NEWS

Debriefing Logs

• 10 Replies

antaskidayo

• Omae
« on: <04-29-16/1626:03> »
Can these logsheets be digitized using software like Wondershare PDF element so it can be accessed on any device if it is placed in a cloud. Will it be considered SRM legal?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-16/1646:50> »
honestly it is sad that we must do it this way because yes we have had issues with it .... but logs must have a gm signature, date, and location on them to be considered valid which requires them to be hardcopy
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-29-16/1732:42> »
What about keeping it as a scan of the hardcopy? It would still have all that I info, but would save carrying around all the paperwork.

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-29-16/1956:59> »
Does that mean playing SRM through online platforms such as Roll20/Fantasy Grounds wont be considered legal?

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-01-16/1244:32> »
Does that mean playing SRM through online platforms such as Roll20/Fantasy Grounds wont be considered legal?

This is straight from the FAQ:  Sometimes you don’t have an FLGS or convention nearby, so you find an online session works best for all parties. As long as the GM adheres to the rules found in this FAQ and provides signed Debriefing Logs to the attendees, an online  Mission counts the same as one run in person. Note: CDT Agents must meet certain requirements for an online session to count as an official Venue.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-01-16/1246:08> »
What about keeping it as a scan of the hardcopy? It would still have all that I info, but would save carrying around all the paperwork.

As long as it meets the requirements, I'm fine with scanned copies.  In the event of an audit, you just have to make sure your device pulls them up for the Agent to see.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-03-16/1220:28> »
Do you need to be a CDT agent for the online game to be valid?

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-05-16/0746:55> »
Do you need to be a CDT agent for the online game to be valid?

No, you do not.  As long as you adhere to the SRM FAQ it is considered valid.  Please note that if you would like to become an Agent we would be more than happy to have you join.  One of the perks of being a CDT Agent is that you have access to all unpublished SRMs/CMPs, so you have more material to run!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

HMelrose

• Newb
  • Find a crew. Get a Job. Keep Running.
« Reply #8 on: <07-06-16/1421:07> »
What is a players recourse, when not receiving a debriefing log from Convention event?

Houston Shadowrun on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1727036367534591/

facebook.com/hmelrose
twitter.com/hmelrose

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-07-16/1023:10> »
What is a players recourse, when not receiving a debriefing log from Convention event?

If a CDT Agent did not provide a signed copy of the Debriefing Log at a convention, then the Agent should have taken everyone's e-mail address (and provided his/her own) and then sent completed/signed copies to the participants as soon as possible after the convention.  If the Agent failed to follow through, then players may contact me with the name of the Agent, convention, date, and event and I will contact that Agent to follow up and get the situation resolved.

If it was not a CDT Agent, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to assist in the situation.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

HMelrose

• Newb
  • Find a crew. Get a Job. Keep Running.
« Reply #10 on: <07-07-16/1628:34> »
I will contact him again and ask for the debriefing log. He said the event was official. I'm not stressing, it just means I get to play the adventure again.

facebook.com/hmelrose
twitter.com/hmelrose