NEWS

[SR5] Used Bioware Streetsam

• 22 Replies

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <04-15-14/1513:00> »
Yup, human, which makes his Edge 5.

Been too busy to update him lately, but hopefully I should have a final version later this week.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

ve4grm

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-15-14/1742:32> »
His Essence, though, is currently sitting .25. I normally avoid dipping below 1 Essence out of habit. Are there any unforseen consequences to having such miniscule Essence that I'm missing?

Just that it makes it harder for people to heal you. Healing spells takes penalties equal to your current essence minus your max essence (rounded up). So at 0.25, they take (0.25 - 6 = -5.75 = -5) a -5 penalty to all spellcasting checks to heal you.

Given that healing spells only heal based on hits, they'll need to cast at higher force to heal you.

Also, double check your limits.

Physical = ((Str*2) + Body + Rea) / 3 = ((6*2)+5+5)/3 = 22/3 = 8 (rounded up)
Mental = ((Log*2) + Int + Will) / 3 = ((2*2)+4+5)/3 = 13/3 = 5 (rounded up)
Social = ((Cha*2) + Will + Essence) / 3 = ((2*2)+5+0.25)/3 = 9.25 = 4 (rounded up)

I'm guessing your stats changed, and you just didn't change your limits?
Thought || Speech || Matrix/com || Astral

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <04-16-14/0434:36> »
I always assumed that the "rounded up" thing meant "round up if you're at .5". Not "if you're at 4.1, congratulations, your Limit is 5!" That would be pretty cool, though, if that was the case.

And for the Social Limit, you're forgetting that Tailored Pheromones adds to your Social Limit. Tailored Pheromones are baller.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <04-16-14/0501:29> »
Actually, the rules state somewhere (before chargen I think) that, unless stated otherwise, numbers are always rounded up.

By the way, for a street sam it won't matter, but with magical characters you'll want to mark Social Limit both augmented and unaugmented (for astral reference).
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-16-14/0825:46> »
Actually, the rules state somewhere (before chargen I think) that, unless stated otherwise, numbers are always rounded up.

By the way, for a street sam it won't matter, but with magical characters you'll want to mark Social Limit both augmented and unaugmented (for astral reference).

Also for those times when you're trying to be nice over the comm or while inside a chemseal suit--both of which happen with alarming frequency to my character.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <04-16-14/1220:06> »

Also for those times when you're trying to be nice over the comm or while inside a chemseal suit--both of which happen with alarming frequency to my character.
See, I don't know about that... the book specifically says the increased Social Limit comes from the pheromones making you feel better about yourself. They're a bioware-enabled confidence boost. Would that really shut off inside a sealed suit?
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #21 on: <04-16-14/1225:42> »

See, I don't know about that... the book specifically says the increased Social Limit comes from the pheromones making you feel better about yourself. They're a bioware-enabled confidence boost. Would that really shut off inside a sealed suit?
I think the way it is written is that you would still get a limit boost, but not the extra dice from Tailored Pheremones if you were in a sealed suit (with the caveat that it never helps magic abilities/tests, I would presume that would include the calculation of an astral limit).
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #22 on: <04-16-14/2036:09> »
used bioware.

yuck.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english