NEWS

Active Hardwires vs. Activsofts

• 49 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <07-08-15/2102:49> »
Keep in mind that you only get one activesoft at a time from your subscription.
So not nearly as powerful as 4 x rating 4 hardwires with 'softs.
But infinitely more flexible.

Keep in mind out of chargen its 124K, 20k a month, and .9 Essence for "Every skill in the game at 4" with the package and a subscription.  How many Rating 4 Hardwires is that if you have to purchase the skill softs?  4 maybe?  (AFB so this is from memory here, please correct my math if I'm wrong)

So slightly back to topic.  Hardwires plus skill softs you get 16 skill ranks for the same nuyen cost as Tradejack package and a subscription.  So 16 ranks (max of 6) vs. every skill in the game.  Similar essence costs.  Eh.  Makes skillwires more attractive anyway.

adzling

« Reply #46 on: <07-08-15/2159:58> »
I guess that depends if you need to use perception, sneaking, and automatics at the same time!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-08-15/2229:29> »
 ;D

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <07-08-15/2325:57> »
I guess that depends if you need to use perception, sneaking, and automatics at the same time!

Chipjack is your friend. :D

I was thinking about dropping a Chipmonkey build in around here somewhere, as an example. My ideal one is a corp exec who hits the streets, but grabs a handful of useful things (like pistols!) on the way out, but "Jack Chippington, Vancouver Trideo Star" also has appeal ... famous actor with big muscles and bigger teeth decides he wants to "Take a walk on the wild side" and slots a few chips to give him street skills. Because I miss those old styles of 'runs where the 'runners have to play babysitter for some goober with A) no clue and B) a nice bank balance.

"Ooo, is this where we hack the Gibson? To flip the protocols back on themselves so the Ice melts? I have a skillsoft that will help!"
"And your cyberdeck?"
"What's a cyberdeck?" *click* ... ... .. ."OHHhhhhh...."
. o O ( This guy... )

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <07-08-15/2332:03> »