NEWS

*Your* custom mask

• 22 Replies

gunther

• Newb
« on: <02-26-15/0326:51> »
You do have it. Dont deny it, there are those times when you cant let your face be seen.

So, how does yours look? do you have a second face, or do you bring the clown when the drek hits the fan?

and when *is* the right time for your masked self? never leave home without it? put it on the second you leave the van, running towards that corporate lab?

Lastly, whats installed in yours? What is needed, whats cool, whats shitty?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-26-15/0420:46> »
I've asked that myself before

At the moment I favor:

Custom Balistic Mask with YNT weave, electro chromic modification.
Inside is a respirator 6
area jammer 4
Sensor Array
Autoinjector w/Crash, Stim 6 and Kamikaze

It's the classic Jason mask, combined with the murder armor you get the unstoppable serial killer that comes back from the dead (And for some reason your comlink will stop working just before he strikes...)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-26-15/0829:38> »
How on earth do you fit all that in? A mask has capacity 8 which is taken up just by your respirator and sensor array.

Being a mage I tend towards physical mask for the actual meets, sure they have a chance of seeing through it but I prefer to show up and deal with clients as a young black man who arranges things for his client but doesn't go on runs himself "I'm an intermediary sir, one day when I have enough experience I hope to be a fixer but first I need the experience and contacts". On runs I normally wear either a helmet or custom mask to hide my face. Helmets my biking helmet in the nasty world we live in (gas mask, smartlkink, thermographic vision and trodes). The mask is a plain pullover job (electrochromatic, respirator 3, smartlink, lowlight vision and trodes).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-26-15/0840:21> »
YNT Softweave increases that to 12
talk think matrix

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #4 on: <02-26-15/1412:03> »
I think of mine as something like the Predator's mask. Creepy, blank, and expressionless.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <02-26-15/1525:32> »

This mask, with the following:

YNT Softweave - allows for 12 modification slots
Gas mask - 2 slots
Micro-transceiver - 1 slot
Low-light vision - 1 slot
Smartlink - 1 slot
Image Link/HUD - 1 slot
Audio Enhancement [Rating 3] - 3 slots
Vision Enhancement [Rating 3] - 3 slots

Question: do you apply the doubling cost of YNT softweave before or after putting in the mods?  If before, then my cost is 6,125¥.  If after, then my cost is 11,950¥.  Availability is 30R...  yikes!
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-26-15/1542:29> »
Question: do you apply the doubling cost of YNT softweave before or after putting in the mods?  If before, then my cost is 6,125¥.  If after, then my cost is 11,950¥.  Availability is 30R...  yikes!

YNT modifies the base, not the other mods. Therefore, it's the former for me.
talk think matrix

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #7 on: <02-26-15/1607:21> »
That's how I've been doing it too.  But I'd be lying if I said I was 100% on it.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <02-26-15/1622:51> »
I use before also. nothing seems to suggest otherwise.
« Last Edit: <02-26-15/1756:05> by ikarinokami »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-26-15/1631:50> »
Modifications are applied to the armor rather than being part of the armor. As such YNT is applied to the basic armor, otherwise how could it be applied to the modifications made available because of the modification? And honestly, just as well for people doing YNT High Fashion Armor & Coat sets.... YIKES!

Splitting hairs, yes... but sometimes that's what you need to find RAI.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

insomn14

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-27-15/0623:58> »
It's not the ballistic mask, but I go for helmets myself.

It has a trid projector (so showing diagrams and/or making funny faces at people) and a respirator (for those few moments before you kick on your internal airtank when the gas starts pouring in).

8-bit

« Reply #11 on: <02-27-15/1051:07> »
It has a trid projector (so showing diagrams and/or making funny faces at people) and a respirator (for those few moments before you kick on your internal airtank when the gas starts pouring in).

Why not just put a Gas Mask in instead? It's better than a Respirator.

adzling

« Reply #12 on: <02-27-15/1101:15> »
(i'd use YNT but herolab doesn't let you use it on masks or helmets)
Gas Mask
audio enhancement 3
spatial recognizer

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #13 on: <02-27-15/1346:59> »
I admit, prime runners I build have a 2 in 3 chance to have a ballistic mask. Covers the face, makes them harder to kill, and lets me put in a bit of customization.

I usually put a Gas Mask and a Biomonitor into the mask. Another one I use often is a flashlight. Other stuff varies.
The characters I build with them often put one on that reinforces their theme. The cowboy's will look like a burlap sack or a face covered by a kerchief. A Halloweener chief will try and pick out something scary.

If I made one, well...

One of those, with tragedy being my preference.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #14 on: <02-27-15/1651:00> »
I guess the closest I came was a motorcycle helmet with a bunch of stuff.  Granted, this was before the whole respirator-mask thing...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.