NEWS

vehicle conversion between editions

• 13 Replies

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« on: <09-11-11/1325:21> »

Kind of disappointed at the lack of selection in ground vehicles. Are there any guidelines for converting old editions to SR4? Looks like bodies are way higher now, and prices are lower - except for cycles, which are more expensive.

So the Nightsky used to have body 5 and cost 250k; now has body 12 and cost 120k.

Maybe the Runner Blackbook will have some autos in it?

-g

wdg

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <09-11-11/1613:34> »
Runner's Black Book has the PDF-Only items in DTF, with a few new firearms, from my understanding.

I'm working on the budget for it now, despite my being upset over this state of affairs.

Hopefully we'll get a Vehicle PDF-Only/Rigger's Book soonish.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-11-11/1825:43> »
Arsenal has a bunch of autos in it. They appear to cover most every category you'll run into (assuming you take into account the "similar models" that use the same stats as the listed vehicles but from different manufacturers). I don't see them putting out more vehicles except as part of niches (like War! for mil spec vehicles, for example).

What are you looking for that you haven't found, out of curiosity?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <09-11-11/1827:26> »
I got my MPUV, I'm happy.  ;D

Oooooooooooooo, maybe I should switch out the Rover for an MPUV on my new character?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-12-11/0742:25> »
Arsenal also uses the concept of "similar models" I mean, do we really need 5 different mid-range sedans, all with roughly the same characteristics? Or can we just have a couple models to reflect the general types. Personally, I have a group of NPCs who specifically drive Peugeot 112s, because they're Euro-snobs who would never willingly be seen in "crude american blobs".
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #5 on: <09-12-11/1005:36> »
Arsenal also uses the concept of "similar models" I mean, do we really need 5 different mid-range sedans, all with roughly the same characteristics? Or can we just have a couple models to reflect the general types. Personally, I have a group of NPCs who specifically drive Peugeot 112s, because they're Euro-snobs who would never willingly be seen in "crude american blobs".

That's hilarious.

I ran a "Spypunk" game (homebrew Top Secret/James Bond style game based off the CP2020 ruleset...very gritty!) a few years back, and had a group of bad guys that all drove souped up SAABs. Man, did the PCs hate those guys.  :P

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-12-11/1108:46> »
Arsenal also uses the concept of "similar models" I mean, do we really need 5 different mid-range sedans, all with roughly the same characteristics?

Yes.  Especially if they come with reference pictures.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <09-12-11/1620:29> »
Arsenal also uses the concept of "similar models" I mean, do we really need 5 different mid-range sedans, all with roughly the same characteristics? Or can we just have a couple models to reflect the general types.

For the same reason we need 20 SMGs, instead of 3 with a cluster of similar models.

Obviously the gun geeks outnumber the gear geeks.

Older editions did vehicles better but there's no conversion guidelines.

What would be truly fantastic is the design rules from Rigger 3 ported over.

-g

« Last Edit: <09-12-11/1713:46> by welldressedgent »
wdg

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <09-12-11/1819:40> »
What about Gun Geeks that are also Gear Geeks?  And Car Geeks?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #9 on: <09-12-11/1832:41> »
asked about it a couple months ago, got absolutely no response.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-12-11/2315:21> »
Okay, I should be honest. I loved looking through the vehicles in the old rigger books, and I too miss the vehicle design rules. But we also don't have firearm design rules, either. Hell, vehicle design rules would help me take my landmate powered armor to the next logical step in a campaign.
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #11 on: <09-13-11/0240:50> »
What would be truly fantastic is the design rules from Rigger 3 ported over.

Oooooh, yeah! I'd love to see that.

And a reworking of Tzeentch's CC Redux...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #12 on: <09-13-11/1051:56> »
Keep an eye on the pdf line.  There've been enough other gear books, the odds are good there might be one with some new cars coming down the line eventually.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #13 on: <09-14-11/1903:35> »
Wasn't there a "30 Rides" on the schedule at one point?

Or did that morph into something else?

-k