NEWS

Submersion time length?

• 2 Replies

忍

« on: <12-27-16/1714:43> »
Howlong does it take for a TM to submerge?

I can't find it RAW, although I'd imagine it to be the same as initiation. (I could be wrong. They aren't parallel in all aspects)
« Last Edit: <12-27-16/1718:23> by 忍 »

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <12-27-16/1954:10> »
No Hard Guidelines...
We expected them in the Data Trails book, but it was not to be.
Hopefully it will be in the mythological Technomancer Book being worked on.

At our table, the GM allows Submersions roughly equal in Time to Learning a Spell.
But since I have been playing the only Technomancer (we had one player briefly dabble in a TM character for a single game, but then he changed characters), it has not been much of an issue.  My 3 Submersiona still do not compare to the Adept's 7 Initiations. 8)
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <12-27-16/2330:10> »
Best I can find is this:
Quote from: Unwired 141
The gamemaster is free to adjust the time spent and the submersion event involved to suit the character and the flavor of her campaign. As the Resonance cyberspace is beyond the sense of time, characters could even experience a whole virtual life during a submersion.

Quote from: UW 173
Subjective time in the resonance realms almost always differs from real-world time, so that a trip that seems to last for 10 hours may in reality have taken only 10 minutes or, more drastically 10 days.