NEWS

Need an opinion on these BTL's

• 4 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <08-31-18/1827:03> »
Hi Guys,

My group has been quite magic heavy lately so I'm planning a few runs that are putting the cyber and the tech into focus. One of these plots is about BTL's

BTL in the current edition or more narrative then anything else. Still I want to be prepared incase my players go deeper and check stuff out to see what is does.( Like making hardware/software checks to see whats on them )

Please note, these are not supposed to be gamebreaking rules just detailed in effect.

Moodchip

These a week psychochips that can be had legally with prescription or illegally from your local dealer. Users know they are chiped and can resist the effect with a simple Willpower+ Charisma (2 ) check, which allows the to remove the chip. Duration 1h or 1D3 hours available

SPORT-E : You want to pump iron and work out

RUN-E: You want to go jog or run

STUD-E: You are highly motivated to dig into your college books ( Very popular product on campus grounds)

SLEEP-E: Helps you go to sleep

WAKE-E: Like Long haul, no need to sleep

Dating Chips/ Lifestyle chips, weak personafix

These a week psychochips that can be had legally with prescription or illegally from your local dealer. Users know they are chiped and can resist the effect with a simple Willpower+ Charisma (2 ) check. Duration 1D3 Hours

NUDE-E: You feel comfortable with your body image and want to take off your clothes.

SEX-E: Increases your libido and makes you horny ( Popular with married drones)

The nasty stuff
These programs will start running 1D3 min after the chip as been inserted. They can only be stopped by removing the chip or burning out. Duration 10x 1D6 min
These are currently hitting the street and are starting to get the attion of the authorities.

RAGE: You go berserk like the shark mentor spirit ( SR5)

IRON MAN: You are treated as having a PAIN EDITOR bioware AND HAVING THE THRILL SEEKER QUALITY

SLO MO: Like the stuff in dread: It Makes you think you have Wired refexes or move by wire systems, but actually you still move at regualr speed.
             you roll twice for Initiative. The first roll is your INI score + 5D6. That is how you percieve time and think you are moving.
             The second score is you're actual initiative, how fast you are really moving.

SLO MO is currently causing trouble on the street. People are getting hurt or killed because they get into accidents.

What do you think ? To strong or to weak ? Any other cool ideas ?

Thanks Seras
« Last Edit: <09-02-18/1525:17> by Seras »
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

daidalon

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-31-18/1958:36> »
I'd say, for Iron Man, add in a penalty to it like adding in the thrill seeker quality when on it, as a pain editor is pretty damn gnarly (its also thematically appropriate given how you feel invincible :P)

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <09-02-18/0329:22> »
What's the point of having two initiatives? What does that accomplish?

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-02-18/1521:40> »
I'd say, for Iron Man, add in a penalty to it like adding in the thrill seeker quality when on it, as a pain editor is pretty damn gnarly (its also thematically appropriate given how you feel invincible :P)

Yeah, some sort of side effect is neccassary, otherwise players will just go to town on BTL  ;).

I like the thrill seeker idea, it is being updated
« Last Edit: <09-02-18/1524:28> by Seras »
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-02-18/1523:49> »
What's the point of having two initiatives? What does that accomplish?

The first Initiative is how you perseive the world ( in slo motion) the second is how fast you really are. Mostly it is a storytelling mechanism so that my players have an idea what it does.....or incase one of my brilliant players decides to " jack in the chip to see what it does " ::)