« Reply #90 on: <08-22-15/0159:46> »
Sure, never leave without it ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <08-22-15/1532:21> »
How do you fall on gimping cyberlimbs  (i.e. physical limit and movement speed)?

How do you feel about looting? I.e changing device ownership vs. too much trouble to balance rewards.

And I guess, is the game still open?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <08-23-15/0947:41> »
1. cyberlimbs do not effect physical limit (but they have their own physical limit that is often quite high).
2. Changing device ownership is very difficult in my world.
3. Yes but once one of the runs finishes, 3 parallel is enough for me.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <08-23-15/1035:41> »
I've got a 4 limbs and torso cyber brute and a hardware tech specializing in device theft... minor drone work too.  Both have Yakuza affiliations. Any interest or too much trouble?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <08-24-15/1904:24> »
I don't like that concept very much, I am sorry. I do not want to introduce device theft to the game, and part of my game is to be able to deny that you've been involved in something. Police lineups and memory checks are things I intend to have. Playing a character that appears very unusual is a significant drawback in my game.

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #95 on: <09-10-15/1816:30> »
Since Gilga asked me to,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Eilie-VuHFdEZZREhMVUNPc3M

Nyx was born in Ireland in 1990 a spike baby. Her parents rather confused by her elongated ears had them touched up when she was a young child. Much to there surprise only 20 years later the awakening happened. Soon after she dropped out of university and joined up with a local gang that was eventually absorbed into the IRA. Drifting from mission to mission never really exceeding at much her time to shine came when the cyberdeck was invented, turning into a prominent hacker she blasted through firewalls and disabled security for her team until the fateful day of the IRA bombing of the SAS base. Shocked that she had actually participated in both the construction and infiltration of said bomb into the base she decided to distance herself from her fellows and found a cushy job as a security spider at a tech company for just short of a decade. Pulled back in by her good friend Dubstep and a lust for the good old days she joined up before getting ambushed by Z Squad a paramilitary arm of the british government. On the run with only the very hasty fall back plan of bail to the UCAS, find shamus, and get revenge she finds herself in Chicago a decker with combat experience to spare. Recently returning from missions both in the CAS and Chicago dealing with both toxic shamans and the Zone, and running a river in Tennessee. She returned and underwent surgery for both bioware and cybernetics. Taking a little time to herself she is now ready to get back in the game, one step closer to avenging her friends and family. After all hell hath no fury like a pissed off shadowrunner.

OOC: Hello everyone! My characters name is spitfire and I will try my best to play to her strengths and weaknesses, though she is one tough cookie she does have a softer side and the regret of one fateful night still hangs over her. The only note I have regarding her background is she keeps the fact she is a elf to herself its easier that way. After all if everyone thinks your a young human you can get away with so much more. I hope you guys enjoyed my intro I would ofcorse play her in first person during posts this was just a overall briefing of sorts, cant wait to play!

Spitfire~
« Last Edit: <09-10-15/1819:24> by Spitfire »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <09-10-15/1823:24> »
Welcome.

Interesting character, but how did you manage to have body and logic both at 6? Is your augmentation list missing a cerebral booster?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #97 on: <09-10-15/2002:02> »
Oh no I started with character creation with a logic of six and just added one to body so I remembered for the plastic bone lacing, from what I gathered from the rules your body literally gets tougher so you can take more punishment, its like buying body attribute but with money, I might be wrong though, if not, its 5 as the base, and effectively six from the bone lacing.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #98 on: <09-10-15/2010:38> »
Bone Lacing only adds a point to Body for the purposes of soaking damage.  You do not actually have that additional point of Body (so it doesn't factor into your Physical Limit calculation, for example).
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #99 on: <09-10-15/2051:51> »
So how does that work.... If you get a point for damage soaking, does that apply to your total health? or just rolls for when you take damage? aka a extra dice to soak, or is it just for all intents and purposes another point of body that just kinda floats there till you get shot at?

Edit: I changed it back to five for simplicity, updated it on google drive as well, Ill just have to remember to add that extra dice when I roll for body rolls. I do know for a fact it ups your physical damage, that's why all my melee weapons do +3 instead of +2
« Last Edit: <09-10-15/2247:59> by Spitfire »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <09-10-15/2258:28> »
Actually it ups your unarmed damage, not the damage of of weapons I believe.
Spitfire would do STR+1 with her fists but still STR+2 with her combat knife.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #101 on: <09-10-15/2307:16> »
That makes sense and I assume since the cyberblade uses unarmed it would get the bonus?