NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 366 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #225 on: <11-10-16/2323:55> »
Sam was tucked safely in the interior of the truck, and while it wasn't easy to find a comfortable position, he soon found himself drifting off to sleep.

[spoiler]
Sam's got 2 WIL or 3 Body, and with his form-fitting half-body suit on, he's at 8/4 for armor. Which, if I'm reading Crossbow's directions properly, means I get a whopping 1 die to roll for a threshold 2 test. I think I'll just take the nap. ;)
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #226 on: <11-11-16/0111:26> »
Snow is already nearly naked in the truck and does not relish stripping down more than she is already.  She reaches into her bag and pulls out some of the water bottles there and passes them out.  "It is not much and will not last long, but we need to keep hydrated.  Sam!  Sit up and drink some water."  She braces herself and stands, reaching up to hand Con one of the small bottles of water then moves to the front of the truck as it sways down the road.  She taps the driver on the shoulder and speaks in the local language.  "We need water badly.  Please find a place to stop where we can get some."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <11-11-16/0520:34> »
Sammy had taken off her armoured vest to make the seat a bit more comfy and herself as well.  While she was used to heat, in LA it was mostly a dry heat.  Add to that the jetlag (even though she had managed to get some sleep on the plane) and it was clear that she needed some extra rest.  Only the bumping of the truck and the uncomfortable position kept her a bit awake.

When Snow handed out water, she took some as she knew it was important.
"Thanks," she said to the Russian woman.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #228 on: <11-13-16/2240:56> »
If anyone were able to witness the mumbled conversation that took place between Sammy and Snow as they drifted off into some semi-shared dream it might be highly amusing. Unfortunately, no one could as the combined sleep inducing effects took everyone in the truck, including your boss and young Ahmjay, your driver.

When you missed the turn and flipped into the brush, the jungle reached in to slap Clem and Con for two boxes of damage.  Snow, who in her stupor had actually unrestrained herself and lurched from her seat, was tumbled around inside the cabin, taking 5 boxes.  The two Sams simply had their heatsleeps disrupted by the crash.

(OOC: Everyone will also have to resist a 7S attack from the rollover and crash, resisted by impact armor, with Torley getting 3 bonus dice for being fully restrained, Sammy and Clem getting 1 for partial and no bonus for Snow and O’Conner as they are unrestrained.)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <11-14-16/0132:46> »
Snow is startled out of her imaginary conversation with Ahmjay when the vehicle leaves the road and rolls a couple of times before coming to rest with the driver's side on the ground.  Unfortunately, she had actually been able to undo her seat restraints before the accident and had been tossed about the interior of the vehicle like a rag doll.  She feels blood dripping into her eyes from what has to be a deep cut to her forehead.  She gingerly feels herself out and determines that she does not have any broken bones.  Thankful to be alive, she looks around for the medical bag and begins calling out to the others to see how they are doing.  She spies her bag just out off to the side and grabs it up, reaching for the med kits inside.  She is painfully aware that she is badly injured and that the kits might do a better job than she can right now.

She can hear moans and curses from the others in the back, but a quick look at the driver's cabin shows her that Jane and Ahmjay seem to be unconscious.  She groans herself as she maneuvers to the front of the cab to make sure that the two there are still alive then hooks each to a med kit sensor and checks their vitals.  After getting the leads attached and the biomonitors running, she has to wipe her face clear of blood again and remembers that she had mad a purchase of a bandana scarf at the airport.  Pulling it from her pocket, she wraps it around her head so that she can see without the effect of blood dripping into her eyes.

Snow looks over her shoulder and calls out to the others.  "OK.  Got two unconscious up here.  I heard all the rest of you moaning so I know you are alive, but do any of you have any obvious broken bones or lots of bleeding?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <11-14-16/0737:02> »
Fighting through the daze and pain from her injuries, Clem tries to kick the door to the car open but the thing is clearly jammed. Shouting, she asks "Con, do you see anything?" before trying to make her way through the front of the truck, passing by the rest of the team and exiting from the windshield, going over their driver. At the first chance she gets, she dives for cover, shotgun at the ready.

