NEWS

Into the Chaos (IC)

• 1203 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #825 on: <12-15-16/2030:19> »
Ayato grabs Irris' shotgun and hides it up under his coat.  He quickly gets to the building and approaches the office door but pauses just before going in.  In position., he sends over his com.

If Kynos gets here before some other signal and attempts to go past Ayato will hold out a hand and sub-vocalize.  She said might, Kynos-san.  Let's give her a chance.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #826 on: <12-16-16/0312:44> »
So long for the discretion, thinks Wheely while making a mental effort to multitasking his drone to be ready to leave as well as his car. So far the Gerbil stay put, it wouldn't be a good idea to ring the metal detectors while Irris is in such a tense situation.

<<Waiting for your signal.>>

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #827 on: <12-16-16/0858:15> »
Look omae we both know what's going on here and we don't want to step on any toes.  We are just here for a looksee, so you tell us what your objective is and we will make sure we don't step on your run, right.  We are discreet as well.  There's no reason to go loud, just let us talk to your boss if you can't make the decision.

Protip though.  If you are going to pose as a secretary for a security company you might at least brush up on the basics, and tell your invisible friend to turn off the wireless connection on their Wired reflexes, it's a bit of a give away.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #828 on: <12-18-16/0957:22> »
Slowly, he turns to his side.  His eyelids creaking open to peer around the van and at the woman at the bench.  Enervation taking hold of him as he forces himself to stay awake to listen to her speak.  In response, Maxwell opens his mouth to say something but instead a loud yawn comes out.  A little embarrassed at the involuntary answer, he eventually manages to speak.  "Sorry.  Wasn't bored.  I'm kinda sleepy if you couldn't tell.  Thanks anyway for placating me.   Oh and... sorry about your rough life.  I might be a little late on that end but... I still feel bad.  Thanks again and good night."  Rolling over to the opposite side of the bed with his back to Simone.  All prepared to let his mind wander as he falls to sleep.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #829 on: <12-18-16/1631:17> »
Simone smiles at the man's words.  It has been a very long time indeed since anyone showed any sort of compassion for her situation.  After all, there are lots of people that have had worse lives and most of them probably receive no real compassion from anyone.  She remains quiet as she listens to the man fall asleep on her bed, his soft snores coming and going as she continues working on the cyberarm in front of her.  She is working through a particularly difficult fault and it requires most of her attention just now, so she can spare few thoughts for the man in her bed.  She giggles a bit in spite of herself at the thought.  After all, a man in her bed ought to be sleeping WITH her and not alone.  Shrugging, she realizes that this is pretty indicative of her life, with the exception of the man she had spent the night with.  Now, that had been a pleasant, if rare, occurrence, but one she is not likely to repeat with him any time soon.  Simone flips her goggles up and turns to look at the man behind her and smiles before turning back to her work and putting goggles back in place.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #830 on: <12-18-16/2246:27> »
As Ayato waits in position he activates his Astral Perception and tries to get a read on the room and confirm an invisible aura.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #831 on: <12-19-16/0345:40> »
@Irris the man says "oh go away right in but you are on thin ice, in an unfamiliar world. we both know that I cannot stop you." he unlocks the door with a swift hand gesture and allows you to enter.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #832 on: <12-19-16/0352:25> »
@Ayato Knyos you arrive undisturbed to the floors. 20 or 30 more seconds and you are at the office. If Ayato uses astral perception he sees no invisible man. Irris and the man are the only ones in the room and the security guard is outside. wired reflexes either belong to someone not in the room or are just a wrapper around some other icon.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #833 on: <12-19-16/0550:15> »
Wheely's drone follow Irris inside, using his small size and Irris distraction to stay unseen.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #834 on: <12-19-16/1623:08> »
Kynos looked with his faceless helmet at Ayato's outstretched arm than at his eyes before replying: <<Shooting one after the other is easier than having to shoot them all at once.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #835 on: <12-19-16/2016:33> »
I'm in boys.  Gonna take a look around with Wheels.  Hang loose in case I need to call the cavalry.

I nod to the secretary Thanks, I'll be careful to stay out of your way.  I walk slowly making sure Wheely can keep up and remain wary for an ambush and look around for the RCC and anything else that might be worth a paycheck.

― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #836 on: <12-22-16/1411:33> »
@Irris, Wheely  As Irris enters the back room it is clear that something terrible has happened there, the walls are covered with blood, and the corridor is decorated with multiple bodies that were hastily stashed over there. The smell indicates that these bodies are lying there for a day or two. The corridor has three doors - and in each of the doors lies an RCC with with a heavily wounded Rigger, still jacked in.  In the meanwhile, the secretary closes the door behind them, Irris has to admit - the place smells like a slaughterhouse and was once heavily defended. Despite the many dead it appears that no firearm was discharged during that offense.  Wheely can see the massacre in his drone feed, and even then it makes him sick. The little drone counts 8 bodies overall, all well armored and are still armed.

@Kynos and Ayato - when you arrive the secretary and guard are there - they do not seem exceptionally hostile unless you threaten them.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #837 on: <12-22-16/1650:51> »
What a mess.  The cleaning service will not be pleased.  I investigate the bodies to determine what killed them, blades, blunt force trauma elemental attacks etc.  I then move on to check any other possible entrances and exits to the room. 

[spoiler]I'm not sure if this would alert the system but I'm sure my character would know.  But if jacking directly into the RCCs wouldn't alert the system I'll check out the host(s) to see what's in it/them[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #838 on: <12-23-16/0157:06> »
@Irris -  There are actually very little signs of struggle, you notice many bite marks, and the massive blood amounts can be explain by someone feeding on the victim's blood. As evidence, there are bite marks near their major blood vessels. Oddly enough, there are no signs of struggle - none at all. Their weapons are even all still in their holsters.

[spoiler]
If Irris (or Wheely) has some medical knowledge they also observe that the victims were alive during this feeding frenzy.
A more careful inspection will spot the hole of some sort of needle, in the neck of all the guards, perhaps they were hit with a toxin of some kind.
[/spoiler]

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #839 on: <12-23-16/0256:02> »
Wheely uses his drones to take as many pictures as possible, he doesn't know much about medicine but Simone might be able to draw conclusion.