NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #885 on: <01-19-17/1613:24> »
Curious if we have any more info on the Book of the Lost anywhere?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #886 on: <01-19-17/1806:42> »
I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere.

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #887 on: <01-19-17/1817:37> »
The Bastard, upright. A man in clown makeup stands in a broken skyraker window over another man on the verge of a long plummet. Near the clown’s hand, a white rose. Opportunity, adventure, but also mania and frenzy. 404, upright. A woman crouches on the edge of a rooftop, holding a white rose. In the distance is the image of a woman in a red dress. Destruction, failure, collapse. Queen of coins. A woman in a red dress, lounging amidst luxury. She has material wealth but emptiness of soul. Upright, she is opulence, magnificent. Inverse is suspense, fear.

Opportunity and adventure abounds. Destruction and failure loom. Will the result be magnificence— or fear?

Book of the Lost takes the intricate art of the Sixth World Tarot and turns it into stories and campaigns for Shadowrun players. Full of plot hooks and adventure seeds, this book is a treasure trove of ideas, mysteries, and enigmas that can make memorable games. Open it and explore knowledge that had been lost but is now, here, rediscovered. And waiting for you.

Book of the Lost is for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, and can easily be used with Shadowrun: Anarchy with minor NPC adjustments.
The above is the only info I can find on it. Apparently there's also a book called Forbidden Arcana too but the only info I have is that it's more expensive than Book of the Lost. There's also some kind of card game called Zero Day, all I know is it's hacking based.

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #888 on: <01-19-17/1916:13> »
I knew there was tie in for tarot coming, hadn't heard name connected to it before.  Think Arcana book has been mentioned before.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #889 on: <01-19-17/2016:24> »
Pulled the following from some notes I got from Jason a while back...don't think I ever posted them  :-[

Forbidden Arcana, an advanced book of magic rules. It has new traditions rules, new ways of doing blood magic, some Mastery rules to provide advanced ways to specialize in magic, and more.

Zero Day in the works. It's a two-player hacker duel to see who can hit the most sensitive targets and collect the most valuable data. Should go to print around the end of the year.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #890 on: <01-19-17/2026:12> »
More magic stuff, while TM sits dead at the bottom of a dumpster.  Why the huge focus on giving magic so many options?  It already has way more than 4th with the High Arts, Alchemy, and new metamagics.  "Frustrating" doesn't describe how depressing it is and the levels and layers of negative implications.

Oh well...  I'm sure it'll be really cool and make people wanna play a magician even more.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #891 on: <01-19-17/2225:11> »
Curious if we'll see return of Cyberzombie with new magic info.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #892 on: <01-20-17/0745:48> »
Thanks for the info AJCarrington :)

Zero Day in the works. It's a two-player hacker duel to see who can hit the most sensitive targets and collect the most valuable data. Should go to print around the end of the year.

So if I understand correctly that's not a supplement for SR5 but a new spin-off game?

edit: just noticed KatoHearts' post that already answers my question :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

odd

• Omae
« Reply #893 on: <01-20-17/0811:45> »
I just want Sprawl Gangers :(

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #894 on: <01-20-17/0819:54> »

Yeah...agree 100%.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #895 on: <01-20-17/1047:58> »

Yeah...agree 100%.
+1, and Hostile Takeover

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #896 on: <01-20-17/1814:00> »
Description

Shadowrun: Sprawl Gangers is a competitive, skirmish-level miniatures game for 2 players, with everything needed to game right in the box. Players will take on the task of building gangs (Ancients, Halloweeners, First Nation, and so on) following specific point values of a scenario, and modifying the various miniatures based upon what new resources (weapons/gear/magic/tech) a player gained through previous games. Gangs won't simply fight for the sake of fighting, but will actively build their turfs and resources. Among other things, this will allow for the hiring of the exact right shadowrunner when they need that ace in the hole. All this adds up to the experience of watching your gang grow and expand through exciting play across a swath of games.

Shadowrun: Sprawl Gangers will be sculpted and manufactured in conjunction with CoolMiniOrNot.

Here's what I found on Sprawl Gangers, feels newish to me but I'm sure it's old info though

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #897 on: <01-20-17/2352:12> »
That was the original PR for the game. CMON stepped away from the project over a year ago and two other mixtures options have been tried tat I am aware of with both issues arising in each case that stopped the partnership. I never saw a design studio listed for Hostile Takeover.

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #898 on: <01-21-17/0310:08> »
Well I thought he mentioned CMON here but I was wrong.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Ork/Troll sourcebook.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #899 on: <01-21-17/0850:56> »
I've not heard of CMON being in the mix, but they might be an interesting partner. They definite have a solid track record with producing miniature games an promotion via KS. I hope they focus on the quality of the miniatures...I'd love multi-part HIPS as that would provide modeling/building options for years to come. Given the recent success of Kingdom Death, there is a solid market for this kind of media (though I'm well aware it is not for everyone).

+1 for a troll/ork sourcebook...wouldn't mind something for dwarves and elves either ;)