NEWS

[SDS IC] Sorting Spaghetti

• 205 Replies

Hardy

• Newb
  • Life in the fast lane...
« Reply #15 on: <11-12-15/2210:52> »
Xipe’s avatar in the virtual world blinked as he sat back and tried to take note of everything the Johnson said. “Being one down could be an issue, especially against the top 10” he mused. As the others in the group started to talk price he started doing logistics in his head.

“Top 10 means A level security and possibly elite level corp sec guards.” This thought made Xipe’s avatar frown as well as his meat body back in the real world. Listening to the arguments for more pay made by his new cohorts he found himself nodding along.

Thinking more about what the Johnson had said he raises his hand, the image flickering from some sort of feedback. When the conversation paused he interjected, “Senorita Rampling, where is this facility and which of the 10 are we talking about. This would seem to be important to our determination of price. Also what is the rough size of the prototype you wish retrieved and what Intel do you have for us about the location and the target?”

Xipe’s avatar adjusted itself in the chair in an uncomfortable looking motion before he continued. “These details or lack thereof could vastly effect the success of this little joy ride.”

Xipes avatar shorts out of a moment and a trid show appears where his head goes. An older woman’s face drops in and says “Of course Archie, Ill get you another beer.” And then the face is gone and the usual every man face of the avatar returns, Xipe obviously oblivious to what just happened.

"Speech" Thought Matrix Astral

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #16 on: <11-13-15/1034:34> »
<Of course, I understand that those answers will be key to your success.  You are the one that Silk recommended, I believe?  Somewhat new to the game.  So I compliment you on your line of questioning but need to tell you that in the Shadows, you will often not receive these answers prior to accepting the job.  These are answers that, should you decline, give you leverage over your Johnson.  You might decline but in actuality act on the information or sell that information to another.  Suffice to say that the nuyen and the talent match the task.>
That's just like... your opinion, man.

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #17 on: <11-13-15/1335:34> »
<Of course. You are the Johnson, if you believe the missing individual won't be a detriment to our ability to complete the task, than I accept. If you think of a way we could earn a bonus from you while on the job though, we'd be very interested.>

MathBlade

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-14-15/0234:29> »
Tasda looked over the others and instead of replying at first ordered a soy coke from the cafe. If she was going to make a stupid decision and open her mouth, she was going to do it hydrated. Coming back to the Johnson, they were still discussing money.

What are they hoping to gain by doing this?

Never really grown up around people much Tasda held in a sigh of frustration that she could not just be on the run already. In her young mind this wasn't a part of the run. So she just kept from bouncing off the walls by focusing on sipping her soy coke. Remembering she had to actually tell the Johnson she accepted a couple of gurgling sounds came from her straw. Thank you *garbled* Tasda coughs as she is given a bitter reminder of the soda she is drinking.

Thanks Ms. Johnson! I accept! She then beams with joy, like only a noob can.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-14-15/1451:23> »
<Excellent.  The location is the historic Cavilard Research Center in Bellevue.  It is a NeoNET facility for side projects and the like.  A place where researchers can wind down.  One of the researchers, a fellow by the name of Gerald Watkins, has been there, working on a.. well... a decoder ring.  That's what I want you to get for me.  It should not be overly difficult, but preferable that you manage this without making your presence known or what it is specifically you are taking from the facility.  If you can manage that, I'll throw another 1,000¥ on the back end as well as pay you for any payday or other prototypes you bring me.  any questions?>[/orange]

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <11-14-15/1614:07> »
Ice looked around the host. Trying to gauge the reactions of the runners to see what they felt about the run, a white eyebrow arching slightly at Tasda's antics How does someone choke on something in VR? I didn't even know that was possible... As the Johnson gave the details she found herself nodding. Not sure how much help I can be with the prototype, but obscuring the paydata... I might be able to help with that, Chip could hide some of the files and make it less obvious what's been stolen.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #21 on: <11-14-15/1728:22> »
<The only question I have is, would you be interested in the man himself? Willingly of course.>

Hardy

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-14-15/2331:55> »
Xipe's avatar in the virtual world nods his acceptance of the terms, " I accept as well." he says simply. His avatar shifts again, seeming to elongate at the neck in a comedic fashion before returning to its original shorting out appearance.

Xipe's mind was already starting to race with the implications of the job. They would definitely need someone on the ground to enter and take physical possession of the item. He started looking around the room, trying to determine from the avatars who might be best suited for that crucial part of the plan. 

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-15-15/1235:40> »
<Hrm... an interesting notion.  sadly, I don't have anything I could do with him.  So, no.  Just the parameters as described.  When you are ready for turn in, contact this commcode.>[/orange]

With that, she fades from view, leaving the rest of you to... well, figure out where to meet in person.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-15-15/1722:02> »
<Well, it would seem we have employment, can I suggest we meet in the flesh to discuss this further?>
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Hardy

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <11-15-15/2234:58> »
Xipe shifts in his virtual seat and nods his head towards Requiem. "Did you have a preference for location?" Watching Requiem's avatar for a moment he then turns to regard the other icons as he awaits an answer.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-16-15/0432:18> »
<It's a nice day, how about one of the public parks on Lake Washington? The wind off the lake will serve as natural white noise>

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-16-15/0557:44> »
As various locations around Seattle are mentioned Ice feels her heart sink as her mind spins trying to think of how to get around the city with no vehicle or SIN.

"Would now be a bad time to mention I'm a barrens rat with no transportation? That said, I know a place near where I live with a Faraday cage setup to hire for private conversations."
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #28 on: <11-16-15/1245:03> »
<I would prefer if we met somewhere near the target where we can ensure privacy, maybe for a small fee, and a plate of food. I know a spot in Bellevue, the Sleep and Eat there. They're not too picky on SINs. I'll call ahead and secure our room.>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-16-15/1608:16> »
"Would now be a bad time to mention I'm a barrens rat with no transportation? That said, I know a place near where I live with a Faraday cage setup to hire for private conversations."
<If you are in Redmond I can provide you transportation.  Let me know where I can pick you up, or if you prefer, make your way to the Silk Dragon dojo and ask for Requiem, they all know me there>