NEWS

Hyperthreading

• 10 Replies

忍

« on: <09-04-18/0129:18> »
Is it possible to thread the same CF multiple times through hyperthreading?

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-05-18/1300:47> »
Something like multiple data spike for a hard resonance machine gun?
As a player i should ask
As a GM i'll say no...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-05-18/1626:49> »
I'd say no for sanity reasons.

But then, you can combine Resonance Spike and Derezz
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #3 on: <09-05-18/2139:33> »
I guess my question is could you merge forms that need to be sustained... and then sustain it as a single form. RAW it appears so unless I am missing some sort of text in the description.

For example: Thread Infuse Firewall, Sleaze, Static Veil and sustain as 1 form? Seems a little OP (granted Fade, but groveler, sprite, -2 for stream, otaku, ect... seem to make it pretty doable). Or does this kind of powering up simply level the playfield compared to decker and their dice pools/programs/deck/cyber/bio... How well does it scale in your opinions as you submerge 3+ times and can now maintain 2+ forms (meaning 2 hyperthreaded boosts). Raw power wise it feels like a huge power gain. But looking back at what your starting with as Technomancer, the power ups seem to simply balance out all the decker tricks. Just theorizing so far so no hard numbers to compare, just gut checking...
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #4 on: <10-01-18/0836:04> »
So you would say the hyperthreaded Forms would be sustained as one? Interesting ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-01-18/1318:31> »
So you would say the hyperthreaded Forms would be sustained as one? Interesting ...

RAW yes.  The new Hyperthreaded Complex Form is considered a single Form.  So, yeah, Thread all the Improved Matrix Attributes, Transcendent Grid, and whatever else you can into a single HyperThread, pop Psyche, enjoy your -1 Sustain penalty.

&#24525;

« Reply #6 on: <10-01-18/1553:44> »

RAW yes.  The new Hyperthreaded Complex Form is considered a single Form.  So, yeah, Thread all the Improved Matrix Attributes, Transcendent Grid, and whatever else you can into a single HyperThread, pop Psyche, enjoy your -1 Sustain penalty.
An interesting observation,  though slightly off topic. The general consensus is that you can't thread the same CF via hyperthreading. Also the example implies the same, although when have examples been the benchmark :p

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-18/1704:42> »
All infuse forms are separate forms so you could combine all four into one, fire it off and then sustain it effortless without penalty if you submerged twice

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-01-18/2227:44> »
Got home to books, relevant bits. 

"....This complex form entry is shorthand for four different complex forms, one for each Matrix attribute.... " p.252

and "The Sourceror can merge multiple complex forms into a single form...." p. 91 Kill Code.

so stack all four Matrix Infusions.  Pretty much the best use of Hyperthreading I can come up with, save -3 or so in sustain penalties.   

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-01-18/2328:33> »
DAEMON (Sourceror - p. 91)
Sourcerors spend so much time and energy get- ting familiar with their complex forms that they can thread them with relative ease. They can sus- tain up to half of their Submersion Grade (round- ed down) in complex forms without taking a pen- alty. Any complex forms sustained beyond this level are treated as normal.

So no penalty at all

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-06-18/0942:10> »
DAEMON (Sourceror - p. 91)
Sourcerors spend so much time and energy get- ting familiar with their complex forms that they can thread them with relative ease. They can sus- tain up to half of their Submersion Grade (round- ed down) in complex forms without taking a pen- alty. Any complex forms sustained beyond this level are treated as normal.

So no penalty at all

Yeah, I don't think they thought that through for the most part.  With HyperThreading you'll rarely need more than a single Sustained Complex Form.  But man, if you ever really needed to Sustain a lot of Complex Forms, are you ever set.