NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <03-22-17/1421:00> »
@rednblack, for the sake of game balance, so that you don't one-third of the group's attacks to yourself (or even more if Jayde doesn't have a spirit up), I'm going to say that Wired Reflexes don't stack with the extra attacks from gun drone while you're jumped in. Per our earlier discussion, the rotodrone can still operate independently like a spirit, but doesn't benefit from the control rig or VR bonuses (but nor would they be affected by Shiriki's Phobia). Wired Reflexes are for Shiriki's physical body. On it's own, the roto-drone would have an attack dice pool of 11. (Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3, per p. 135.)

Most weapons will have suppressors. However, heavy weapons - like the drone's machine gun - are incompatible with suppressors. If you want, since we haven't fully resolved the attacks yet, you can change the drone's weapon to an assault rifle with a suppressor.

(Aside, what is the point of a drone machine gun? Per the book, it's worse damage and worse range. It looks like a copy-and-paste error where they used machine pistols as the base rather than a machine gun.)

Stick-and-shock will change the damage to 6S to align with tasers and tranq pistols. You still get the improved ranges of your base weapon though. Gel rounds are another possibility. I'll let those change the damage code from P to S with no damage reduction, although there are certain targets that will be unaffected. (You're not going to stop a bulldozer with gel rounds, I don't care how many hits you get.) Drones, especially smaller drones, can still be affected by stick-n-shock, despite the lack of a Stun damage monitor for drones. 

There is no soak roll. Again, put this in the category of "Anarchy is not Pink Mohawk." You get hit, you take damage. Things can go south very quickly.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #61 on: <03-22-17/1535:22> »
Even suppressed firearms are pretty loud.  It's one of those situations where Chante just isn't going to chance it if she doesn't have to.

in SR5, a perception roll only needs 1 hit to hear gunfire.  Silencer drops the dice pool by 4, but 30 guys with dice pools of 5 are still going to hear it.  Then the GM might decide there's additional negative modifiers, or positive modifiers (for burst fire, for example).  Good chance some folks have cybernetically enhanced hearing and sensors around the base are a potential factor.

But if all you got is bang bang, then bang bang it must be!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <03-22-17/1545:00> »
I don't have any practical experience firing suppressed weapons in a blizzard, but my GM instinct is that between

1) the weather (raging wind),
2) the distance to the radar installation,
3) the intervening woods, and
4) the sound-absorbing properties of snow...

that the odds of anyone at the installation hearing suppressed weapons is nil. As a player, I'd even be skeptical of non-suppressed weapons being audible, but I'll defer to those with more experience.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #63 on: <03-22-17/1639:18> »
Even suppressed firearms are pretty loud.  It's one of those situations where Chante just isn't going to chance it if she doesn't have to.

in SR5, a perception roll only needs 1 hit to hear gunfire.  Silencer drops the dice pool by 4, but 30 guys with dice pools of 5 are still going to hear it.  Then the GM might decide there's additional negative modifiers, or positive modifiers (for burst fire, for example).  Good chance some folks have cybernetically enhanced hearing and sensors around the base are a potential factor.

But if all you got is bang bang, then bang bang it must be!

Suppressed weapons tend to be loud, but it varies a lot depending on caliber and load.  Subsonic .22s can fire full auto with a suppressor, and the noisiest thing is the action.  A suppressed .308 firing 155 grain -- my preference on that particular rifle -- is still going to be plenty loud. 

That said, I'm of the opinion that SR writers are of the thematic pfft, pfft opinion on "silencers."  Your average INT 3 Perception 3 grunt is going to be left with a dice pool of 2, which is not realistic for the loud crack of an actual suppressed firearm, or the sound of the action, which is distinctive and plenty loud on its own.  At least they get it right that you can't suppress revolvers, weird soviet models notwithstanding.

@Tec, I've got some inconsistencies on my sheet.  Under "Weapons," I have a Machine Gun listed, but my drone has the correct information, with an Ares Alpha.  I used Assault Rifle rules for my rolls, and I'll clear that up.  I will opt for the SnS, and take the lower Damage Code for the trade-off of still being able to affect drones and vehicles.  That puts Bogie 1 at 19 boxes filled -- still down -- and Bogie 2 at a measly 7 boxes filled when I drop the 4th attack.  It will still be standing.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #64 on: <03-22-17/1742:34> »
Pink Mohawk?  pfft pfft

Black Trenchcoat?  PUHFFFFITTUH PUHFFFFITTUH!!! ROOOAR!!!!

I agree that the chance is probably nil for the guys at the base to hear us.  Sustained automatic fire might whisper across the wind a bit:

"Did you hear that?"

"No, what?"

"... ... hmm... nah, guess it was nothing."

And, as long as we're just chatting about the (so-called) realities of firing a silenced weapon there is the truth that suppressed fire is at a different pitch than non-suppressed.  There are all sorts of contributors to whether someone hears it and even if they do, recognize it as actual gunfire rather tan, "Was that... hmmm... nah, probably not."

All of that said, Chante doesn't want to bust out the rifle, just yet.

Also, what does she expect the others to cover her with?  :P
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <03-22-17/1759:01> »
I really want to lob a grenade into the pack but I really want to keep them UCAS boys ignorant of us...so, the trusty bow

Bow vs paracritter (I'll target a wounded one since at least 1 person goes before me. Otherwise, one at random) AGI 5 Projectile 6
Bow vs paracritter: 11d6t5 4

Indomitable (may re-roll exactly two dice with Bows)
Indomitable: 2d6t5 0

Boogie Defense Roll AGI 5 LOG 2
Bogie Defense Roll: 7d6h5 2

Damage= 6P + 2net hits= 8P

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <03-22-17/1826:47> »
@Pap (and everyone else) don't forget to reroll a success. There's probably a good case to be made for the wind being a negative modifier as well. I wasn't going to bother with assault rifles but I forgot that Ité would probably use a bow.

Even if you were to lose two hits, it would still be a successful attack, so we'll let it stand. Ité skewers a bogie.

PCs
Pap Renvela: bow & arrow shot
rednblack: shooting (pending, since Shiriki is technically tied on Initiative)
Jayde Moon: drawing tomahawks and charging
MDMann: TBD
GloriousRuse: TBD

Bogies
#1 - stuck with an arrow, 6P-8P
#2 - electrocution pending
#3 - 7S pending
#4 - TBD

Actions to MDMann and Glorious (pending an Initiative roll by Glorious).

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <03-22-17/1857:54> »
@MDMann, I'm not sure if you're working on an OOC post or not. A few things:

1) It sounds like you're shooting. If so, roll for it.

2) If not (i.e. if you intend to have the shots narratively miss), then if you spend a plot point you can close the distance (move twice) and attack with your knife this round. Stabby stab!

3) It's a blizzard, not a rain storm.

Otherwise, good post.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #68 on: <03-22-17/1920:42> »
Danyes fires 2 shots at the bow wows with his rifle before dashing off into the storm with his fineblade.

Basic attack +1 for improved reflexes

Agi 6 + Firearms 2 -2 for range
Shooting: 6d6t5 1 1hit Reroll
Reroll: 1d6t5 0 and a miss.

2nd shot
Shooting: 6d6t5 2 2 hits Reroll 1
Reroll: 1d6t5 0 miss so 1 hit

Pooch dodge

Dodge: 7d6t5 4 4 hits, comfortably dodged.

No point rolling damage.
There's more than one way to skin a dog.

Ha, no I was rolling and writing an OOC post (where I missed anyway) when I tool a phone call.  Should I edit it to a snowstorm?
« Last Edit: <03-22-17/1925:15> by MDMann »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <03-22-17/1930:40> »
I've been rolling the bogies' Initiative collectively but we'll roll a separate dodge for each attack. So the first attack misses.

Second attack:

Dodge: 7d6t5 3 hits

Still misses. This one's a slippery booger.

Initiative roll to GloriousRuse.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <03-23-17/0747:11> »
Initiative: 9d6t5 5

So, that was fast...

Assuming environmental modifiers of -6 to shooting (bad light, distracting snow movement , wind)

First shot : AGI 5 + Firearms 5 + Amps 2 - environment 6 = 6: 6d6t5

Again.: 6d6t5 1

And the pooches

Bogie 1 dodge: Base 7 - 2 wnd - 1 already shot at = 4: 4d6t5 1

8-9P ; 6-8 already on, Bogie one goes down

Bogie 3, same dice: 4d6t5 1

Bogie 3 catches 8P on the tie

How average. I'll work contacts in a touch tec

« Last Edit: <03-23-17/1406:30> by GloriousRuse »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #71 on: <03-23-17/1317:12> »
Pink Mohawk?  pfft pfft

Black Trenchcoat?  PUHFFFFITTUH PUHFFFFITTUH!!! ROOOAR!!!!

It's really interesting to me how these styles of play mean different things to different people.  I'd always thought pink mohawk groups would eschew silencers, as they'd bring along their two-handed battle axe for "quiet work."

I have a tasting today, so I'll largely be absent.  I plan on putting in an IC tomorrow to cover Shiriki's Narration.  That will be my last opportunity to post before Monday, so things may be slightly out of order.  If that's a problem, Tec, I could also PM you the text of that narration, should you be able to post it at a more appropriate time.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <03-23-17/1416:50> »
@rednblack We're never going to be able to stay perfectly in order. Tomorrow should be fine.

@GloriousRuse -6 is maybe a little harsh. I'm thinking that you all have full body armor with helmets that have a full suit of vision sensors. That takes care of most of the low-light issues, although I grant that blowing snow could be a notable distraction. I'm not sure how much of an issue wind is at "Near" ranges. Certainly at Far. You all know better than I would.

I suppose this also might be related to how things work in my head vs. what I actually communicate. I was thinking that people getting into position to fire would bring them into the Near range, although I certainly never said as much out loud.

Aside: anyone else having trouble keeping track of which range is "Close" and which is "Near"? The two words are too synonymous for me.

