NEWS

Illegal Implants

• 62 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #60 on: <09-05-11/2156:46> »
And we don't even have illegal implants yet!

I really worry about people who have life-giving "cybernetics" today, like my Father who has a Defribulator installed in him.  "Simple" microwave ovens used to cause things like that to die.  What do the untested scanners do, especially if your job requires you to go through them constantly?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <09-06-11/1517:46> »
Before 9/11, I flew a lot for roll-outs and such for my job. I also used to where this "chain" around my wrist that took me about 20 minutes to put on/take off. The one time I forgot to take it off before going to the airport, I was heading to the regular scanner and told the sec guy my problem. He told me to hold my wrist against my chest and wrap my other hand around the wrist. The scanner never went off.
Scan gates are a joke, which is why we stuck with the wands. Even the cheap crap we were using was far better, provided you used it correctly.
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

corax

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <09-14-11/0627:51> »
one of my workers husbands is basically cybernetic. he has 6 inches of titanium mesh spine, a metal shin, and a battery powered heart regulator. he would be alot of fun at airports.