NEWS

Will 6th ed. PDF hit DriveThruRPG the weekend of Gencon

• 8 Replies

Perverseness

• Newb
« on: <07-18-19/1053:50> »
I no longer do hardcopy, it's just to much trouble to store for a large collection in a small apartment.  When I mentioned I was looking at 6th ed, my gaming group swarmed like a group of rabid billy goats on a field of clover.  For consolidation purposes I normally run everything through DrivethruRPG.  Is Catalyst going to be selling directly first and then through DTRPG?  are we going to see a release in parallel with gencon or is it going to be a few weeks?  Is the PDF going to be fully indexed at reease?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-19/1105:07> »
I don't know for sure, but if based on past releases it will be available on DriveThru but there will a at least a few weeks of a delay post GenCon
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-21-19/2159:22> »
I'm in the same boat.  Hardcopy - particularly first run hadcopy with a trainload of errata barrelling in behind it - is dead to me.  I'll be at GenCon, but not to buy paper.

moes1980

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-23-19/0127:17> »
I am hoping for the PDF the week of Gencon too. I can't make it to the con to pick up the rule book and I have players wanting more games after running the starter the set!

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-23-19/1005:35> »
Given the issues with books continuing to be published before errata checking, it would be nice if there was an online SRD (rules only) that was kept updated as errata was finalized. People who bought the PDF would be buying access to that as well, and could download a new copy as new updates and clarifications were added.  It would be nice if the actual game book were updated regularly and reposted to DTRPG, but a current SRD would be enough for me.  As it stands, I'm suspecting I will buy the PDF, then make one for myself (no fluff, just the rules). Then I can add in my house rules easily.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-23-19/1239:01> »
I’m guessing it will take about as much time as it took for the Psd of the QSR to get to drive through after origins.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #6 on: <07-23-19/2015:27> »
It's sounding like we will not be able to get the PDF of the Core Book through the CGL Store or DriveThruRPG during GenCon. So those of us who can't make the pilgrimage to GenCon get to wait an extra 1-1.5 months?

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-24-19/1744:59> »
I live inSpain. I cant move to GenCon. I really, really hope buy PDF that weekend in the Catalyst Store.
Wait some weeks for sell the PDF version is a BIG MISTAKE.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <07-24-19/1932:53> »
In years past, CGL has been good about getting PDFs out by the Thursday or Friday of GenCon for books they are selling at the convention. There is no guarantee, however.