NEWS

[IC] Old Jack City- Redemption

• 104 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #60 on: <09-14-14/2102:19> »
">Word I hear on the street is that this house is independent of the Krubbs. Some guy used to be in with the crew, and is trying to go independent, and Twine is none too happy about it. Word is, the chicken-bone neanderthal is here to put an end to this guy's ambitions. Now, I've got my own interests in this house. And let's just say, if there's somebody inside that needs to be dead, I could be convinced to ensure that happens. So if the rumors I hear are true, then I think me and Twine could see eye to eye.<"

"Wiz. Lemme holler at dude real quick. Cool if i give him your code?"
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <09-14-14/2107:07> »
">You do what you gotta do.<" Baba replies before switching channels.

>>Network Call
">Just had a call with Camm. We might have a detour coming up.<"
She explains to the team.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <09-15-14/0412:24> »
It's maybe two minutes before Baba Yaga's comm lights up again. This time a simple text message.

>> Incoming Message
  >> Contact: Sebastian Bellefonte
    >> Message: Douglas Anderson. Fountain. Midnight.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-15-14/1555:30> »
"That's assuming everyone is fully conscious, the odds of which are fairly low. I'd really prefer not to burn some poor junkie bastard alive if we can avoid it. If Athena can have a look around in astral before we start setting fires that would be great."

Baba is about to reply flippantly, but then stops herself when she remembers Athena is in the car, not wanting to look bad in front of her daughter. Instead, she looks at Hornet, and sends a command to her DNI

>>Send Message
>>Contact: Hornet
>>"Let's be realistic; people are going to die tonight. Whoever is in that house isn't going to cooperate with us and leave the building in an orderly fashion as soon as we ask nicely. If we try and go in and physically remove everybody from the building, people will resist, the guards will try to shoot us, and we start busting heads and shooting back. Our best bet for limiting casualties is to just set the place on fire and let them leave under their own power. If a few junkies get left behind, at least they'll die doing what they loved. They're most likely going to die from the smoke before the fire even gets close to them, asphyxiating while blind to the world on bliss. That's about as painless a death anybody can hope for."

<<To: Baba>>
<<I know, don't have to like it and we should do what we can to minimize the death count without putting ourselves in danger. Understand we/run is priority #1>>
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-15-14/1612:42> »
>> Incoming Message

"We might have a second payday coming, Just have to meet some guy named Sebastian bellefont at the Douglas Anderson Fountain at midnight." Baba speaks up, finishing putting her gun together as she does so.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <09-15-14/1658:09> »
>> Incoming Message

"We might have a second payday coming, Just have to meet some guy named Sebastian bellefont at the Douglas Anderson Fountain at midnight." Baba speaks up, finishing putting her gun together as she does so.

"OK, let me see if I can get any info real quick on this guy."

>>Search.(Sebastian Bellefont)

"Shit, there are no public hits on that name. Was at least hoping for something, you still want to head over there?"
« Last Edit: <09-17-14/0732:13> by reyjinn »
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <09-17-14/1106:39> »
Zippy tilted his head a bit and stared at hornet before speaking. "Mmm...The risk might be worth the reward? What do you think, Baba? You're the veteran here, haha..." Zippy straightened up and smiled a little. "Maybe he's using a burner comm and ID? If they know we're after the same objective then this guy doesn't want us knowing anything about him, right? Zippy nodded to himself, convinced. Don't you want to know what he has to say? I'm intrigued. I could stay in stay in the car again. That's where I'd prefer to be anyhow...if things go bad I can be there quick for a getaway. Assuming there's room for Taco to squeeze in. We could have Athena stay with me and monitor the meet from above, too.

Zippy looked down at the floor, a bit sheepish, before continuing. "Are we..um..done discussing the trap house then? No one said anything...I think it's good to have a plan before we go even if it changes..We...Uh, Well after this meet, if we go I mean, we'll probably need to head straight to the job... We don't have a lot of time left. I mean I'm sure y'all know that.. Sorry." Zippy stopped talking and got ready to roll, glad his visor was down and blocking him from the outside world.
« Last Edit: <09-17-14/1122:25> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <09-17-14/1444:40> »
"I'm going to this meet whether any of you feel like joining me or not. Figure I probably owe it to Camm anyhow. If you'd rather sit it out, follow up on the molotovs. Get some breakable containers or just hit up the liquor store for the highest proof you can pull off a shelf." Baba replies, wondering if she'll have to drive herself there, or walk. She had some time before midnight, and saw little reason to be early.

