NEWS

Day Jobs and making nuyen the "honest" way

• 92 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #90 on: <04-24-13/0606:14> »
emsquared: That post could very well be solely aimed at the person debating you should basically just give them more for the same amount of work if they want more expensive toys or lifestyles.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #91 on: <04-24-13/0741:19> »

I never said that day jobs or boosting cars should pay more than running the Shadows.

I also never said that you should not pay enough for players to advance, or that they shouldn't make more money as they make a name for themselves.

Your typical Runner should make enough to make forward progress but still be needy enough to have to make some hard choices, and continue to run in the Shadows.

You have to strike a balance. That balance should leave them wanting more than they have, in general.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophst

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #92 on: <04-24-13/1743:15> »
emsquared: That post could very well be solely aimed at the person debating you should basically just give them more for the same amount of work if they want more expensive toys or lifestyles.
I know it's possible, but that's what quotes are for. It seemed like a general response and endorsement. Just wanted to provide counter-point for anyone forming their own opinions on the matter.

I never said that day jobs or boosting cars should pay more than running the Shadows.

I also never said that you should not pay enough for players to advance, or that they shouldn't make more money as they make a name for themselves.
Was just posting counter-points to your unilateral statement, and seeming endorsement of conclusions above.