Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Mystic Adepts get a ridiculous boost in Life Path

<< < (2/4) > >>

Finstersang:
They are in a good spot compared to the initial writing  :P The current balancing solution still treats the Magic Points from the Priorty Column differently than Magic from Special Attribute Points or Karma Advancements, which is prone to confusion and doesn´t organically translate to other Chargen Systems - hence the problem MM pointed out. Simply treating them like normal Adepts with only Magic/2 PP would have been the more elegant (and arguably, balanced) way.

NB: Just noticed that Mysads already get Astral Perception for free - I was under the Impression that they still had to buy the Adept power - which also means that an out-of-the-box MysAd beats a PhysAd even without the spells and Summons rn. They essentially get 1 PP worth of Powers for free!   

MercilessMing:
Comparing issues like mysads in Life Path, the karma for spells in Point Buy, and the huge Resource issue in Point Buy,  to the published optional rules, it couldn't be more clear that the people writing the optional rules should at a bare minimum have quality control authority over game mechanics.  They know more about 6e than some of the people writing the official rules.

Video game companies learn this lesson too - too often, game devs don't play their own game enough.  Devs who don't listen to their QA who play the game do so at their own peril.

Banshee:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---Comparing issues like mysads in Life Path, the karma for spells in Point Buy, and the huge Resource issue in Point Buy,  to the published optional rules, it couldn't be more clear that the people writing the optional rules should at a bare minimum have quality control authority over game mechanics.  They know more about 6e than some of the people writing the official rules.

Video game companies learn this lesson too - too often, game devs don't play their own game enough.  Devs who don't listen to their QA who play the game do so at their own peril.

--- End quote ---

We are pushing for this too

Hobbes:
Just tossing this out in case anyone is curious.  Made 5 different characters using the 3 different methods to see the difference myself.  Figured I'd share with the class.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mO9-LPVHYrI4lOuUADypZ5Ww3dn0U00jW-gaB0bfZRM/edit?usp=sharing

MercilessMing:
lol @ your samurai... who needs knowsofts when you can take scholastic mage right? :D  Honestly I still don't know how to price that quality.

edit: Your samurai Hobbes should have an Edge of 6 instead of 5.  He spent 16 CP on adjustment points, which gives you 4 adj points, but you also get 1 free. This is why I don't care for point buy that much, it's too easy to make mistakes in the absence of a generator tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version