• 9 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <06-05-15/2354:07> »
Can you combine the two items, or not?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-06-15/0035:45> »
If you wanted to add a face plate to a basic helmet, I wouldn't add any armour, but would give 2 extra capacity and +1 to social limit for intimidation, at a cost of 50¥.

More seriously, they likely aren't combinable. A ballistic mask isn't just a hockey mask made of sturdier materials. Army of Two is a good source, both for coverage and customisation ideas.
« Last Edit: <06-06-15/0104:37> by Novocrane »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-06-15/0145:42> »
Counter-view point:

There is nothing in the text indicating that they are not combinable. Also, military helmets are designed to be worn with gas masks, so a ballistic mask (which can be combined with a gas mask) worn with a helmet is no stretch of the imagination.

You just need enough strength, so you are not encumbered. It's one of the few uses, that prevents strength from becoming a total dumpstat...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-06-15/0219:40> »
You may be right. I just can't get past the question it poses.

If a ballistic mask is only a face plate and can be worn at the same time as a helmet; why does it have 8 capacity and the same armour bonus as a helmet by itself?

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-06-15/0401:45> »
what I want to know is could you take a dry suit and add a ballstic mask to it and complete the seal

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-06-15/0617:32> »
Not according to the rules. A full seal can only be achieved with a full body armor or with the bio hazard suit.
talk think matrix

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-06-15/0959:34> »
except Features: Drysuits feature a Chemical Seal (with the hood up and face mask attached), Custom
Protection (Insulation 4)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-06-15/1114:21> »
Oh, indeed.
Well in that case: Still no. It clearly says you need the Face Mask that is written up directly above the drysuit.

That said: As GM I certainly would allow you to customize a balistic masc instead. It's not like it would break anything.
Full body armor + helmet is cheaper ;D
talk think matrix

adzling

« Reply #8 on: <06-06-15/1138:51> »
we allow ballistic mask with helmet.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #9 on: <06-06-15/1155:09> »
You may be right. I just can't get past the question it poses.

If a ballistic mask is only a face plate and can be worn at the same time as a helmet; why does it have 8 capacity and the same armour bonus as a helmet by itself?

It comes down to whether a ballistic mask is like this:

or this:

My belief is the latter, as it explains the high capacity.  As such, it wouldn't allow the helmet to have things like trodes as there wouldn't be the scalp contact required.  Neither style is bulky enough to prevent wearing a helmet, though.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82