NEWS

Odd things that make you think of Shadowrun...

• 549 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #15 on: <08-05-11/1927:24> »
God I love the future (as long as the Pols don't sell us all out to the corps before we're able to enjoy it).
Meh. I'm less worried about Politicians than actual declaration of war/invasion. But that's a political discussion that doesn't belong on the SR forums

/dodges modslap!
We are watching.

;D
Isn't big brother always watching?
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <08-05-11/1931:56> »
God I love the future (as long as the Pols don't sell us all out to the corps before we're able to enjoy it).
Meh. I'm less worried about Politicians than actual declaration of war/invasion. But that's a political discussion that doesn't belong on the SR forums

/dodges modslap!
We are watching.

;D
Isn't big brother always watching?
Welcome to Horizon. Please send your TPS reports to your supervisor as soon as possible.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <08-05-11/1957:13> »
I KNEW Horizon was up to something sinister!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-07-11/0210:44> »
Omg.  I had completely forgotten about the no Xavier alternate universe Storm (Season 4 Episode 1).  Maybe a little more RIFTS than Shadowrun, but good ghost do they need another movie... and ditch Halle for Nicki Minaj.  Much more of a Storm face.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #19 on: <08-07-11/0233:36> »
Mmmm... Nicki Minaj... But, anyway... Odd things that make me think of Shadowrun is pretty much any song that's been synthed to within an inch of it's life... And the autotuned voices out there. Like T-Pain, and Autotune the News. Of course, I "grew up" playing the Sega version of Shadowrun.

As far as x-men transferring over to Shadowrun... I'd like to see Deadpool in Shadowrun. Just cause, it's Deadpool....
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <08-07-11/1123:25> »
Of course, you realize he'd know you're playing him as a PC and be extremely bitter about it, eh?

And, honestly, do we need another "Merc With A Mouth" in Shadowrun?

Yes.  Yes we do.  It's like Dakka, never enough.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #21 on: <08-07-11/2038:17> »
PC?! Dear gods no... I wouldn't let a player run Deadpool. That's Prime Runner material right there. My players would spout off to dragons if they knew they could eventually regenerate most forms of damage.

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #22 on: <08-07-11/2046:53> »
PC?! Dear gods no... I wouldn't let a player run Deadpool. That's Prime Runner material right there. My players would spout off to dragons if they knew they could eventually regenerate most forms of damage.
SR4 regeneration doesnt' work on Magical attacks (Magical creatures, Spells, Killing hands etc)

Dragons are dual-natured creatures with Natural weapons (which count as magical attacks) and you still die from magical overflow if you're too far gone to regenerate to 'Alive but in a coma' in your first turn

ie, if you have 4 body (a 10-box Physical damage track), already have 8P damage, and take another 8P you're at 16 damage (which is +6 Physical Overflow). Note: Base dragon damage per claw-swipe is about 8P  :o )
With 4 body, you can still be alive at 14 damage (+4 overflow).
If your Regeneration test (Magic plus body) only gets 1 success (taking you from 16 damage to 15), then unfortunately you are dead, and stop regenerating.

So the regeneration power in SR4 isn't as good as being a Highlander or Deadpool, and as thus you should not be spouting off to dragons :P
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <08-08-11/0106:04> »
Spouting off to a dragon without the blessing of being able to die... eventually... sounds like a _very_ bad idea.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-08-11/0118:08> »
Spouting off to a dragon without the blessing of being able to die... eventually... sounds like a _very_ bad idea.
Meh. Even with SR4 regeneration, you'd be blissfully dead in seconds unless the dragon deliberately decided to keep you alive.

Which could happen...unpleasantly.

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #25 on: <08-08-11/0122:01> »
There are always many, many fates worse than death...

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <08-08-11/0124:07> »
... like marriage.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-08-11/0126:53> »
... like marriage.
I love the marriage bit.

The in-laws though.... O.M.G.

Phreak Commandment V:

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #28 on: <08-08-11/0132:37> »
Marriage.... Reminds me of a story....

Once upon a time, a charming prince found a beautiful princess. They courted each other for days and weeks, until finally, he got down on his knee, and professed his undying love to her, if she would give him her hand in marriage. She shook her head sadly, and said no.

He lived happily ever after.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <08-08-11/2246:42> »
Ever been to a job interview at a big corp and feel like you're infiltrating the place? I caught myself listening in to the corpspeak and mimicking it, so much so that the interviewer said that I fit right in. That was years ago though, and I took a job elsewhere.

My Technomantic attempts however were a failure. Still... I see much of Shadowrun in the real world, as of course is intended.

New interview lined up, and I feel like doing some legwork. Like visiting the place downtown, try to match the attire and so on. I'm bored, okay.