NEWS

[SR5] Twins Legs, the Paraplegic Summoner

• 3 Replies

Kuirem

• Omae
« on: <07-29-16/2006:43> »
If you're going to dea to do business with criminals, don't pick a nickname based on any body part you can't afford to lose. Bo Tuan, a.k.a. Twin Legs, learned this the hard way. Both of his parents were working in the Triads and Bo followed their footsteps. He worked as a courier and he was proud of his speed, he ran so fast that you couldn't differentiate each leg from the other.

Sadly it wasn't meant to last. After only two years in the job he got in a situation where he wasn't fast enough to get away. One of the gang driven away the expanding Triads lured him into a trap. They decided to take what was the most precious for him to send a message. Of course the gang was wiped out shortly after but the damage has been done, Twin Legs will never run again.

His spin was badly damaged and even if modern medicine could be able to make him walk again there would be no way he stayed a courier. Bo was so depressed that he didn't move from his hospital room for almost a year. Was they lured by his strong negative feelings or did he just had a dormant potential that woke up with his inactivity? Whatever the reason spirits started to appear to him and he became an Awakened.

With the help of his new companions Twin Legs was able to overcome depression, he kept his nickname as a memory of his lost pride and decided that if he wasn't able to run, his spirits will do it for him.

Character build with Priority :
  • Metatype : D - Human
  • Attributes : B - 20 Attributes
  • Magic : C - Aspected Magician - 3 Magic
  • Skills : A - 46 Skills/10 Skill Groups
  • Resources : E - 6,000¥

[spoiler]
Alias: Twin Legs
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Nationality: UCAS
Lifestyle: Low

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeEssenceMagicInitiative
2666 + 1d6

Positive Qualities
Aspected Magician
Legendary Rep (Triads)
Made Man (Triads)
Mentor Spirit (Eagle)
Quick Healer
Spirit Affinity (Air Spirits)

Negative Qualities
Addiction (Mild) (Psyche)
Allergy (Common, Mild) (Pollutants) (Eagle Mentor Spirit)
In Debt VI
Infirm I
Paraplegic

Active Skills
Influence Group6
Conjuring Group6
Assensing6
Astral Combat6
Automatics (Submachine Guns)6
Clubs (Batons)6
Con (Fast Talk)6
Perception (Visual)6
Sneaking6

Knowledge Skills
Area Knowledge : SeattleStreet6
EnglishLanguageN
CantoneseLanguage5
TriadsStreet4
Underworld (Prostitution)Street2

Spirits
Tradition : Shinto (11 Drain Resist)

TypeForceServices Owned
Air65
Water65
Plant65
Beasts65
Man65

Armor
Armor Jacket
  Gel Packs
  Faraday Pocket
  Concealed Pocket

Armor Clothing
  Nonconductivity (Rating 6)

Weapons
Extendable Baton
Stun Baton
Colt Cobra TZ-120
  Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
[/spoiler]

Lately I got in a discussion about a Wheelchair mage and I thought he had it too easy being able to use Levitate to compensate the wheelchair and using spells like Influence to help people pitying him. That's when I thought about going for a summoner instead, using them to push his wheelchair and fight for him to compensate his disability.

Spirits of Man will push his wheelchair through Social situations, should be quite an impressive sight. Spirits of Beasts can help when the chair needs to be lifted. Spirits of Air when speed is needed (after all it makes sense that the chair speed is scaled on who is pushing it). Spirit of Water if he ends up in a river. Plant Spirits should be useful in a highly forested area where wheelchair can normally hardly move through.

In combat the Spirits will do most of the job with the summoner supporting through Leadership or some Suppressive Fire. Of course he will needs to stay behind cover since he is even more vulnerable than a classic magician but playing with weakness is more fun right?

I wonder if you could pick a Possession tradition and possess the wheelchair directly for even crazier stuff?

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-16/2132:31> »
The only problem I have is the number of spirits and favors owed.
25 karma out of chargen for a temporary boost has my inner min-maxer cringing.
I would advise dropping the spirits now and using some of the karma to buy gear so you can remove In Debt.
Whoa, In Debt 6, I thought it was 4.
Well, you can reduce the In Debt number.
Also, I didn't see any bullets for your gun, a SIN, or a commlink.
Last thing, you can use a Transys Steed and trodes as a wheelchair.
« Last Edit: <07-29-16/2219:00> by fseperent »

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-30-16/0539:37> »
I kind of liked the idea of starting right away with some Bounded Spirit. Guess I invested a bit too much karma in it  :-[

Don't see the problem with In Debt, it's not that hard to pay back unless your GM decide not to give you work for a year to screw with you.

All the Gear is in the character sheet attached to the first post.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #3 on: <08-11-16/1559:08> »
I kind of liked the idea of starting right away with some Bounded Spirit. Guess I invested a bit too much karma in it  :-[

Don't see the problem with In Debt, it's not that hard to pay back unless your GM decide not to give you work for a year to screw with you.

All the Gear is in the character sheet attached to the first post.

Let's take a detailed look at the debt you've given your character:

In Debt 6 means your character has borrowed ¥30,000 from a loan shark.  They want you to repay ¥45,000 in one lump sum to clear the debt. Every month you cannot pay back the full ¥45,000, you need to pay a vig of 10% of the amount owed, ¥4,500.  If you miss a vig payment your character takes 2 boxes of Physical damage that cannot be healed until you make up the missed payment.  If you continue to pay ¥4,500 per month you will never clear the debt.  Ever.  Because all you're doing is clearing that month's interest amount.

This is why Loan Sharks are dangerous.  For some reason people seem to believe that they only need to pay ¥4,500 for 10 months and it's all good.  Nope.  After those 10 months you've paid a total of ¥45,000, and still owe ¥45,000.

That's the issue with taking the In Debt Quality.

"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82