NEWS

[IC] Old Jack City- Redemption

• 104 Replies

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <09-18-14/2339:28> »
After he pulled into the parking spot, Zippy killed Taco's lights. "Here we are. Ill watch Athena while you guys do the talking."

Zippy watched the two get out of the car and head towards the fountain. Can't see too well... Zippy reached for his 950 that had gotten shuffled into the back seat floorboard but thought better of it. No. The Star would be here in 28 seconds. Zippy loudly smacked the side of his helmet with his hand and sighed. The contact wouldn't appreciate it much either. Or the kids. Or the parents.I should probably get some binoculars.

He picked up his comm and began sending a text message.

>Send message
 >>Baba, Fancy Man
  >>>Baba can you send me a video feed? I'd appreciate an audio channel too, if one of you can make it happen. If not its OK. I'll be alright I guess. Thank you.
« Last Edit: <09-18-14/2347:51> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <09-19-14/1501:55> »
Quote from: Baba
"Feel free to tag along, Hornet. If things go south I'll just put a bullet in his head."
When Francis sees who has shown up for meeting he curses softly and says under his breath, "I really hope you won’t have to shoot that man right there."

As they approach the table he lets Baba go first with the introduction before giving Twine a respectful nod and adding in Or’zet, "Greetings Twine, I’m Hornet. I hope you don’t mind if we continue this meeting in English. I’m afraid my Or’zet isn’t as good as it should be."
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #77 on: <09-20-14/0207:35> »
As you approach the pair, they look in your direction, and when you get a bit closer, you can tell from the look on Twine's face that he recognizes at least one of you, probably Baba Yaga. His hands are on his hips, but when you get close enough, he reaches his right hand out to shake with the ork woman who's actually a bit taller than he is, despite his considerable size. Hornet feels a little uneasy, surrounded by these three, but the bright lights and constant activity makes him feel quite safe. None of the kids seem to pay too much attention to you four. At a school like this, you figure odd looking things must be going on all the time.

"Twine, always a pleasure." Baba says in greeting, nodding to Twine once she's close enough to speak before looking to the other gentleman. "And Mr. Bellefonte, I would imagine?"

He nods and gives the tiniest of respectful frowns. "And you're Baba Yaga." He speaks quietly, but firmly, with a deep smooth tone that could have made him a successful DJ in another life.

As they approach the table he lets Baba go first with the introduction before giving Twine a respectful nod and adding in Or’zet, "Greetings Twine, I’m Hornet. I hope you don’t mind if we continue this meeting in English. I’m afraid my Or’zet isn’t as good as it should be."

He briefly glances down at the little breeder that the OG inexplicably decided to bring with her, then back to the woman he's here to talk to. His expression of pure business concern does not waver for an instant. He continues speaking to Baba Yaga in Or'zet without addressing Hornet whatsoever. His demeanor is that of a well educated banking customer, here to re-negotiate the terms of his home loan as he speaks. "Let's take a walk around the campus." He turns his body and extends his arm toward a long, well lit walkway leading off toward more of the buildings that make up the school.

Baba Yaga knows with near certainty that this is a safe space; one that the Krubbs have been using as a meet for years now. No one is going to pull anything here. She gives Hornet a reassuring look and walks with Twine, leaving Hornet and fancy suit ork with the gun to trail about twenty feet behind.

As the two large experienced orks stroll through the campus together, they speak to one another, Twine keeping everything to non-specifics. "Here's the deal. I'm in desperate need of some quality rental property right now, and our mutual business acquaintance let me know that he had one of the best real estate agents in the city. I should have assumed he meant you. Now, what I need from you, ma'am, is simple. You give me the address of the rental property and I give you a sizable finders fee. For the moment, I'll assume that arrangement is amenable to you because I'd like to discuss another point, if I may. I don't know if it goes against your business policy, but I'd also like to enter negotiations with any other potential parties interested in the same property. I would of course pay you a brokers fee for setting that up for me."

"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #78 on: <09-20-14/1130:05> »
Once all the players are identified, Athena closes the gap to listen to the conversation. She also takes a long hard look at their auras while listening to the conversation.
Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #79 on: <09-20-14/1647:46> »
"Here's the deal. I'm in desperate need of some quality rental property right now, and our mutual business acquaintance let me know that he had one of the best real estate agents in the city. I should have assumed he meant you. Now, what I need from you, ma'am, is simple. You give me the address of the rental property and I give you a sizable finders fee. For the moment, I'll assume that arrangement is amenable to you because I'd like to discuss another point, if I may. I don't know if it goes against your business policy, but I'd also like to enter negotiations with any other potential parties interested in the same property. I would of course pay you a brokers fee for setting that up for me."