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #68 on: <09-17-14/1527:34> »

You know you aren't going in alone. I'll watch the meet from the outside. Going to meet a guy we don't know anything about in a public place sounds way safer that running into a distribution center that's shared by two gangs anyway.
Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <09-17-14/1616:15> »
Zippy shook his head at leaving Baba alone. "No. I'll drive. Are you with us, Hornet?"
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <09-17-14/2318:22> »

I'm going to go keep an eye on the place...

Time to go before they disagree...

Athena leaves her body before protest can come back as anything more than a muffle.

Stay close, I may need you...

She speaks off handedly to the spirit as she sores to a height that allows her to see both the meet and Zippy's car.
Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <09-18-14/0302:42> »
Zippy shook his head at leaving Baba alone. "No. I'll drive. Are you with us, Hornet?"

"Of course. Baba, you want me to go with you or do you want to play it safe in case Camm got pushed harder than you thought?"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-18-14/1217:53> »
"Feel free to tag along, Hornet. If things go south I'll just put a bullet in his head." Baba replies.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <09-18-14/2044:33> »
@Athena

It takes less than a thought to travel the six or seven blocks to your destination and once you arrive, you're a bit surprised. There sure is a lot of activity at the school tonight! There's maybe a hundred or so auras flitting around the place, most of which are mundane, young, unaugmented, and in good health, although most are addicted to some minor thing or another. For the most part, all the auras here are a mix of happy, nervous, excited, horny, and  hopefull. There are two auras that stand out like sore thumbs in this crowd. Both are older, moderately to heavily augmented, mundane, and radiate an aura of calm cool void. You're fairly certain these are the ones mother will need to meet with.

Your new spirit ally circles around the two astral forms and looks up at you with hope and joy in its "eyes". It speaks with the giddy glee of a child faced with a bathtub full of icecream.
"Are THESE the ones? Should I burn THESE two?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, Jacksonville Florida, 11:58pm, November 5th, 2075]

Following Hornet's directions, the team pulled into the rear parking lot of the school for talented rich kids about 5 minutes ago to find it was still fairly full. Not only that, but despite it being near midnight on a friday, the lights in the courtyard and the fountain are still on and there's a small amount of activity in the lot and courtyard. "There must be a big rehearsal tonight or something." says Hornet from the backseat, sitting a teeny bit uncomfortably next to the comatose young ork woman. Zippy easily finds a parking space that is both facing the fountain, an acceptable distance from it, and easy to get out of quickly.

From here, several forms can be seen in the courtyard area, maybe 8-12 people in small groups of 2-4 each. Even from a distance, it's obvious that most of these groups are high school age kids, talking animatedly with papers in their hands, scripts perhaps. A couple groups seem older, possibly parents waiting to pick their kids up.

Baba Yaga, through magnified vision, can easily make out the two men who don't belong here. One of them is an ork she doesn't recognize, but he looks Krubb what with his fancy Vashon Island suit and mirrorshades at night. The one you do recognize is wearing dark brown hiking boots, tan track pants, and an expensive longsleeve shirt that looks like the comfiest garment you've ever laid eyes on. A modest but expensive gold chain hangs around his neck. It's definitely Twine, in the flesh. This must be as serious as you've been told if the big man himself is willing to come down into the trenches.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <09-18-14/2055:54> »
Baba whistles low when she recognizes Twine, taking her Ballistic Mask off and stashing it in a jacket pocket. It was obvious she was going to have to enter this meet practically unarmed, especially with all the kids hanging about. Still, she barely ever showered without her Savalette Guardian, she wasn't about to walk into a meet without it on her person. The XM30, the claymore and the roomsweeper could stay in the car, however.

"Alright, showtime. Come on, Hornet. Time for our best behavior." Baba remarks, stepping out of the car and heading towards Twine.

"Twine, always a pleasure." Baba says in greeting, nodding to Twine once she's close enough to speak before looking to the other gentleman. "And Mr. Bellefonte, I would imagine?"