NEWS

Another pistol thread...

• 41 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #30 on: <03-02-12/1416:55> »
Once again, no mention of the Slivergun... it's the only silenced weapon you can legally carry!
Large clip, burst fire. Don't let the AP fool you either: it allows it to be used as a non-lethal weapon ;)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #31 on: <03-02-12/1431:09> »
Once again, no mention of the Slivergun... it's the only silenced weapon you can legally carry!
Large clip, burst fire. Don't let the AP fool you either: it allows it to be used as a non-lethal weapon ;)

And Armor-Piercing Flichette ammo takes care of the AP problem, too, if you don't mind losing a bit of range.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <03-02-12/1433:59> »
I feel that it needs to be stated that everyone involved so far is way too focused on the traditional "slug throwing" firearms. There hasn't even been a single mention of weapons which employ an alternative form of projectile.

Such as the Ares Redline Laser Pistol.
it does 5p damage, (standard heavy pistol damage) "AP -half" resisted with impact. fires in Semi-automatic and costs 7500 nuyen. all that unmodified!
plus you also find a skill to learn, yay karma!
Pg 41 of arsenal for full stats.

For all those that are already saying the GM won't allow it, I believe he did say any gun.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-02-12/1531:13> »
Guns are on battleships.  The Redline is a handheld electronic device.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-03-12/1413:10> »
I feel that it needs to be stated that everyone involved so far is way too focused on the traditional "slug throwing" firearms. There hasn't even been a single mention of weapons which employ an alternative form of projectile.

it does 5p damage, (standard heavy pistol damage) "AP -half" resisted with impact. fires in Semi-automatic and costs 7500 nuyen. all that unmodified!
Becouse it requiers it's very own skill to use, so not much use for a pistolier who would have to default.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-03-12/1429:02> »

Becouse it requiers it's very own skill to use, so not much use for a pistolier who would have to default.

And it requires taking Restricted Gear twice to acquire. Once for the weapon and once for the ammunition.  Though if I remember right, you only need to buy one skill for any of the personal laser weapons (the really big ones being gunnery based).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <03-03-12/1554:15> »
the restricted gear quality would be a problem in character creation true. However this appears to be in the middle of a campaign. Since there is nothing that could prevent a character from laying his hands on a the controls of a thor cannon should such a device appear in front of them (outside of the GM), I don't really think worrying about qualities is really an issue here.

also yes, I do admit that the pistolier is not likely to have the skill "Laser weapons." personally I'd take the time to learn the skill after the run. especially since the battery packs are rechargeable (thus finding ammo is not quite the problem many people think it is).

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-03-12/1717:27> »
also yes, I do admit that the pistolier is not likely to have the skill "Laser weapons." personally I'd take the time to learn the skill after the run. especially since the battery packs are rechargeable (thus finding ammo is not quite the problem many people think it is).
I really really wouldn't, there are tons of much more useful skills.
And really last think i want to use is a gun that does less damage if the bad guy is more then 10m away from me and even less if someone pops down a smoke grenade :o
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <03-06-12/1641:57> »
Hmmm, what about a sawed-off Panther assault canon? Would that classify as a pistol?

Rasmus  8)

Maybe if you're a troll...

Is it just me or does shadowrun bring a whole new world of "trolling"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <03-06-12/1702:16> »
Hmmm, what about a sawed-off Panther assault canon? Would that classify as a pistol?

Rasmus  8)
Maybe if you're a troll...
Is it just me or does shadowrun bring a whole new world of "trolling"
Careful, people get beaten for that kind of racist talk.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #40 on: <03-06-12/2342:32> »

And it requires taking Restricted Gear twice to acquire. Once for the weapon and once for the ammunition.  Though if I remember right, you only need to buy one skill for any of the personal laser weapons (the really big ones being gunnery based).

Heck, throw 'em on an Arachne drone or Smart Firing Platform. Gunnery for everything!

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #41 on: <03-07-12/1222:32> »
Pintle mount on a Technical.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11