Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

Highest Payday?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tarislar:

--- Quote from: Sphinx on ---2. Mercurial: 5,000 per runner (8 karma)

--- End quote ---

I'd note that there is some really high "salvage/paydata" that the runners can get a hold of to increase this.
When we ran it back in the 90's the group as a whole netted over a Million.

Reaver:
The "biggest" payday my character has ever received from a GM was a payment of $200,000 in cash each and 6 tonnes of coffee beans for a team of 6. Total Karma earned I believe was 16 (this was years ago, under 2e rules.)

The job was a re-enforcement of the Yucatan Rebel army during their war with Aztechnology/Aztlan, and was scheduled for 21 day deployment. Which turned into 59 days in the deep jungle avoiding and ambushing Aztlan forces while trying to survive being hunted by both the jungle and Aztlan.... Lost one team member :(

Fun times!

We took that 6 tonnes of coffee and instead of selling it as expected (which would have netted us $2,000,000 total) we took it an opened up our own Seattle based coffee franchise... which has lead to years of adventures since! 

Wenlocke:
I noticed that I tended to price my runs higher than average/book recommendation, but then I sort of feel I have to, to maintain some sense of character progression.

My logic is based on real world time vs game time, and the idea that I like my players to feel like they are actually advancing. Assuming that an average run will always take multiple weeks of sessions, even if the actual game-time encompasses a few days, then technically, the characters can fit significantly more earning opportunities and runs into one game calendar year than can technically done by the player group. Now, as i'd rather have my players feel like their characters are actually growing and changing, then, say, waiting 6 months of weekly sessions to upgrade one skill, or buy some new ware feels rather stingy, and that can happen a lot on book/fluff standard rewards.

Its a balancing act

CanRay:
Fifteen Nuyen in Stuffer Shack Gift Certificates.   ;D

Tarislar:

--- Quote from: Wenlocke on ---I noticed that I tended to price my runs higher than average/book recommendation, but then I sort of feel I have to, to maintain some sense of character progression.

My logic is based on real world time vs game time, and the idea that I like my players to feel like they are actually advancing. Assuming that an average run will always take multiple weeks of sessions, even if the actual game-time encompasses a few days, then technically, the characters can fit significantly more earning opportunities and runs into one game calendar year than can technically done by the player group. Now, as i'd rather have my players feel like their characters are actually growing and changing, then, say, waiting 6 months of weekly sessions to upgrade one skill, or buy some new ware feels rather stingy, and that can happen a lot on book/fluff standard rewards.

Its a balancing act

--- End quote ---

/tears up a little.

I love you man.

No seriously, there is nothing worse that being in a campaign for a year & still being level 4.

At least for me anyway.

I want to feel like I am going somewhere.

I'm not looking to be a L40 Epic Archmage tomorrow, but can we at least agree to a level boost or Karma reward after each (or at most alternating) sessions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version