NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #360 on: <04-25-19/1502:58> »
Good to hear something is happening next week :)

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #361 on: <04-25-19/1540:35> »
Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia is dropping. It is basically an encyclopedia of EVERYTHING Shadowrun. small to large articles about everything you'd ever want to know.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #362 on: <04-25-19/1808:53> »
More material ... Mmmm nice
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #363 on: <04-26-19/0212:10> »
Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia is dropping. It is basically an encyclopedia of EVERYTHING Shadowrun. small to large articles about everything you'd ever want to know.

Ooo, we finally have a street date? I have been WAITING on this one!

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #364 on: <04-26-19/1658:45> »
Jason just posted keep an eye on next week...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #365 on: <04-27-19/0538:17> »
Evil... Sigh... Hope the info drops soon, so that whatever NDAs are involved no longer apply.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #366 on: <04-29-19/1109:33> »
Gonna be a big week.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #367 on: <06-01-19/1327:43> »
Looking forward to it.

Say, Opti, does it seem as if this boat is rocking?

I feel like the boat is rocking...

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #368 on: <06-03-19/1257:14> »
I got to say, while I fully understand the writers´ desire to build up their story arcs mysteriously via tidbits and through the lense of ingame characters, an occasional, succint summary (say of the releases of the last 2 RL years) would really go a long way of making it easier to keep up. Bonus points for including a list of the products containing info about each metaplot, so we know where to look.
The way it is handled right now doesn´t really encourage me to follow most of the metaplots. Or include them in my own campaigns. Hunting down references in half a dozen PDF or just double-checking is rather tedious. As a GM I got enough archivists´ work on my plate already.
I strongly agree with this. I find it annoying and frustrating to dig through dozens of pages of Jackpoint banter across several books to figure out what's going on, and in the end I still have to wait for more books to hope for some sort of resolution.

I just started reading Blood in the Boardroom, for 3rd edition I think, about the break-up of Fuchi, the creation of Novatech, and tons of other corporate shenenigans, and it's fantastic! Over two years of heavy corporate war with massive shakeups and clear results, all together in a single, clear and very readable book, filled with tons of adventure ideas and even fairly detailed adventure frameworks (by Shadowrun standards) to get the players involved.

That's exactly the kind of book I'd like to see. Are there recent books like that? I guess Bloody Business is kinda like that, but the scope is far smaller, much of the info is in Market Panic, actual resolutions are in later books, and the adventure ideas are far less detailed.

- The Complete Trog had a Jackpoint date of 17 Aug 2079.  In it, Erica and Transys-Neuronet have first collectively split from NeoNet, then split from each other.  But the Corporate Corp decision hasn't come down yet.
That's great to know, but why is it in The Complete Trog? Isn't that book specifically about orks and trolls? Is this a plot development that's specifically relevant to orks and trolls? It feels like I need to buy a book I don't want, just to get to the resolution of the events in Market Panic and Bloody Business.

- Dark Terrors (of all places) has most of the details.  (Dark Terrors' Jackpoint date is 17 Dec, 2079)
Of all places indeed. Although this at least is a book that I actually intend to buy (I haven't yet). It sounds like a more appropriate place to deal with Ares than NeoNET, though.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #369 on: <06-03-19/1741:30> »
Spreading out the plot never really appealed to me either, the same with the vagueness. Maybe it’s because I’m not good at interpreting vague pieces of information, who knows. Personally I would prefer specific parts of the plot be clear in relevant books where other fluff books add more color to the world.

Say Cutting Black is about the Elder Gods (since we cannot use Horrors) striking back then in order to not have new GMs having to buy all the old books back from 1st and 2nd make it clear what the developers believe has happened up until now in that book.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #370 on: <06-26-19/2121:53> »
Gonna be a big week.

I was a month or two off, lol.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #371 on: <06-28-19/0327:14> »
I was a month or two off, lol.

So you're saying this was a big week?

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #372 on: <06-28-19/1927:18> »
I was suggesting the Streetpedia may have some fodder for discussion. However, a few days after saying so, they decided to move release to origins, lol.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #373 on: <06-28-19/2124:39> »
Surprised to hear it not bandied about here more, truth be told.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #374 on: <07-24-19/1219:56> »
with the changeover in editions and the release of the Streetpedia, it seems to me that a lot of plot lines could be updated now.  Also while we've had some of the 6th World metaplot teased, I don't think we get more detail until well into the Fall, so we are in a bit of a metaplot/lore dry-spell.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beyond tired of the discussion of whether or not the 6th edition rules are/will be any good, and I'd really like some non-rule-based stuff to look forward on here.

I was wondering if maybe this could be done as a bit of a group effort?  Either individuals taking on a particular arc to provide an updated status for, or else maybe choosing a metaplot item every couple of days and coming to some consensus on it?  Or something else?  Basically I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loves the lore and metaplots of this world and would rather talk about those right now, and I'm hoping we can get at least a few people involved in the discussion  (sadly I suspect that a lot of the freelancers are not allowed to talk about such things?)