NEWS

enchanted bolts

• 33 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <07-07-14/0650:37> »
Its not stoppable, as in once you've activated it, you cannot get it to stop casting the spell.

Like a bullet. Once ignite the powder, you cannot stop the bullet from exploding.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #31 on: <07-07-14/1004:20> »
But the tone of your posting ... great job ...

Because saying this is so much better?

I'll reiterate one more time:

You are wrong.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <07-07-14/1311:15> »
But the tone of your posting ... great job ...

Because saying this is so much better?

I'll reiterate one more time:

You are wrong.
I'll better keep this short ...
Stating that someone is wrong is a difference in my book to trying to ridicule someone, but your mileage may vary.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-07-14/1316:28> »
As for our Punch vs Fireball, I guess its a huge difference in our play style. If I'm going to go through the time of making an Arcane Archer.. well, I'd want to be an arcane archer. Not a dude who fires off one arrow, regardless of how big it has a potential of being if I hit.

Granted though.. Punch isn't very flashy.
True, it depends on playstyle and strategy. High-Drain spells are typically more useful if you let someone else fire the arrows, since chances are you'll still have a -1 on your actions when it's runtime.

As for the counterspelling argument: I only saw the rule while reading the Enchanting rules, and thought it was a nice bonus. To me, though, the Street Grimoire rule Triskavanski quoted is a pretty clear sign that once the spell goes off, you can use Spell Defense as part of the resisting bit.