NEWS

Tron: Legacy

• 32 Replies

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #15 on: <12-19-10/1125:20> »
I went to see Tron yesterday and I have to say as a Tron fan I wasn't disappointed.  I wasn't a big fan of the 3D though.  This was the first 3D movie I ever saw and I didn't like it.  The glasses were awkward and uncomfortable.  Further more I don't think the 3D added to the movie anything more then not having 3D.  All that aside I really liked the movie.  There was just enough story to keep me interested and the effects were amazing.
Some people call me crazy...  Maybe they are right.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #16 on: <12-21-10/2200:59> »
Its a rare movie that lives up to the hype. Tron did. On a side note, I've tracked down what was probably used to light up the costumes (yes, they really do light up). I'm brushing up my corporate doublespeak to see if I can get the cost down to something only expensive instead of ruinous.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <12-21-10/2341:33> »
I kinda missed the "colored-in-editing" light effect from the first movie, though. And I did get to see it at MN Zoo's IMAX in 3D before moving out of the state. I would've liked to sit a little further back (it literally filled my peripheral vision, throwing some of the 3D effect "off"), but I was too giddy to worry about it at the time.

By the way, did you catch who played Dillinger's son? Heh-heh-heh... Wonder if they're going to plan another sequel now. I'd go into more detail about my ideas from the movie, but there's just too much spoiler info to post in public.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-10/1009:49> »
I took my son the opening day, saw it in 3D cause he really likes it (He's 10 cut him slack) He liked it so much he wants to see in the D-box seating now! How cool is that! ;D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Rascal

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-23-10/0711:16> »
I´m already in love with the soundtrack... As soon as christmas goes back home to the North Pole or whatever I seriously need to see this movie.
"If you don´t stop driving through walls I´m going to start rolling for the van to explode - this is an American game!"

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <12-23-10/1014:55> »
By the way, did you catch who played Dillinger's son? Heh-heh-heh... Wonder if they're going to plan another sequel now. I'd go into more detail about my ideas from the movie, but there's just too much spoiler info to post in public.

Don't read too much into that, the role was uncredited.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <12-23-10/1035:54> »

Don't read too much into that, the role was uncredited.
Cillian "Scarecrow" Murphy

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-23-10/1148:39> »
Cillian "Scarecrow" Murphy

Oh, I know who the actor is. But if you check the credits you won't find him listed. Not something I would expect if I were expecting to see more of him.
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <12-23-10/1350:21> »
Actually, they will sometimes use the "uncredited" star as a surprise. I'd be surprised if a sequel wasn't being bandied about where Dillinger manages to get into the Grid causing a User vs. User fight.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <12-23-10/1530:41> »
Actually, they will sometimes use the "uncredited" star as a surprise.

I'm having a hard time coming up with an example of this, do you have any handy?

I'd be surprised if a sequel wasn't being bandied about where Dillinger manages to get into the Grid causing a User vs. User fight.

I think the revenue for the franchise will dictate Disney's response. Normally I would say "box" instead of "revenue" and "movie" instead of "franchise", but this is Disney. They know how to turn a profit on a property, they also look more at the overall gains rather than just one stream.
Power corrupts.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <12-23-10/1720:39> »
Actually, they will sometimes use the "uncredited" star as a surprise.

I'm having a hard time coming up with an example of this, do you have any handy?

Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Expendables, and also in The Rundown
Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi in many of Sam Raimi's films
Rob Schneider in Adam Sandler's movies and vice versa

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <12-24-10/0242:58> »
Also, Christopher Walken in Sleepy Hollow as the Headless Horseman.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <12-27-10/1012:16> »
Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Expendables, and also in The Rundown
Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi in many of Sam Raimi's films
Rob Schneider in Adam Sandler's movies and vice versa

Ok, you got me with Arnold. I'll take your word on Bruce Campbell, I haven't seen too many of Ted Raimi's movies. As for Sandler and Schneider, well, I try to avoid.

However, Christopher Walken was credited for his role in Sleepy Hollow.
Power corrupts.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <12-27-10/1049:53> »
Really?  I never saw it in the credits, and I looked.

Will have to check again.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #29 on: <12-27-10/1417:25> »
Ted directed all 3 spider-man movies