NEWS

Vehicles (andmods) that are missing from SR4

• 89 Replies

_Pax_

« on: <06-04-12/1803:26> »
I've been thinking about this a lot, lately.  The "Trucks" category has some holes in it - where are the normal vans and minivans, for the soccer-mom types?  I see pickup trucks, RVs, city busses, and panel trucks ... but no ordinary passenger vans.  This is a (small) problem to me, because I'd like to have one for the next Rigger I make.

Nor are there rules for trailer trucks ("18 wheelers"), exactly.

There really aren't any snow mobiles, either.

And the cycles section doesn't have any decent Trikes, normal or reversed.  No recumbant, Akira-style bikes either, that I recall.

On the mod front, there's no distinction drawn beteen "seated passengers" style accomodations, and "full kitchen, one and a half bathrooms, three bedrooms" apartment-style accomodations.  Why can't my country hick have a camper-top put into his pickup, and live out of that?  :)

Anyone else got things they wish were afailable, vehicle-wise, but just aren't in any of hte official sources?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-04-12/1809:07> »
I just want reprints of some vehicles that were around in the previous edition that haven't seen publication yet.

Rolls Royce Prairie Cat - RV
BMW Blitzen - Motorcycle
A return of the 'from scratch' vehicle creation rules.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

_Pax_

« Reply #2 on: <06-04-12/1813:41> »
Well yes, the "from scratch" rules would certainly allow we the players to fill in every gap that ever existed.  :)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-04-12/1834:35> »
There's that, but there's also that I like sitting and making vehicles and stuff for 'sh*ts and grins' when the rules are available. Started doing it with the first d20 Star Wars game, cranking out a butt-ton of ships.

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-04-12/1933:12> »
Nothing's stopping you from using the old edition vehicle creation rules... then porting the results into SR4 stats.

The vital statistics I really miss are...
Cargo capacity  (ok it has a cargo bay, how much does it hold?!)
Seating
Fuel Burn rate (really loved this figure on top of battery/tank capacity...)

As far as a van... I could have sworn I saw one in one of the expansion things...  but you could always just take a Rover 2068 downgrade it to low luxury or so to double the seating and turn it into a bimbo box.  (Snow Crash... great source of some fun jargon)

I have a hard enough time explaining to some of my friends (an aerospace engineer at that) that a LAV is not a vectored thrust vehicle, but a plane specifically designed to fly at high speed, low altitude in ground effect.  None of the tbirds actually have Improved Takeoff & Landing 2 (which gives the VTOL capability).  They all need runways and can't stop and hover.  (give it ITOL2 and I'm more than happy to let it hover and fly like a helicopter on crack).

_Pax_

« Reply #5 on: <06-04-12/1941:58> »
Nothing's stopping you from using the old edition vehicle creation rules... then porting the results into SR4 stats.
Except, you know, not owning them.

As far as a van... I could have sworn I saw one in one of the expansion things... 
  Nissan Coda ... looks like a van, but it's actually a food service truck.

As for the Rover ... it's not just the seating, it's the body form/shape.  I want more than just passenger capacity.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-04-12/1948:51> »
The Bulldog is a van.

_Pax_

« Reply #7 on: <06-04-12/2029:10> »
The Bulldog is a van.
The bulldog is a delivery van - a cargo vehicle, not a passenger vehicle.  Basically, it's a UPS truck.

If you look here: http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShadows/vehicles/trucks.html

Those are ... I dunno, 2E or 3E stats.  anyway, look t the picture of the Bulldog; I thing that's scanned right out of one of the RiBBs.

Now scroll down to the Leyland-Rover Transport.  I want that.  Or maybe the Hyundai Appa.  And I want it in SR4 stats and prices, with an SR4/Arsenal "standard modifications" list, and withut having to figure out the conversion myself, from scratch, with no guidelines to help me.  :(

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <06-04-12/2130:07> »
Used Car Lot has been announced.  Hopefully that'll fill a lot of holes.

I also apparently need to get a plaid suit for GenCon.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <06-04-12/2241:02> »

I also apparently need to get a plaid suit for GenCon.

And to start practicing talking like this.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

_Pax_

« Reply #10 on: <06-04-12/2327:57> »
I have very, very high hopes.  :)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-04-12/2334:54> »
I have very, very high hopes.  :)

As do I, but I have a strong feeling they probably won't be including the creation rules I want.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <06-04-12/2339:51> »
As do I, but I have a strong feeling they probably won't be including the creation rules I want.
Honestly, people, are you so quick to want SR5???

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-04-12/2345:42> »

Not so much, but i miss my Rigger 3 and want my Rigger 4.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <06-04-12/2348:51> »
Not so much, but i miss my Rigger 3 and want my Rigger 4.
Know ye not the Rigger's Black Book curse?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11