NEWS

Datajacks in 4e

• 81 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #75 on: <09-16-11/1022:29> »
Also makes it harder for your crew to jack you out if you're hitting Black IC...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #76 on: <09-16-11/1757:58> »
Also makes it harder for your crew to jack you out if you're hitting Black IC...
...if that happens you have bigger problems than dumpshock.
:P
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <09-16-11/2006:50> »
So with DNI links on all cyberware, does that means I have direct neural interface with my built in cyberarm commlink?

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <09-16-11/2014:37> »
So with DNI links on all cyberware, does that means I have direct neural interface with my built in cyberarm commlink?
Unless otherwise stated, cyberware that is capable of being activated or deactivated can be done so with a mental impulse. -- AUG 32

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #79 on: <09-16-11/2106:43> »
Sure but now that it is in my arm, can I send text messages essentially telepathically?  Can I launch programs that way as well? Curios if there is any need for AR gloves or trodes or anything with a internal commlink. The exact limits of DNI seems murky to me

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <09-16-11/2125:59> »
Sure but now that it is in my arm, can I send text messages essentially telepathically?  Can I launch programs that way as well? Curios if there is any need for AR gloves or trodes or anything with a internal commlink. The exact limits of DNI seems murky to me
Starting point: SR4A 338:
In addition to wireless functionality, most cyberware devices are equipped with a direct neural interface (DNI) that allows the user to mentally activate and control their functions. They can also be linked to other cyberware implants.

So:
Since you could send text messages essentially telepathically if it was implanted in your brain, the limb implant will let you do the same. yes, you can launch programs that way as well. Trodes are not needed; their purpose is to give the user a DNI link to their comm which are part and parcel of cybermods. If you used AR Gloves when you used trodes, then you'll still want them for your DNI. They aren't necessary but for some people they make interfacing easier (due to the tactile feedback they give).

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <09-16-11/2127:08> »
If I may rephrase what I said above, the easiest way to think of it is:

When trodes are implanted they become DNI.