NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #195 on: <02-19-15/1309:03> »
Aye. End of pass. If he hasn't acted by Initiative 1, I'll jump in with the other plan.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #196 on: <02-19-15/1316:43> »
I'm not sure I followed all of the IC proceedings, which is probably fine since Achak isn't in a position to see what's going on.

It sounds like a stairwell guard is coming into range though, so I presume it's time to make an attack roll.

Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Spec 2 + Weapon Focus 3 - 1 Delayed Action: 15d6t5 3 hits

Achak's a little off his game tonight.

Reach is 1, so a potential negative modifier to the defense roll. Base DV is 9 (including Critical Strike). Achak is swinging with the flat part of the club, not with the spiky or sharp parts, in an effort to do Stun damage instead of Physical. This isn't well-represented in the rules, although there was a thread about the topic recently. I was thinking of negating the AP for sure; reducing the weapon's Accuracy to reflect being swung in a less-traditional manner is another option, although I rolled so poorly that it wouldn't have an effect here.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #197 on: <02-19-15/1405:20> »
Basically, stairwell guard's boss came, smacked him upside the head, and sent him up to deal with the intruder.  So, yes, you're able to get the drop on him as he rounds the corner and smack him a good one. 

I like Namikaze's suggestion in the thread you linked to.  So, we have a -1 penalty to the attack roll.  Does Achak keep his hits?

-1 penalty: 2d6t5 1

Down to 2 hits.  Thug 1 is at -1 for reach and -1 for commlink buzzing.  Achak connects and does 3S.  He's still standing, though his bell has been rung.

Action to Achak.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #198 on: <02-19-15/1440:56> »
Did you mean a -2 penalty? Because you rolled 2 dice (and Namikaze suggested a -2 penalty), not one.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <02-19-15/1443:35> »
Are there any other goons making their way up the stairs (that I can see) or is this guy the only active target?

Per Namikaze's suggestion, are we halving the DV as well or just imposing a -2 penalty? I'm trying to be gentle but maybe not that gentle. If we're dividing damage then I'll attack normally and trust in the man's armor to save him. And if it doesn't? Well, it's not like the yakuza accept failure anyway.

Another thought was to use a called shot for knockdown, to sweep his legs and maybe send him back down the stairs, but those rules seem more designed for Unarmed than Clubs.

Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Spec 2 + Weapon Focus 3: 16d6t5 4 hits

Still having a tough time, but perhaps the goon is at -1 for Stun and -1 for defending a second time.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #200 on: <02-19-15/1555:50> »
yes, I did mean a -2 penalty.  Rolled the right number, but put the wrong description down.

I am following Namikaze's suggestion both with the -2 penalty, and the halving of damage. 

I would accept Called Shots Knockdown with a melee weapon like the Gun Club.

It's obvious to Achak that he outclasses this guy in all regards.  He's young, green, and not a particularly adept fighter -- in the traditional sense, not the awakened kind.  He's definitely not that.  Achak connects, and he goes down.  I'll let you post IC.

The other thugs look as though they will be heading up the stairs, but they're not quite there yet.  Achak is not aware of them IC.

CT 2 IP 2
Achak 14
Stake 9 (Hold)
Gadreel 6
Sister Rebecca 5
? 4
? 3

Action is to Sister Rebecca
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #201 on: <02-19-15/1609:40> »
Move: turn around to face the stairs
Simple: Ready Grenade Launcher This will put the launcher in her left hand and the blade in her right.
Simple: Aim Grenade Launcher
Free: Shout at guards, if they come into my line of sight before the next turn. If not, I'll use the action to send a message to the team.

If A- "You stand in defense of demons! Lucifer, the father of lies has claimed this place for his minions. Leave here now and you may still escape their fate!"
She doesn't have the intimidate skill, but she DOES have a grenade launcher pointed at them. They don't know it's loaded with pepper nades.

If B- <<@Team [Sister Rebecca] Hostiles moving on my position. Engage?>>

Oh, also, can we assume Becca is streaming her biomonitor info to the rest of the team? I meant to mention it before we got outta the van.

Also, a pepper nade obviously doesn't make as much noise as an actual exposive, but I betcha it's still kinda loud. Compared to the music in this place, how loud would it actually be?
Becca has no way of knowing this, so feel free to not answer.

EDIT: OH WAIT! Is it too late to change my action?

I just thought of something way more effective!
« Last Edit: <02-19-15/1615:34> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #202 on: <02-19-15/1628:16> »
@Poindexter, feel free to adjust.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <02-19-15/1720:58> »
It might be a little loud in the club to be heard by the guards downstairs.

I'll post Achak's bludgeoning later this afternoon.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #204 on: <02-19-15/1722:58> »
Ok, in that case, it will be,

Move: turn around
Complex action: Cast force 4 Physical Barrier on the stairway headed down, to block passage of the guards or really anyone trying to come up after us.
Free: message team <<@Team [Sister Rebecca] Hostiles ascending stairs are detained. No contact with objective yet. Orders?>>

Force 4 Physical Barrier (Magic 6 Spellcasting 2): 8d6t5 1

Resist 3 drain (Will 7 Cha 4): 11d6t5 3

So, not much of a wall, but enough to slow em down a bit. And no drain, so yay.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #205 on: <02-23-15/1639:50> »
Just checking in; are we waiting on me? Or is everyone just a little busy at the moment? It's no problem if you guys are, just wanted to make sure I wasn't holding anything up.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #206 on: <02-23-15/1709:15> »
We're waiting on me.  I'll try to get a post up later this evening or early tomorrow.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #207 on: <02-23-15/1710:34> »
No rush, I just wanted to make sure everything was going all right. I've been guilty of being busy myself, so no worries.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <02-24-15/0148:17> »
Following up on the Tabula Rasa announcement, I just wanted to say that I do intend to continue the games where I am a PC. It's just GMing that's going to get cut back.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #209 on: <02-24-15/1215:25> »
Following up on the Tabula Rasa announcement, I just wanted to say that I do intend to continue the games where I am a PC. It's just GMing that's going to get cut back.

Glad to hear it.  And congratulations, btw.  Having kids is awesome.  I'm assuming this little monster will be your first?  Watch out for the luck of youth.  I used to have a dnd 4e game that I ran, and everyone would have my son roll for them when it really counted.  I've never seen that kid roll less than 15 on a d20.  Absolute craziness.

Ok, so Achak gets one more pass.  The Barrier has fallen, and you've got a team of 3 coming up the stairs.  No movement from the guy behind the gun check counter.

CT 2 IP 3
Achak 4

Roll Initiative.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal