Monofilament Whip/Garrote

• 40 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <05-02-11/0059:07> »
Don't think so, why? O.o
Wait, yes he did.  Used it on one of the Voodoo Gang Members in the "Shit Happens" scene.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #16 on: <05-02-11/0106:11> »
Yah, not only is it a net with razor sharp wire, the spikes around the perimeter after embedding themselves into the wall start retracting the net pulling it taut and basically chunkifying the victim.

Harrigan later in the film gets hit with the net as well, but he has the Predator's throwing blade in his hand at the time and slices the net open before it can kill him.

-k
« Last Edit: <05-02-11/0143:54> by KarmaInferno »

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <05-02-11/0108:11> »
Don't think so, why? O.o
Wait, yes he did.  Used it on one of the Voodoo Gang Members in the "Shit Happens" scene.
*shrugs* i'll admit it has been years since i last saw that movie . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <05-02-11/0957:16> »
I don't think it was monofilament but it was definitely edged.  It shows up in one of the awful AVP movies as well, or maybe more than one.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-09-11/1446:00> »
AVP = wasted potential. :(
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-09-11/1455:03> »
AvP2 with Primal hunt was a nice game.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #21 on: <05-09-11/2003:51> »
The cutting net from Predator 2 wasn't quite mf, as it wasn't designed to cut through the target so much as catch them, then have the auto-winches at its anchor points reel in enough to crush the target to death. The wires weren't thin enough to cut straight through. The predator species would still want their trophy to be intact, after all.

Monofilament grids of various styles were, however all over the place in the Cube movies. My players hate that I have all three of those films on my brainstorm list.  ;D
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-10-11/1041:52> »
Red Queen:"I am a baad bad girl . . "

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #23 on: <05-10-11/1439:10> »
The cube as inspiration for SR games...
Wow, that'd make one hell of a sadistic setting.
Some GM pick this up and start a PbP!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #24 on: <05-10-11/1945:32> »
I can imagine some twisted gameshow where condemned criminals try to escape a series of gruesome deathtraps in a maze.

And the runner team waking up in the starting room for the maze.

-k

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <05-10-11/1949:26> »
You wake up in a 10x10x10 room, all of your gear has vanished. There is a single open door in one wall and a single dim lamp on the ceiling. In one corner is a Wall-Mounted telecom. The Screen flickers to life. You see a face that does not really ring any bells, other than some distant memories. You hear a single word:"Run"

The most railroady and assholish move a GM can pull on his players in my not very humble opinion.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <05-10-11/1955:53> »
You wake up in a 10x10x10 room, all of your gear has vanished. There is a single open door in one wall and a single dim lamp on the ceiling. In one corner is a Wall-Mounted telecom. The Screen flickers to life. You see a face that does not really ring any bells, other than some distant memories. You hear a single word:"Run"

The most railroady and assholish move a GM can pull on his players in my not very humble opinion.
Just add GLaDOS.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-10-11/2000:13> »

Just add GLaDOS.   ;D
You, my friend, are a baad bad boy <.< . .

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <05-10-11/2008:04> »
I GMed Deadlands and was an official Demonstrator for the Paranoia RPG.

If I can think of ways to make things worse, I will.

Actually, a lot of folks loved my Paranoia games.  Some purposefully tried to die just to hear the description of how the next clone got delivered.

Surprisingly, I've never used Monofilament to any great degrees other than as a replacement for Razorwire on fences.  Mainly because I have a lot of evil ideas for it's use and know I'd scare people too much.

One of which involves the most horrific puppet show ever seen.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-10-11/2013:08> »
If i did not have the REALLY WORST LUCK when it comes to dice rolling, i'd have built Walther from Hellsing Fame by now . .
10 Monofilament Whips, one in each Finger and Thumb.
And basically, Monowire is pretty limited in ways you can use it.
Basically, either have people move into it fast, or move it fast into people.
Or if you wanna be really mean, start by the feet, do a spiral going upwards around the body and then pull taught . .