NEWS

Anticipation... again :-)

• 109 Replies

0B

• Chummer
  • Be seeing you
« Reply #105 on: <09-06-20/1451:23> »
I guess my point is that doing single shot against multiple targets within 3 seconds is easier than doing burst fire against multiple targets in the same time period.

I'll accept that someone's good enough to do the BF against multiple targets- but if that's true, then it should be even easier for them to do SS against multiple targets.

If you're looking at this strictly from a manner of game balance, that's a whole other matter entirely, of course.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <09-06-20/1507:59> »
Shinobi Killfist and Penllawen, i don't think anyone in here (well, except perhaps you then) think it actually make sense to have no mechanical difference between a weapon in single shot mode (we are not even talking about semi automatic mode here... single shot weapons include tasers, hold outs, bolt action sport rifles, grenade launchers, dart guns and missile launchers) and a weapon in full auto mode (like a SMG, assault rifle or LMG).

I'll quote myself. "There obviously should be some limits set up on how many shots a person can get off, or more accurately how many shots anticipation can deal with.  Maybe make some special rule with SA grenade launchers or something, maybe SS shouldn't be able to do it without 2 weapons, maybe what weapons anticipation can apply to needs to be narrowed down so its not 2 grenades."

I've already acknowledged some weapons multiple attacks wouldn't make sense with. And the rules should be changed to reflect that.

But a standard pistol SA shooting a person with multi-attack vs burst is something the player should be determining.  either 2 rapid fire shots as one attack(SA mode like a small burst), or two rushed targeted attacks.(multi-attack) You shouldn't need 2 weapons for that.

Because yes, many people are rolling attack modes other than SS into their idea that you should need 2 weapons to multi-attack.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-06-20/1609:08> »
I think the idea behind Burst Fire in this edition is that you just pull the trigger once and out comes 4 bullets. Normally in the form of a narrow burst that hit the target you are aiming at, but you also have the option to split the pool and go for for a slightly wider burst that can hit up to a maximum of two targets (but since you are hitting them with the same burst it realistically mean that both targets need to stand pretty close and possible also that there are no other targets between them). I am pretty sure the idea behind a burst fire attack is not that you pull the trigger once and are still able to pint-point up to 4 individual targets 360 degree around you with one bullet each (as that would be physically impossible and highly unrealistic, even with Hollywood Realistic standards on par with John Wick). If you wish to hit two totally separated targets with one firearm in BF mode then you would narrow burst the first target. Then, with your second major action, narrow burst the second target.

(there does not seem to be a "complex action" option where you pull the trigger twice... that let you aim at one target within short medium range, pull the trigger once to hit it with a short narrow burst of 3 bullets, and then aim at a second target within short or medium range and then pull the trigger a second time to hit the second target with another short narrow burst of 3 bullets - as we had in previous edition).

I think the idea behind Semi Automatic in this edition is that you just double tap the same target (but it stand to reason that you are also allowed to just tap the trigger once to fire a single bullet similar to a single shot weapon). If you wish to hit a second target then you spend your second major action before you double tap (or single tap) that target as well.

(there does not seem to be a "complex action" option where you pull the trigger 3 times... that let you aim at one target within short or medium range, pull the trigger once, then aim at a second target within short or medium range, pull the trigger a second time and then aim at a third target also within short or medium range and then pull the trigger a third time - as we had in previous edition).

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <09-06-20/1642:28> »
There's 2 ways to wield 6 BF-guns, btw, and I'm only pointing out one: SURGE.

Rigger could have all kinds of guns in a vehicle/Drone/Medusa Extentions.

Nartaki with Monkey Feet Cyber limbs.  Or Just Cyberguns in Cyberlegs.

Mage with Prehensile Tail Weapon and Magic Fingers.

Implanted Cybergun in CyberTorso and/or CyberSkull.

Burn out Nartaki Mage with Magic Fingers, Prehensile Tail, Cybergun in each Cyberleg, plus Cyber Torso, plus Cyberskull and four in the Arms.

Burn out Nartaki Mage with Magic Fingers, Prehensile Tail, Cybergun in each Cyberleg, plus Cyber Torso, plus Cyberskull and four in the Arms and Medusa Extensions. 

(Can't recall 5th Edition has a weaponized tail option...)

I'll stop.  But holding lots of guns, no problem.  Meaningful dice pools are usually the issue.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-07-20/0004:46> »
There's 2 ways to wield 6 BF-guns, btw, and I'm only pointing out one: SURGE.

Rigger could have all kinds of guns in a vehicle/Drone/Medusa Extentions.

Nartaki with Monkey Feet Cyber limbs.  Or Just Cyberguns in Cyberlegs.

Mage with Prehensile Tail Weapon and Magic Fingers.

Implanted Cybergun in CyberTorso and/or CyberSkull.

Burn out Nartaki Mage with Magic Fingers, Prehensile Tail, Cybergun in each Cyberleg, plus Cyber Torso, plus Cyberskull and four in the Arms.

Burn out Nartaki Mage with Magic Fingers, Prehensile Tail, Cybergun in each Cyberleg, plus Cyber Torso, plus Cyberskull and four in the Arms and Medusa Extensions. 

(Can't recall 5th Edition has a weaponized tail option...)

I'll stop.  But holding lots of guns, no problem.  Meaningful dice pools are usually the issue.

SHHH don't mention magic fingers.  My 5e mage invisible drone used that for all his attacks. Clairvoyance/magic fingers & a good firearms skill= pew pew around corners. Have 4 magic fingers spells going and go to down.  you constantly miss but it does draw attention when 4 assault rifles are firing away.

I'm drunk and this took like 8 attempts to type to this level.