"I'm afraid the only property I have available right now has seen better days. The location is good, but the building is a money pit. You'd be better off knocking it down and building a new one in its place. The tenants are also problematic, but they will be evicted soon. Some more forcefully than others, if necessary." She pauses for a moment, considering taking out a cigarette, when all she really wants is a hit of jazz.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose any of my other clients. I am a professional, and people pay me for my discretion. I have also already entered into a contract, and I have never been one to voluntarily break a deal after I've agreed to it. I have had good business relations with your people so far, and I reached out to our mutual business acquaintance in an attempt to clarify any conflicts of interest prior to entering into a binding agreement. Unfortunately, he became...indisposed," She gives Twine a look at this comment,  "and was unable to get back to me in a timely manner. I took his silence for consent."

"I'm sure if you were more forthcoming with the specifics of your property needs, we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement that does not conflict with the contract I already agreed to. If not, then I'm afraid we'll have to part ways on less than positive terms." Baba finishes, stopping their walk to look Twine in the eye.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <09-21-14/0246:47> »
"I'm afraid the only property I have available right now has seen better days. The location is good, but the building is a money pit. You'd be better off knocking it down and building a new one in its place. The tenants are also problematic, but they will be evicted soon. Some more forcefully than others, if necessary." She pauses for a moment, considering taking out a cigarette, when all she really wants is a hit of jazz.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose any of my other clients. I am a professional, and people pay me for my discretion. I have also already entered into a contract, and I have never been one to voluntarily break a deal after I've agreed to it. I have had good business relations with your people so far, and I reached out to our mutual business acquaintance in an attempt to clarify any conflicts of interest prior to entering into a binding agreement. Unfortunately, he became...indisposed," She gives Twine a look at this comment,  "and was unable to get back to me in a timely manner. I took his silence for consent."

"I'm sure if you were more forthcoming with the specifics of your property needs, we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement that does not conflict with the contract I already agreed to. If not, then I'm afraid we'll have to part ways on less than positive terms." Baba finishes, stopping their walk to look Twine in the eye.

@Baba Yaga

Twine is one of the most attractive orks you've ever seen in your life, not in a human way either. Alot of orks who are "hot" these days are just doing their best human impression, but this one... He's all ork. And in his prime, too; about ten years younger than you. His tusks are sharp and pronounced and his skin is damn near green. They don't grow em like him anymore. With most big players like him, the kind of attitude you're throwing around might cost you some points, but he seems positively impressed by the fact that you'd punch him right in the mouth if you felt it necessary.  Not only that, but you seem completely unphased by his money and status. He takes a moment to look you up and down with those bright yellow eyes of his before responding, not in a sexual way; more like he's sizing up a boxer to decide how much he wants to bet on a fight.

"Look, I understand we all have business ethics we've got to adhere to. Lets forget all about the other interested parties and just talk about the property itself. I'm not really concerned with what the future holds for this property. If the city has it slated for re-zoning or what have you, that's beyond the scope of the project I'm dealing with. I can accomplish everything I require of the property on a very short schedule. Now, I'm prepared to pay you a five thousand nuyen finders fee right now, just for the address of the property and I completely understand the need to protect your contact list. it is, after all a trust based business. So... ? He raises one eyebrow almost seductively, waiting for a response.

@Hornet

Whoever this ork is you're walking next to, he's ice fucking cold. He doesn't say a word to you for the whole little walk, until the two up ahead stop to talk a bit more. He takes a brief look down at you and lets out half a chuckle. In Or'zet, "Sure you're not here to pick up one of your kids, squish?" he says with the same tone that an execution would be announced.

@Zippy

Two teenage elf girls have come out into the parking lot and out to a small white 3-wheeled car about 20 feet to your left. Both have their hair done quickly in large buns on top of their heads and they're wearing light, multi-layered, somewhat improvised dance clothes with black combat boots untied. After rummaging around in the trunk for a moment, the two of them begin passing something back and forth between them and chatting quietly in English. It only takes about 30-45 seconds before you smell the tell-tale aroma of zen, wafting through the parking lot. It's maybe ten seconds after that when one of them looks over and notices you in the car, watching the fountain. They look a little weirded out, but at least it's obvious you're not a cop, so they continue to smoke the zen, even though the chatting has become far more hushed.

@Athena

After deeply probing the auras of both these men, its quite obvious that the one who's stayed with Hornet is heavily cybered, including a rather high end vehicle control rig and wired reflexes. The other ork has only a datajack, but you suspect he's got some bioware, as his essense is lower than it should be for how little chrome he has.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <09-21-14/0335:49> »
Baba smirks at Twine, looking him up and down a bit like she was sizing him up right back. In her youth she would have been all over a man like Twine, used him up and tossed him out when she was done. She wondered how long he would last if she indulged in some youthful recklessness. Been a long while since she had a young man. Ah, but this was business. Pleasure would come later; there was a house waiting to be burned down, after all.

A strange thought crosses her mind and she smirks wider, shifting her stance a bit.

"I think we can come to an agreement, but first I have a question: do any of your boys have access to some Bunker Gear?" She asks, her smirk turning into a sly smile.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <09-21-14/1438:08> »
Baba smirks at Twine, looking him up and down a bit like she was sizing him up right back. In her youth she would have been all over a man like Twine, used him up and tossed him out when she was done. She wondered how long he would last if she indulged in some youthful recklessness. Been a long while since she had a young man. Ah, but this was business. Pleasure would come later; there was a house waiting to be burned down, after all.