Anyway, let's make the modifier -2 instead of -6. However, I see Swoopy's Firearms skill as 4, not 5. In the end we'll add 3 dice to each roll. Handy trick: you can make multiple rolls at the same time in Orokos. See here:

Extra shooting dice: 2#3d6t5 2 hits 1 hit

Derp, if you follow that link you'll see I botched the syntax and left off the t5. I corrected things in the roll above to not confuse the issue.

So Swoopy ends up with 4 hits and 2 hits. However, he needs to reroll a success from each.

Rerolling successes: 2#1d6t5 0 hits 0 hits

He ends up with 3 hits and 1 hit. Let's see how the bogie fares.

Bogie dodging: Agility + Logic: 2#7d6t5 1 hit 1 hit

Someone could make the argument that I should roll them separately so that damage inflicted by the first shot could act as a negative modifier on the second shot. To which I say: in the spirit of Anarchy, let's keep the dice less complex rather than more complex.

In either case, Swoopy nails the mutt twice. I presume he's using his Colt M23 rather than his Browning. I don't know what he's packing but we'll call it regular ammo for the moment, with the understanding that he could have switched to it (knowing that the threat was a paracritter) from some other ammo type he might have had previously loaded. Anarchy's lack of action economy - excepting the "one move, one attack" default restrictions - means you have some additional flexibility to do things like this.

Long story short, the mutt takes 10P then 8P for a total of 18P, turning it into a fine red mist that quickly dissipates in the fierce wind. @GloriousRuse feel free to update your IC post with the results, if you want, or I'll put them in mine.

Now we're on to the bogies.

Bogies
#1 is stuck with an arrow, 6P-8P, and promptly retreats.
#2 is going to be electrocuted by the roto-drone.
#3 has 7S pending, also from the roto-drone.
#4 is vaporized by Swoopy, 18P. Haha, gross.

That leaves #2 and #3. They stop their howling and commence their attack run. Their initial target is Ité but Dan-Dan obliges them by running out into the storm. The Captain has not had her turn and so technically has not run out yet, such are the abstractions of turn-based combat.

I'm going to give #2 and #3 attacks, in the course of which they will be shot by Shiriki's drone. #2 is going after Ité and #3 is going after Dan-Dan. I'm going to give them a +2 for a charging attack. Under most circumstances I'm thinking that +1 for charging will be more appropriate for Anarchy, since the dice pools are generally lower than SR5, but in this case the bogies have the Movement power and are fast little fuckers as a result.

Bogie attack: Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 + Charging 2: 2#10d6t5 3 hits 4 hits

@Pap Renvela: You need to dodge 3 hits
@MDMann: You need to dodge 4 hits

Because the howling has stopped, you do not need to reroll a success on the dodge roll.

Hellhounds do (STR/2)+2 with their bite attack so I'm going to use the same for the bogies. Strength is 4 so 4/2+2 = 4P+net hits for damage in case you don't dodge. It will go against your armor.

A word on Edge: Edge will refresh approximately once per "scene". I'll just tell you in advance that the current scene will end when the radar installation is destroyed. You can ration out your Edge accordingly. Don't forget that the Captain's shadow amps allow you to borrow her 6 Edge.

That said, since you're not in the middle of a thick firefight, you'll have an opportunity to repair your armor (or at least roll to repair your armor) once the bogies are dispersed, so you may want to save your Edge and let your armor do its work. That's up to you.

Another option: someone could use a Plot Point to "Live Dangerously". This would add a Glitch/Exploit die to their dodge test. I'll say that if they roll an Exploit, then they managed to backpedal and buy themselves an extra second or two, during which Shiriki does his thing and zaps the bogies, thus the remainder of the dodge roll is not necessary. Alternatively, if you roll a glitch then Shiriki shoots the bogie while it's clamped on your armor and Shiriki's stick-n-shock grounds out through you. You'll take 3S.

To prevent too much gaming of the system, you'll need to declare and roll the glitch die at the same time as your dodge roll. This can be done in Orokos by separating the two rolling syntaxes with a semicolon. For example, "6d6t5;1d6" gets you this:

Rolling example: 6d6t5 2 hits 1d6 5 (an Exploit!)

@Jayde Moon You're free to chop bogie #3 to death on Initiative 0. It will be at -2 to dodge due to stun damage.

I think that's everything. Rolls to Pap, MDMann, and Jayde Moon.
« Last Edit: <03-23-17/1418:39> by Tecumseh »

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <03-23-17/1531:17> »
defense test LOG 5 + AGI 5= 10
defense test: 10d6h5 4

Edge re-roll 7 dice
defense test re-roll: 7d6h5 3

edit: disregard the edge use- for some reason I thought I had to beat 4 hits...
re-reading that's MD not me....

2nd edit: re-roll 2 sucesses
Re-roll 2 sucess: 2d6h5 0
So the bogie takes 6p
« Last Edit: <03-23-17/1535:43> by Pap Renvela »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <03-23-17/1541:34> »
Ité expertly dodges the dog-missile.

@Pap Feel free to IC post your arrow-skewering of bogie #1 and your nimble side-stepping of bogie #2.