NEWS

Updated Core Rulebook uploaded to DriveThru 1-20-2019

• 132 Replies

Shadowhack

• Newb
  • We live in a dystopian society right now.
« on: <01-17-20/1800:42> »
I just saw this a few minutes ago. It also looks like they added a bit of fiction along with the update. I wonder how significant the editing changes are going to be.

The fixed book is in the zip file. The fillable pdf character sheet they have uploaded is not correct. They forgot to hit multi-line when creating the sheet. I fixed it but it won't let me upload it here.
« Last Edit: <01-17-20/1848:40> by Shadowhack »

0B

« Reply #1 on: <01-17-20/1949:22> »
I'm starting to compile changes here. Following the "if you bring an umbrella, it won't rain" dilemma I have, presumably this means a change list will be published once I'm about 50-75% done.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-17-20/2224:37> »
Bone Lacing went from a modifier to a static damage value, but Bone Density didn't. 
Also Bone Lacing went from +1/+1/+2, to 3/4/4.  So Aluminum got a buff.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <01-17-20/2345:00> »
It'll be good when the errata pdf actually drops with those changes.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-17-20/2352:43> »
I did a file comparison and it said 0 changes to the file. maybe it was just an update tot he zip file that went with it?

Or I am an idiot and I compared the wrong file. Inside the zip folder is another core book and this one is updated.

For those that use drivethru you need what is in the zip file and not the book that is listed outside of the zipfile.
« Last Edit: <01-18-20/0016:35> by Redwulfe »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

0B

« Reply #5 on: <01-18-20/0016:43> »
/u/Orffen on the subreddit used a PDF Diff software to parse through the thing and find the changes.

No worries Redwulfe- I have made the mistake of doing hash comparisons for the names of files instead of the files themselves in the past.

Dunedon

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-18-20/0041:15> »
So the resonance wording related to essence still confuses me ... I though before (previous versions) you’re resonance = int(essence) ... so 5.1 essence gave you 5 resonance ... this states that at 5.1 essence you still have 6 resonance.

Is this the way it always worked and I’m just remembering incorrectly or is this something new?

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #7 on: <01-18-20/0306:03> »
Damage code for unarmed melee is now a fixed 2S, not the (STR/2) that was previously inferred from the grapple rules.

Which is at least mechanically consistent with armed melee, but means Strength is less important than ever.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-18-20/0316:52> »
Well. Analytical Mind hasn't changed so is still thoroughly broken. Wow.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-18-20/0456:37> »
So... SA firing mode is described on page 109 as firing 2 shots (specificically by pulling the trigger twice)
Many weapons have a SA firing mode but not an SS firing mode.
Can I fire a single shot (using the SS rules) from a SA weapon?
It has been noted and passed on to the Errata team to make sure there is clarification on this.
This does not appear to have been addressed in the updated PDF. There are no changes to the text on page 109.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <01-18-20/0500:13> »
I cannot discuss Anticipation in any detail other than the RAW-parsing Xenon and I performed before, due to an errata discussion on it that is covered by NDA.
Anticipation is under rule clarification debate and unfortunately the exact details are under NDA. I hope clarifications will be released soon.  :-X :-\
I don't believe Anticipation has been clarified or changed in the new PDF. Page 47 has not changed. It's still only implicit that Anticipation cannot be used with a gun in FA mode, based on the close reading that FA mode doesn't require the Multiple Attack action.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-18-20/0503:06> »
what exactly is the DV for unarmed damage is very much being hammered out once and for all.
The DV for unarmed damage is now a fixed 2S. The text under the Grapple section continues to say "If the attack is successful, the attacker does their unarmed combat damage (Strength/2, rounded up) plus net hits" which conflicts with that.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-18-20/0504:01> »
Something else: We're currently debating page 39's augmented increase to skills. I believe it does not apply to dicepool modifiers but only to explicit skill rank modifiers (aka Reflex Recorder and Improved Ability), but opinions differ.
The updated PDF makes no changes to page 39.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-18-20/0506:08> »
There might be other means in the future but note the rules state you are capped to 5 Minors at the start of your turn, which I suspect should be 6.

Can this be pointed to Errata team for confirmation?

it's already on the list
This has not changed, the limit of 5 minor actions remains (page 109 in the updated PDF.)

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-18-20/0509:30> »
I see index. That was written, "shotguns .See Shotguns skill and, 109".
But shotgun rule doesn't exist there.
That index is error?
Yes, it's on the list to fix in errata. Right now, Shotguns are simply guns that can also handle Flechette ammo.
This has not changed. There are no bespoke rules for shotguns in the updated PDF. The erroneous reference to page 109 (grouped under "Weapons") remains in the index.