Smugglers ride

• 11 Replies

Ryder

• Newb
« on: <08-19-11/0451:04> »

Psyc01

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-20-11/2149:52> »
I once designed a drone blimp for a rigger when all i had was a 4th ed rule book and arsenal.
I started with the City bus in arsenal
added the lighter then air mod
and looked for the perfect balance of extra fuel and top of the line drone racks
top it off with some auto-softs
the extra fuel meant it only had to land once a month to refuel
and with Chameleon paint and it doubles as advertising space, so it generated its own income
a starting character could have it for the low low price of around 65,000 nuYen
Four out of three Americans do not understand fractions.

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-30-11/1330:16> »
I once designed a drone blimp for a rigger when all i had was a 4th ed rule book and arsenal.
I started with the City bus in arsenal
added the lighter then air mod
and looked for the perfect balance of extra fuel and top of the line drone racks
top it off with some auto-softs
the extra fuel meant it only had to land once a month to refuel
and with Chameleon paint and it doubles as advertising space, so it generated its own income
a starting character could have it for the low low price of around 65,000 nuYen

Stealing for my own benefit.   :P  Thanks!
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <08-30-11/1626:27> »
I'll have to see if I can dig out the "Blimp Bus" design a friend of mine had to ferry people around the Barrens to the factories without having to hit the deep, dark streets.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <08-30-11/1751:32> »
I'm curious as to how they went from street level to the blimp...as getting down to the street would likely put the entire rig at risk.
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <08-30-11/1913:24> »
Rooftop-to-Secured Facility transportation.

Shooting at the Blimp Bus while it's on it's decent to the facility usually attracts attention of the really heavily armed guards and drones.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-30-11/2109:09> »
I'm curious as to how they went from street level to the blimp...as getting down to the street would likely put the entire rig at risk.

Well, in addition to the more mundane and secure methods there's always a rather wild option. 
Put a rigger cocoon on a Dalmation. Put a large drone landing pad on the bus. Might want to make sure the pilot on your Dalmation has some extras for rough weather landing.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #7 on: <08-31-11/1044:16> »
Im afraid that combining of drone and Rigger Cocoon mod is RAW impossible...

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-31-11/1353:49> »
Im afraid that combining of drone and Rigger Cocoon mod is RAW impossible...
I assume you're using this from SR4A 244 as the basis of that statement.
Drones (and only drones) are incapable of carrying passengers and are instead fitted with an integral rigger adaptation (p. 348).
The problem is that it is contradicted by the very next sentence (my emphasis):
Passenger vehicles or larger passenger drones do not, but can have the equipment
installed, as can other devices.
Supplementing this second sentence is the statement in the modification rules for vehicles and drones AR 131:
In the SR4 rules, drones are a subgroup of vehicles, so every time the term “vehicle” is used, this includes drones.
I will point out that having a rigger adaptation does not preclude passengers as you may add it to any vehicle.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #9 on: <08-31-11/1539:41> »
Passenger vehicles or larger passenger drones do not, but can have the equipment

I believe Horsemen is meaned by this...and mybe some wheeled chairs...

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-31-11/1554:31> »

I believe Horsemen is meaned by this...and mybe some wheeled chairs...
Possibly. But when a definitive statement is made, it is destroyed when exceptions are noted, especially when the exceptions are undefined.

My interpretation is that drones are not by default passenger vehicles. However, modifications can be made that make them passenger capable, bearing in mind reasonable restrictions, just as vehicles can be made into drones.

If a player in my game tried to put a rigger cocoon on a flyspy I'd laugh at him and tell him no, despite the "fact" that the flyspy has plenty of slots. And in cases such as the dalmation, my judgement is that it makes an overloaded drone as per the armor rules (20% deduction to acceleration and speed). But drones can be modified, and one modification might be the ability to carry a passenger.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <09-14-11/2203:18> »
At least you lost your motorcycle to legitimate reasons.

One character in my group ordered his Suzuki bike to "Drive Home", and it drove off.  I asked the Player if he had set his address as "Home" to the motorcycle system.

"Hell no, if anyone ever got a hold of my bike they'd use it to...  Aw hell, I order it to stop."

"Oh, it's long out of range, and you had it slaved to direct communication from your Commlink only, no Matrix, remember?"

"...  Damn.  Fair cop, I will admit.  Wait, where is home for it, anyhow?"

"The Factory, I guess."

"So it's going to drive to...  Japan?"

He still asks how the bike is doing driving underwater.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11