NEWS

IC [Prelude] Angels

• 85 Replies

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <01-17-17/1943:14> »
Killdare gets up from his chair, spins it back around and then motions in the direction of another booth.
Ladies. After you.
Killdare looks back at Gunderson.
You sure they didn't turn the music up in here?
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-18-17/1740:29> »
Before we go you have any Iinfo for us?  Name, where is the pick up, the meet, what time etc.?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <01-18-17/2001:23> »
Don't know any names except the drop guy.  The pick up is being made at the Four Winds Bar from Dusty around 2300 tomorrow to somewhere in Tacoma. 
« Last Edit: <01-20-17/1009:23> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <01-20-17/0921:42> »
"That is not much help, Gunderson, especially for the money offered.  Is hard to plan our actions without knowing how many men are involved and what sort of security they have."

Elena stands, picking up her cigar case and her drink.  She looks at the others and says, "This could be hard.  Still in?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-20-17/1346:06> »
Well.. I didn't have anything planned for tomorrow. And besides, I'll get to spend more time with you gals. So count me in.
Killdare smiles.
Sam, think you can dig up some more on these guys? That's your shtick ain't it?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-20-17/1421:26> »
At the new table, Elena smiles at the young man.  "Thank for compliment."

She looks at the others and holds out her cigar case.  "Please try if want.  Anyone mind if I smoke?"

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <01-20-17/1544:58> »
Don't mind if I do. Killdare takes a smoke.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-20-17/1711:18> »
[spoiler]These long, thin cigars are a very strong Russian/Turkish blend and have a very acrid flavor.  Don't be afraid to say that you like them, just be aware that they are not normal cigars.[/spoiler]

Elena smiles at Kildare as she flicks her old-fashioned lighter for the young man and herself, looking at Sam with a question on her face.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <01-20-17/1726:46> »
I wave away the offered pack.  No thanks.

I can take care of astral and matrix recon but id like to be closer for the matrix stuff and someone else should do a walk by for physical security  I'd prefer to do this without killing a bunch of folks if possible.  Everyone on the same page here?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-20-17/2022:50> »
Elena nods.  "I try to kill only those I am paid to kill.  Sometimes others die but not often.  I can do a physical walk-by as someone different, if that will help.  Can even take place of man in crew if get enough information."

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <01-21-17/0128:40> »
Sam may not look like much, but she's rapidly growing on Killdare. Good to know his gut was right about her. Magic too huh? No wonder Gunderson hires her, that's a lot of talent in a small package.

My exacting thinking Sam. The less killing the better IMO. I'm a medic by training, but I know which end of the gun points at the other guy.

He didn't take Elena for an assassin, but it makes sense. Pretty easy to get near a target when you look like that. Despite appearances Killdare wouldn't be at all surprised if she's got some serious cyber hiding in there somewhere.

Maybe we can do a little recon. Elena can do the close pass, me and Sam can hang back and cover her from an overwatch position.
Oh wait.. I think I sold my Remington to make rent the month before last.
Killdare looks a bit annoyed.

Guess I should replace that. Maybe get a Marlin. Always liked them

[spoiler]Stuttr is it possible for me to just buy a Marlin X71 (availability 6R) or Ruger 100 (availability 4R) off the shelf with my Fake ID/License (Rating 2)? Or is that really risky?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-21-17/0330:32> by Overbyte »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-21-17/1806:19> »
Elena nods.  "Good.  Is good.  Only need know where and when."  She looks over at Sam.  "Can search matrix for location?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <01-21-17/2157:38> »
Well the Four Winds Bar should be a matter of public record I think.  I would imagine we can just look that up on our com.  Lemme see.

In case it's not an insignificant test matrix search: 8d6t5 2

We can take my car but I'd prefer if you guys weren't actually in the car when I do the recon...no offense intended I'm just a little neurotic about people being around me when I'm unconscious.  I'd suggest Killdare do the walk-by, they will pay less attention to some homeless guy, even if he is walking around behind the building and stuff, than the sexy russian I think, but maybe Natasha could go in and get a drink and check out the interior.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-21-17/2315:48> »
Elena nods then leans back into the shadows provided by a nearby supporting pillar.  A minute later, she leans back in to the others, wearing the face of a tired older man.  Sagging skin, missing and yellowed teeth, and the scars of poorly healed childhood diseases mark him as one of the homeless residents of the Barrens.  The right eye is now brown and the left is the milky white of a man partially blind.  Grease streaked and poorly kept hair round out the transformation. 

Elena looks around and shaking hands fumble with the pack of cigars.  Completely unable to work the old-fashioned lighter, the man looks at Kildare and, in an old and wheezy voice, says, "How about a little help here, mister?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <01-22-17/0004:11> »
Ah okay I guess I underestimated what you meant by a completely different person.  Point taken, but we could still use both internal and external intel.

― Lewis Carroll