[spoiler]Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 1 + Actively Looking 3 + Reception Enhancers 2 + Vision Enhancement 3: 16d6t5 6 no glitches. Been a while since I had a decent roll.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-14-16/1730:20> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #231 on: <11-14-16/1044:28> »
Sam was jolted awake, surprised to find himself dangling from his restraints. When Snow called back, he fought through the pain enough to do as much of a check as he could. To his surprise, he couldn't find any significant injuries. "I'm good, I think. Not sure about Sammy," he called back. He started looking around to see if there was a way he could get out of his seat without dropping directly onto the orc actress.

[spoiler]Google images for "maxxpro interior" show the rear seats facing each other, so I'm just going to assume that Sam ended up in the one that's now at the top of the truck. Because why not. :)[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <11-14-16/1255:11> »
Sammy was dozing when suddenly she was shocked awake as the truck crashed into the bush.  Luckily she had buckled up, as she only felt a bit of pain where the restraints had cut into her body.
"I'm fine," she shouted, "Popping out for a quick astral recon."

She let the others know she would be out of her body so they wouldn't be alarmed, before slumping back into her seat as her consciousness left her body.  She just floated on top of the truck and looked around in the astral.  Normally spirits, metahumans, critters and other living things would show up.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #233 on: <11-14-16/1955:12> »
O'Connor shook his head, trying to fight off the daze of the crash. After regaining his senses he scrambled out of the truck as fast as he could, not really caring about who he had to trample over to get out. Once outside of the truck, O'Connor leveled his rifle in the opposite direction of Clem.

[spoiler]
Intuition 3 + Perception 3 + Visual 2 + Actively Looking 3 - CM 1 = Pool 10
Perception (Visual): 10d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <11-15-16/2132:50> »
You city slickers are smack-dab in the middle of the honest-to-god African jungle, the only way you can even tell which way the road is is from the broken plants that were killed when the truck rolled.  The shock of silence caused by the crash is already dying as the jungle resumes its activities.

There is nothing but the jungle to see at the moment.

Astral space is simply overwhelming, once Sammy is finally able make her way through the brush cradling the gray shell of the truck, it is similar to the moment she stepped out of the limo the night of the Oscars, times ten, from every direction.  The jungle is not simply alive but Awakened, and the astral landscape is like a well lit cave.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <11-15-16/2158:51> »
Talking to O'Connor, Clem asked him in a low voice "Do you have a visual on anything? I can't see drek on my side."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #236 on: <11-15-16/2241:42> »
Snow is relieved that the other four team members seem to be at least up and active.  She is still concerned that the other two remain unconscious. Both are breathing shallowly and an examination of the biomonitor readouts tells her that they are both badly injured, but not in danger of expiring soon.  Unless the fragging heat and oppressive humidity get to them before she can heal them.  She sets the kits to run a diagnostic of the conditions of Ahmjay and Jane.

Unfortunately, Snow realizes that she is not at peak performance and that she should at least try to heal some of her own injuries before trying to do anything more than run diagnostics on her patients.  She hooks herself up to one of the kits and lets it do its job, immediately feeling a bit better.  Her head stops feeling like Clem is beating on it and she can think a little clearer.
« Last Edit: <11-15-16/2253:04> by Mercy Merchant »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #237 on: <11-16-16/0006:21> »
O'Connor couldn't make out anything through the foliage of the jungle, "Nothing on my side either. Sammy, you see anything?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <11-16-16/0257:29> »
"I'll keep an eye here, go check the road to see if anything is coming our way. Keep within eyesight and switch to Matrix voice" announced Clem to O'Connor. Placing her subvocal microphone and keeping O'Connor in the corner of her eye as he was walking back towards the road, the ork asked Snow out loud "How's it looking in there, Snow? Can you tell me if you can see who took us off the road through the Matrix?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <11-16-16/0307:45> »
Sammy got back to her body just in time to hear O'Connor's question.
"I only got a lot of jungle," she said, "an entire awakened jungle actually.  Who's idea was this not to wait for the airplane?  Now we're stuck in some fracking jungle."

While she had grown up in a jungle, that was an urban jungle, not a nature one.  About the only advantage was that the air was clean here, although she kept her respirator on because with her asthma, she would probably have issues with all the pollen in the air and she didn't want to take any chances.