NEWS

[SR5] TrollolololoMancer

• 10 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-07-14/1640:06> »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y5x4_apDoM8Zqn8rp81MhBADLfz_LTxh-upDKcKmagM/edit?usp=sharing

Mostly right now for shoots and giggles. The idea of a troll Technomancer is a bit funny to me.

The big thing he takes most of the time is Kamikaze since he's throwing 16 dice at the addiction tests for it every time.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <04-08-14/0351:20> »
haha, 3 dumpstats? the great GM in the sky hates you :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-08-14/0434:00> »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-08-14/1258:09> »
Well, I see a few weak spots. The Agility/Reaction set to 1 mean that not only can you not avoid getting hit with the dodge ball, you don't even react til after you have been hit. Total klutz in the non VR world. In the VR world that Charisma of 1 translates to an Attack of 1. So you are basically incapable of performing any matrix action that falls into that category, for example cracking a file.

The triple dumpstat combo is deadly all in all.

martinchaen

« Reply #4 on: <04-08-14/1304:25> »
This has inspired me. I'm now going to make a Troll Technomancer for SR5 that is viable.

[adjusts tie]
Challenge. Accepted!

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-08-14/1420:43> »
Well, I see a few weak spots. The Agility/Reaction set to 1 mean that not only can you not avoid getting hit with the dodge ball, you don't even react til after you have been hit. Total klutz in the non VR world. In the VR world that Charisma of 1 translates to an Attack of 1. So you are basically incapable of performing any matrix action that falls into that category, for example cracking a file.

The triple dumpstat combo is deadly all in all.

Yes. he's incapable of performing it normally, even if he had a charisma of 1,000. Due to the lack of hacking as skill, he can't even put a mark on it, let alone use hacking to crack the file.

But he isn't about that. He's about using resonance veil/spike. Trying to hide from him is nearly impossible. Running silent only imposes a dice penalty, rather than an increase to threashold. So while he is missing 1/2 points someone else would have due to lower init, he's rolling 10 dice from the skill itself. And then he spikes you. outside the matrix, he's a whiny sniveling annoying twerp of a troll. Who can easily take just about any punishment and come back the next day. (18 dice on heal checks.)

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-08-14/1444:06> »
Well, it was obvious that this is not an attack and blast oriented character, though resonance veil/spike negates that. I would be a lot more concerned about the other things attack affects. Can't crack a file, can't remove a mark, can't wipe your resonance trace, jam a signal. Some of those might come in handy.

As long as you are sure you will never ever under any possible run setting need to do any of those things, you are right.  Charisma of 1 not a problem. If you admit it is possible that you might need to do them, then it could be a problem. In a concept as focused as completely on the matrix as a technomancer, I would consider it a point of concern.

Is it a concern for you, or a concern in the game you play the character in, too many variables to guess on. Looks like a fun idea, I definitely like it.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-08-14/1527:26> »
We can learn infusion of matrix attribute: attack, which could also cover our issues with that sort of thing having a low cha is pretty much what it is for

Cowdragon

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-08-14/1724:07> »
an interesting approach! I like the thought process. Very very good at a "specialty" and not so good at the otehr stuff. Hmmm...

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-08-14/1803:49> »
Somethings you could do, if you're able to out think the guy..

With Resonance Veil you could make a target think its currently under attack by a dozen deckers or so, that it is getting orders through the matrix to quickly transfer a file's ownership to a particular commlink or the like, or such.

Essentially, you've got to figure out the best way to troll the enemy. If worse comes to worse, you just spike the guy.

Cowdragon

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-08-14/1815:20> »
haha, you said "Troll"