Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

[SR5] House Rules

<< < (3/84) > >>

Noble Drake:

--- Quote from: Manyfist on ---This is something that's been going around 4chan /tg/ Shadowrun General threads.

Priority 10

Premise: Priority system really punishes certain types of builds, so some anon came up with this simple system of helping. It's not perfect, but neither is regular priority.

You start with 10 points to spend on 5 priorities.
A-4pts
B-3pts
C-2pts
D-1pts
E-0pts

So as long you add up to 10 you're good.

--- End quote ---
No anon came up with that, it's been around for over a decade and was even one of the possible methods of character creation supported by the NSRCG utility for SR3 - I'd even bet that it was printed in some supplement for SR2 or SR3, though I don't feel like digging through my books to find it.

Veggiesama:

--- Quote from: Maelflux on ---Hey Fastjack,

I don't know if this was asked before, but could it be possible to have a sub-forum for house rules?

I really think it's a shame that many good ideas are lost and/or impossible to discuss, because one long thread for all house rules will end up being so huge.

Cheers.

--- End quote ---
Gotta agree. It would be awesome to have a sub-forum.

JackVII:
Here's a new Positive Quality I was considering adding as a House Rule:

TechnoMagic Harmony (10 or 25 points)
Your familiarity and understanding with magic and technology has allowed you to mitigate some of the challenges with combining the two. You must be awakened to take this quality.

10 Points:
- Reduce the Object Resistance Dice Pool Modifier by one level. The level can be reduced no lower than "Natural Objects"
- Reduce the dice pool penalty for applying Health Spells to Low Essence characters by half.

25 Points: For the purpose of calculating maximum Magic, essence loss due to cyberware/bioware installation is divided in half. If this change is taken after chargen and results in a Maximum Magic score higher than current Magic, karma must be spent to raise Magic to its new maximum as normal.

Too much? I started drafting it at only the 10 point level but then thought the 25 point level might be a natural extension.

SoulGambit:
The 10-pt version is fine. I'd shy away from allowing the 25pt version, though.

Valashar:
I would alter the 25-point version to treat essence loss as 1 point less before determining loss of current/maximum magic attribute, treating partial points as a full point after that as normal. So a mage who gets 2.3 points of implants (why? because they're insane... or one of the old arcology Blues) with this quality would treat their essence loss as only 1.3, or -2 to current/maximum magic attribute.

Another alternative for something like this would be to treat it as a kind of metamagic and have the reduction of lost essence be treated as half of the mage's initiate grade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version