NEWS

Updates on upcoming products?

• 297 Replies

Mara

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-16-14/0358:36> »
I was looking at the coming releases page, and noticed that it seems to be rather out of date.
First, it only lists one Introductor Boxed Set, not the two that the product got split into.
It still lists Splintered State as coming(wasn't this, like, already released?)

Now, given SR seems to do things different from the BattleTech Side, I can understand them still listing
Run and Gun as "coming soon," because the SR side doesn't consider something released until it
is released in print(while the BT side considers something released as soon as it is out in PDF).

However, shouldn't there be something new showing up following the release of Splintered States?
Shouldn't they already be announcing the book to follow Run and Gun? SHouldn't it list both of the
split Introductory Boxed Set products instead of just the original "planned, but plans have changed"
product?

TheDarkMessiah

• Chummer
  • 'Sup?
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-14/0407:18> »
The voices from the metaplanes, they tell me that the magic book is next. I do not know whether I can trust them though.
“Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who sticks his nose out-of-doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.”

Speech | Thought | Matrix | Astral

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-14/0452:46> »
The voices from the metaplanes, they tell me that the magic book is next. I do not know whether I can trust them though.

Well, remember that, originally, Run Faster was up before Run and Gun..and then was dropped completely..so..

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-14/1722:17> »

Well, remember that, originally, Run Faster was up before Run and Gun..and then was dropped completely..so..

*materializes into the physical plane*

"You DARE question my all-seeing Divinations, mortal?!"

Anyways, I was the one that reported this little tidbit. It specifically came from this Facebook post back in March:
Today's Phrase that Pays is lifted directly from the art notes for Street Grimoire: "corrupted coconut octopus." jmh

Source

It was the only mention of an upcoming product apart from R&G being even mentioned, the other being the board game Hostile Takeover. Other then that, not a peep about Data Trails, Run Faster, Rigger 5 (?), or whatever-the-hell-Augmentation-5th is going to be called. It's admittedly not much to go on, but that's really all we've got. CGL has been known to work on one big source/rulebook at a time, so I doubt the other rulebooks are being worked on at the same time as Street Grimoire. Other than that, nothing on what's happening with Stolen Souls, and nothing on Seattle Boxed Set that was teased in the Digital Tool Box.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-17-14/1711:33> »
Post on FB today...PDF proofs of Stolen Souls in for review.  ;D

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #5 on: <04-17-14/1717:51> »
Stolen Souls?

Got paydata for us new to the shadows on this, chummer?
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-17-14/1731:03> »
Stolen Souls?

Basically, first official sourcebook of SR5.

Details more development of the Sybil Virus plotline, setting details on Manhattan, and crunch wise is supposed to provide stuff for extraction runs.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

martinchaen

« Reply #7 on: <04-17-14/1937:09> »
Fraggin' Facebook. How about posting those very same news here on the forums for those of us who are social dinosaurs? :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <04-17-14/1954:28> »
Got to keep up with the bleeding edge, chummer!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-17-14/2132:49> »
Stolen Souls?

Basically, first official sourcebook of SR5.

Details more development of the Sybil Virus plotline, setting details on Manhattan, and crunch wise is supposed to provide stuff for extraction runs.

Oh! Thank you! That will be extremely useful!

Keeping up with bleeding edge caused FastJack to be stuck in a battle against his own mind. And then there's a little gun named Excalibur that was bleeding edge...

I prefer to keep behind bleeding edge :P
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

martinchaen

« Reply #10 on: <04-17-14/2145:33> »
Bah, humbug; get off my PAN!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <04-17-14/2203:46> »
Back in my day, our Matrix was a fraggin' DUNGEON, and the rest of the group had to go out for pizza!

AND I LIKED IT!

:P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-17-14/2246:28> »
Back in my day, our Matrix was a fraggin' DUNGEON, and the rest of the group had to go out for pizza!

AND I LIKED IT!

And I bet IC was a troll wielding a club :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <04-18-14/0952:38> »
Mungo had to get his start somewhere.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-18-14/0959:47> »

AND I LIKED IT!

ice was gleaming chrome constructs! Black IC was intimidating, black chrome things, like black chrome dragons
or black chrome knights. You knew it was bad-ass just looking at it! And Avatars never looked like who they were,
unless that person was a straight-up newbie to the Matrix. And nothing was scarier then getting a system map,
and finding out the data you were after was in a Red 8 Data Store directly behind the Red 8 CPU...unless it was
seeing that it was a Blue 6 Data Store...(and, oh, yeah, you ALWAYS made sure you had a disposable Attack 1
program to load FIRST, incase that thing had a Tar Pit on it!)