A strange thought crosses her mind and she smirks wider, shifting her stance a bit.

"I think we can come to an agreement, but first I have a question: do any of your boys have access to some Bunker Gear?" She asks, her smirk turning into a sly smile.

For a moment, you can see the wheels turning in his head.
"Charitable people such as yourself make the world go round. If you'd like to donate that entire finder's fee to the Jacksonville Fire Department, I'm sure I can arrange a meeting between you and a representative within the hour."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <09-21-14/1523:16> »
"Charitable people such as yourself make the world go round. If you'd like to donate that entire finder's fee to the Jacksonville Fire Department, I'm sure I can arrange a meeting between you and a representative within the hour."

Baba laughs.

"Oh, it's not for me. It's for you. See, I'd love to give you the address and let you do your thing, but I've got a tight schedule to keep, and I wouldn't want you to take offense when I start the fire sale while you're still inside."

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <09-21-14/1623:53> »

Baba laughs.

"Oh, it's not for me. It's for you. See, I'd love to give you the address and let you do your thing, but I've got a tight schedule to keep, and I wouldn't want you to take offense when I start the fire sale while you're still inside."

He actually smiles at you and lets it linger for just a bit before saying almost playfully, but still mostly business, "Oh, come on now. We both know you don't give a fuck if I take offense to anything you do." He takes a moment, brushes some lint off his left sleeve that the wind had brought by and then goes back to the banker stance he'd been using. "Now, as for the sale, all I require is a brief look around before it begins. I'm certain that won't cut into your profits even a small amount. After all, it takes a little bit of time to get everything prepared for a promotion like that. But, just in the interest of setting good precedent for the future, I'm willing to double your finder's fee to help offset any timing issues I may cause."

His mood and countenance take a decidedly sharp left turn, becoming cold and stern, almost vacant in the blink of an eye. For a second, you almost miss the miniscule bit of affection he was giving you and you can only imagine how many young naive girls that cold/hot approach has worked on. His speech is quicker now, has more street to it than it has for the conversation thus far. "Now, I hate to slot and run, but we've both got tight schedules to keep and neither of us can really afford to fuck around here, so are we good? If so, I'll be on my way, and my man Scrap Lover back there will take care of your payment." Jesus, this trog is a master manipulator. No wonder he is where he is today.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <09-21-14/1638:27> »
Baba nods, switching to a professional cadence and wiping the smirk off her face. Twine was a man to be respected, and it was time to bring this meeting to an end.

"Then we're in agreement. I'll finish my preparations and then send you the exact address. I'm sure Camm already told you the street, so you won't have problems arriving in a timely manner." Baba states, before firing up her DNI.

>> Network Call
">Zippy, start the car. We need to get some molotovs and get to the Trap House to finish up our recon. Twine and his boys are going to hit the house first to get what they need, and we're gonna light it up shortly after.<"

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <09-21-14/1652:29> »
Whoever this ork is you're walking next to, he's ice fucking cold. He doesn't say a word to you for the whole little walk, until the two up ahead stop to talk a bit more. He takes a brief look down at you and lets out half a chuckle. In Or'zet, "Sure you're not here to pick up one of your kids, squish?" he says with the same tone that an execution would be announced.
Francis gives the intimidating ork the barest glance, "What I am sure of, is that you are nothing but the help. I am not in the habit of wasting words on the help."

As Baba's network call goes through Francis waits for her to turn away from Twine before walking towards the car in a leisurely manner, giving her plenty of time to catch up.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <09-21-14/1726:35> »
"Then we're in agreement. I'll finish my preparations and then send you the exact address. I'm sure Camm already told you the street, so you won't have problems arriving in a timely manner."

"Wiz." You and Twine bump fists and he continues walking in the direction you'd been headed. As you walk back toward the two behind you, scrap nods his head at you and says "This for you, girl." before producing a silver credstick from inside his sleeve like it was a card trick and handing it to you. A quick glance reveals it has a balance of 10,000 nuyen. As you start to walk away, he adds, "Oh yeah. My man says you're down. So, if you should need something, anything at all, jus holla at me, wiz?"
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #88 on: <09-21-14/1732:59> »
"Wiz." You and Twine bump fists and he continues walking in the direction you'd been headed. As you walk back toward the two behind you, scrap nods his head at you and says "This for you, girl." before producing a silver credstick from inside his sleeve like it was a card trick and handing it to you. A quick glance reveals it has a balance of 10,000 nuyen. As you start to walk away, he adds, "Oh yeah. My man says you're down. So, if you should need something, anything at all, jus holla at me, wiz?"

Baba smiles and pockets the credstick with a nod. "I'll keep it in mind." She remarks, moving to follow Hornet back towards the car.

">Let's go, people. We've got a house to burn down.<"

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #89 on: <09-22-14/1213:32> »
Athena keeps her spirit in check and watches people walking away from the meet. She will stay outside her body for a while watching patterns. She won't return until the car is moving and she is certain there is not a tail.
Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal