NEWS

[IC] Old Jack City- Redemption

• 104 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« on: <09-06-14/1550:48> »
[Big Slade's Truckstop, off I-10, just west of Jacksonville, Florida. November 5th, 2075, 10:56PM]

It's supposed to start cooling down by this time of year, but it never does. Tonight feels like you're swimming in a hot tub. The rain is just enough to make you need the windshield wipers, but not enough to keep them from screeching on the glass. It's been drizzling since 3:00 and even though the sun has been down for hours now, it's still over 90 degrees outside. Everything you own, wear, or touch is wet. Fucking swamp air smells horrible even when it ISN'T polluted, which around here, it is.

Big Slade's is more than a little terrifying for the uninitiated. This is the kind of place horror movies are filmed in. Everything in the entire parking lot is dingy from the daily rain and humid smelly air. Of the 20 or so pumps, maybe 3-5 of them still work, and each of them have a line of at least 3 or 4 cars, angrily waiting their turn for the precious gas. More than one little scuffle has broken out over who's taking too long or who's next in line over the hours. There's only one working light in the whole parking lot, near the working pumps. That, and the headlights from the customers are the only illumination at this point. The clouds of bugs swarming around them are TRULY impressive this far out in the country.

It's not THAT far, mind you. Still close enough to the city proper to be claimed as part of the Dixie Sisters territory, but not really close enough for there to be much city police intervention in anything, as it's still technically outside the city limits. It's a good place for a meet if you don't mind being deep in the territory of a violent inbred street gang, that is. Somewhere inside this filthy place full of rats, roaches, and probably worse, sits a blonde human with a red ballcap, blonde mustache, and mirrorshades. His name is Mr Johnson, and according to the message from One67, he has some decent paying work for you tonight. "A quick job, and an easy one, but one that absolutely cannot get fucked up. That's why he's willing to shell out for the heavy hitters. Meet him at 11:00." the message to Baba Yaga's comm had said. She got the message around 5:30 today, and called up the rest of the team right away. Time to make some money.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-06-14/2148:08> »
Baba saw the taxi when she pulled up, thinking it a bit suspicious as she headed to the truck stop to scope it out. She didn't like the looks of this one bit, but if this place was packing any kind of security, it didn't show it. There probably wasn't much to worry about, but even so, she didn't live to be as old as she was by not being careful. She decided to find a good vantage spot a distance away to park and wait for the meet, making sure to point her car in a place that gave the front facing camera a clear view of the truck stop, as well as the parked taxi. As she pulled the parking brake and killed the engine, she sent a few mental commands to her comm and pulled up a small ARO in the corner of her field of vision that was a direct feed to her Americar's sensors.

God damn, shit looked like she was filming from a potato. She made a mental note to set aside some nuyen for a sensor upgrade for the car. These stock cameras were terrible.

'It'll have to do for now. Won't see anything unless its big and obvious, but that's better than nothing.' She thought, shaking her head a bit at the feed. She turned to regard the line of cars for a moment, hoping none of that nonsense spilled her way once this meet started. A clever johnson would have hidden some backup among the rabble, some breeder in a trucker hat and a car that needed gas, with a big fraggin' gun in the trunk if things went sour. She didn't know how clever this johnson would turn out to be, so she made sure to keep her guard up. But as she sat and watched, the people came in and left as quickly as the lines allowed. Didn't mean his intended muscle wouldn't turn up closer to the meet time, but none of the bozos already here looked like they'd be any trouble.

As the clock kept ticking, and the taxi stuck around, she grew steadily more suspicious of it. Despite her age, her eyesight was as keen as ever, though some of that probably had to do with the fact she had cybereyes. She examined it pretty closely for a few minutes and scoffed a bit at what she saw. Somebody had a lookout on the meet, a lookout in a taxi with a running meter, over an hour before the meet was going to happen. She assumed it was the Johnson's backup, a combo of lookout and getaway, and she didn't like the look of it one bit. This Johnson had enough cash to blow on a taxi to sit idling for over an hour, but not enough to afford a better ride than a beat down taxi? It didn't make sense to her.

'This guy better not have blown all his cash on that damn taxi. Hell, I just might have to charge this asshole extra for dragging me out here.' She thought to herself, looking disdainfully at the area around her. She could smell the swamp air a little even inside her car, and she had little desire to deal with the mosquito infestation she could already feel crawling around her skin. Not for the first time, she was glad she had orthoskin. She'd like to see those little buggers bite through the bulletproof biofibers that made up her epidermis.

She turned her attention back toward the line of cars, wondering whether any of them were packing. How many of them were cybered? Who might have a piece stashed under the seat or in the trunk? She made a mental note to invest in a millimeter wave scanner. She used to have one, didn't she? Man, what happened to that thing? She had been at this job long enough that she had lost more gear than she still owned at this point. Was it in her old bulldog? Last time she saw that thing it was sinking to the bottom of a bog, and she remembered tossing the scanner in the glovebox once or twice. Oh well, didn't matter now. She'd have to buy a new one, regardless.

She checked the time, noticing that she had about 20 minutes, and the rest of her group should be turning up soon. A bit of anxiety ran through her as she thought about the girl, her baby girl, and what she could do. She wasn't sure what to think about her daughter being a shadowrunner. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, she supposed, and the fact she was awakened too. She absently glanced backwards, towards the trunk of the car, where the claymore was sitting in its sheath. She didn't know if magic was genetic, but her father had that weirdness in his veins. He would have been so damn proud.

Baba shook her head and frowned, grabbing her Savalette off the passenger seat and making sure it was loaded and ready. There was no point thinking about the past. She didn't have time to consider the future, either. It was the present she needed to worry about.

'Better see what this Johnson wants. Sooner I get out of this dump, the happier I'll be.' She thought to herself, holstering her gun before opening the door and stepping out into the grimy, swamp air. Her nostrils flared and she grimaced. She thought she had gotten used to the swamp smell by now, but this place had a special aroma of shit and swamp gas that was downright insulting to her senses.

>>Initialize Call
>>Contact: Hornet
>>Establishing Connection. . .

">Hornet, you read me? I need an ETA. We're 20 minutes to go, and I think Johnson's already waiting.<"
She thought the commands to her DNI, and the comm did the rest, her thoughts becoming audio on Hornet's end, though she had her Persona set up with a mechanized voice. She still had a subvocal mic, though it honestly felt a bit redundant to her, ever since she got the 'jack in her skull.

She stood by her car and waited for a reply, taking out a cigarette and lighting it to bide her time. The nicotine took the edge off, made it easier to handle the shaking. She had the Jazz on her, top left pocket, two poppers loaded and ready to go. She could almost taste it already, and her nerves were tingling in anticipation for her next dose, but she resisted. She took a long drag of tobacco smoke into her lungs and tried to steady her hands. She hadn't had a hit in almost a week. She'd been trying to cut back, only use it when she needed the edge in a fight, but the Jazz was in her blood. The withdrawal was going to start eating at her if she didn't take some soon.

She hoped she'd need to shoot something today. She wanted an excuse.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-06-14/2326:46> »
Quote from: Baba
>>Initialize Call
>>Contact: Hornet

">Hornet, you read me? I need an ETA. We're 20 minutes to go, and I think Johnson's already waiting.<"
Hornet is giving his Peugeot a workout when he receives Baba’s call, Fuck, meant to be there already. Piece of crap can of a car.

>>”Hey Baba, I’m 5 minutes out, this place still the same drekstain that I remember or did One actually set up a meet somewhere that a chemical seal isn’t mandatory equipment? Not a bad idea to be on the lookout for Dixies by the way, been some rumblings around them lately, don’t know how stable they are right now."

As Hornet sidles into the parking lot around 5 mins later he calls up Baba again.
>>”Hey, where you parked? I’d rather our rides kept each other company while we’re inside."

Hornet then parks as close to Baba’s car as space allows, checks himself one last time in the rearview mirror and then steps out to walk over to Baba, then in the most cloying tones he can muster he says "Well hello there sweetheart, what’s a girl like you doin’ all by her lonesome in a place like this?"

"Fixing to break something smaller than me."
At the unusually gruff reply to Hornet’s ‘amorous’ advances he dials it back immediately, "Jeez, the kid has gotten you wound up real tight hasn’t she? She still staying with that odd elf fellow? Just stay frosty and don’t kill the Johnson from sheer frustration, alright? I’ll back you up against anyone else though." Hornet can’t keep the grin of his face as he delivers the last remark, he and Baba both know that any situation where she’ll have to rely on backup in a fight from him is a situation in which they’ll be proper fucked.

Deciding to try and get Baba’s head in the familiar runner groove, Hornet pops up an AR street map of the area. "How familiar are you with this place? If we need to make a speedy exit we can take this exit here to the east. We’ll need to go against traffic for a second but then there is this short cut where the rail is broken that’ll put us right on the 295 heading north. Also like I said, the Dixies seem to be having some sort of leadership crisis so that is something to be aware of as well. You got an ETA on the kid?"
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-14/0007:29> »
At the unusually gruff reply to Hornet’s ‘amorous’ advances he dials it back immediately, "Jeez, the kid has gotten you wound up real tight hasn’t she? She still staying with that odd elf fellow?"

Baba sighs, taking another drag from her cigarette and massaging her temple with her free hand.

"As far as I know. Boy gives her comfort, at least, but I hope to hell there's nothing more than that going on between 'em. Her father would have shat a brick..." She trails off a bit, instantly regretting bringing up Athena's father, and quickly changes the subject.

"The jury's still out on how this whole thing between us is gonna play out. Right now, I think she's afraid of me. Probably smart of her. I'd be afraid of me, too." She mutters, continuing to smoke.

"Just stay frosty and don’t kill the Johnson from sheer frustration, alright? I’ll back you up against anyone else though."

Baba chuckles at that. Francis backing her up in a jam? Yeah, that'd be the day. Not to sell the man short, but she was pretty sure she could throw a gun more effectively than Francis could shoot one.

"How familiar are you with this place? If we need to make a speedy exit we can take this exit here to the east. We’ll need to go against traffic for a second but then there is this short cut where the rail is broken that’ll put us right on the 295 heading north. Also like I said, the Dixies seem to be having some sort of leadership crisis so that is something to be aware of as well. You got an ETA on the kid?"

She tosses the cigarette to the ground and crushes it under her boot, making a fist and willing her fingers to stop shaking. It was time to get professional.

"You know this part of town better than I do. If we need to bail, that shortcut of yours looks good. I'd rather not have to murder some Dixies tonight, but if they start something, you can bet I'll be the one finishing it." She looks towards the truck stop, wondering where exactly they'd end up finding the Johnson.

"Haven't heard from my girl yet. Don't know how punctual they plan to be. Might have to have a chat with Johnson before they show up." Baba replies.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-14/0809:56> »
"You know this part of town better than I do. If we need to bail, that shortcut of yours looks good. I'd rather not have to murder some Dixies tonight, but if they start something, you can bet I'll be the one finishing it." She looks towards the truck stop, wondering where exactly they'd end up finding the Johnson.

"Haven't heard from my girl yet. Don't know how punctual they plan to be. Might have to have a chat with Johnson before they show up." Baba replies.
Hornet carefully avoids making any note of Baba having a slight case of the shakes, knowing full well that when it came time to throw down she’d be on point. "Appreciate that but let’s not stir up that hornet’s nest of inbred maniacs unless we absolutely have to. How ‘bout you shoot her a text asking for a status report and unless they’re just moments away we’ll head in to find this Johnson of ours?"
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-07-14/1750:36> »
Baba nods, diving her focus as she thinks the command at her Commlink. That strange feeling of anxious nerves comes back again as she thinks how best to word her text.

>>Send Message
>>Contact: Baby Girl
>>"Do you have an ETA?"

She frowns for a moment, but sends the message anyway before looking at Francis.

"Just sent her a message. We'll see if she responds or if we do this part ourselves." She explains simply.

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <09-08-14/1308:41> »
Athena laces up her boots and heads out the door. She's been watching Zippy do a check on Taco and load up what he needs now. She could see he had a lot on his mind. His conversations with himself were always more animated when he was at war with himself. Something had him agitated. Maybe the meet with Johnson. Maybe with Baba Yaga. Maybe Francis. He was all right for the most part, but he just didn't keep it together around people much.

Getting into the passenger seat, she closed the Korean made door a little hard. It had that cheap sound as it closed. A door too light not fitting just right. Cheap. The price was right at least.

She sunk back into the seat and made herself as small as possible, pulling one of the knives from her brace. She tried flicking it around her fingers. A nervous habit she had.

Yay, off to meet mom...

She didn't know what she had been expecting when she had met her mom, but it wasn't that. There was no tearful reunion. No empathy for what she had gone through. Nothing.

Maybe that's why orks were so violent. No wondering people think we need to be killing them off...

She shook those thoughts free as her eyes puffed up and images of a knife flicking over throats danced behind her eyes. Most orks had died on their knees, but almost all had looked her in the eyes as they died. There was never any doubt what they thought in those moments. A young ork girl killing for the Humanis. The betrayal. She hadn't told her mom about that. She wasn't sure she ever would. Someone as hard as Baba wouldn't even hesitate to kill her over something like that. Unlike Athena's kills, she would be completely justified in it.

This line of thought was always ugly. She put her earphones in and popped some music on. It looked like it would be a quiet trip for her. As Zippy climbed into Taco, she shifted her attention to the window, watching the world go by...
Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-08-14/1519:23> »
Zippy had spent most of the day in the garage with his friends because needed their support tonight. Zippy didn't care much for the missions. He preferred to stay away from guns, and he hated to see people getting hurt. He especially didn't like being the one doing the hurting. The runs have kept everybody fed with a roof over their heads though, and it's been one way for Athena and Baba spend time together.

Athena was ready well before time to go, and it took a moment for Zippy to notice her there. His face lightened a little and he waved at Athena when he noticed her arrival. "Hi! Did you get bored? Sorry. I've been in here all day, haven't I... Are you ready? I'm not. I was just talking to Growlie. He's nervous. He never likes seeing us go out on these missions. He doesn't want us to get hurt, ya know? Zippy stopped there and looked over at Taco's open trunk for a moment. "But he knows this is part of our lives now."

Zippy walked over to Growlie and touched it between the handlebars and rubbed it a little like someone might pet a dog's head. He stared at Growlie for a moment before he started talking again. "No, we have to go chummer. Baba and that fancy man are waiting for us." He paused another moment and smiled a little. "I know you want to go, but Athena is coming too. We're going to ride with Taco this time. You stay here with Gale and Bronco. I know you like Gale!. You guys have fun while we're gone, ok?"

Zippy's face scrunched up a little and he looked a bit anxious again. "Everything's going to be ok! We've done this before, remember? Athena's mom is strong and she scares people. The fancy man keeps us out of a lot of trouble too. If Athena and her mom can't stop them, then I'll just push everyone into Taco and drive us away safely!"

Getting into the passenger seat, she closed the Korean made door a little hard. It had that cheap sound as it closed. A door too light not fitting just right. Cheap. The price was right at least.

Zippy heard the door slam and let out a little sigh. I need to look into that. Taco can't be happy getting his doors slammed all the time. Maybe I'll talk to Juan tomorrow. I have a hard time talking to Taco sometimes, but Juan always knows what to do. "Right." He got up and walked over to Taco and asked him how he was doing. "¿Cómo estás amigo? I uh...er.."  Zippy shrugged. "Let me finish loading you up and we'll roll out."

Most of Zippy's gear was already loaded up, but he still had to load up his guns. The spot where his weaponry is kept was actually cleverly recessed into the wall, and a portion of the wall slid down to grant access if you sent it the correct passcode. It'd probably be simple for a decker to hack, but it was convenient feature for zippy because it kept the guns out of sight and out of mind.

Zippy pulled out his comm and accessed the program he needed to open his hidden wall safe.

>Secure Safe Systems
 >>Send Access Code
  >>>MEZ10262018

He then walked to the wall and clicked send. Zippy waved his phone in front of the safe and heard the beep that signified the wall slide had received the signal. He grabbed both guns and checked to make sure that each gun's safety was turned on before placing them carefully in the trunk. Spare ammo was kept in the bottom drawer of his toolbox, so he grabbed his remaining ammo out of the drawer and placed it in trunk as well.

With that, Zippy closed the trunk door and yelled, "Vamanos!" He climbed into Taco and smiled at Athena. "We're running a little late." He smilled real big then and started the engine. "But that's OK. We'll still be a few minutes early!" He pulled out his comm and clicked the program that sent the automatic door opener the signal to open. While it was still opening he quickly pulled up his digital map of Jacksonville and used it and his existing knowledge to mentally plot the quickest route to the truck stop. He had to go with the third quickest route because he wasn't on a bike, but he was confident that the two would still make it to the meet early.

As soon as the door had opened far enough for taco to make it out, Zippy floored it and Athena and he hurtled towards the meet. Zippy felt much more comfortable being back on the road and behind the wheel. He wasn't quite calm, but he wasn't so agitated for the moment. He chatted the whole way there, and he didn't seem too concerned with how quiet Athena was. He knew the best thing he could do was be there, smile and talk like he always did. She'd listen if she wanted to.

True to his word, Zippy and Athena made it to the meet just a few minutes early. He didn't like the look of the place, though. It was dark, and there were so many people. They were all arguing and fighting too. He parked Taco near near the others and killed the lights.

Zippy stepped out and waved at Baba. "Hi, Baba! We made it. We left late, but it was ok. Taco got us here on time." Zippy gave Taco a pat after that. "Athena's here too!" Zippy turned and pointed at Athena and then beckoned her over with his hand. "Come on, Baba's here!." Zippy turned and looked at Hornet and looked down at the ground. "Oh...hi, Hornet."
« Last Edit: <09-08-14/2147:08> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-08-14/2141:48> »
Almost as soon as Baba sent the message, Zippy pulled up in the weird beat up sedan he called 'Taco' with her baby in the passenger seat.

Baba just looks at Zippy with a look between confusion and annoyance. She was fairly certain that he's got a few screws loose, if he even has any screws left at all.

'Only thing holding that kid's brain together is rust around the seams.' She thinks to herself. There wasn't time for chit chat, though.

>>Initialize Network Call
>>Contacts: Hornet, Baby Girl, Zippy
>>Encrypting Signal. . .done

">Alright, let's get this underway. We have a Johnson somewhere in that truckstop. According to One67, he should be a blonde guy, with a baseball cap and mirror shades. Money should be good, so lets not keep him waiting.<"
Baba just walks towards the truck stop without saying a word, the synthesized voice of her matrix persona doing the talking for her directly into the comms of her three companions. She steels herself and puts on a serious look, walking with a purpose and a palpable aura of professionalism.

Time to get down to business.

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-08-14/2235:10> »
Baba turned arround shortly after Zippy stepped out of Taco and waved at her. Zippy stutter stepped and started after her when she stepped away, and he received the comm call as she walked off.

>Incoming Conference Call
 >>Baba, Fancy man, Athena
  >>>Answer

">Alright, let's get this underway. We have a Johnson somewhere in that truckstop. According to One67, he should be a blonde guy, with a baseball cap and mirror shades. Money should be good, so lets not keep him waiting.<"[/font]

As Baba finished speaking, Zippy slowed down. He glanced from her, to the crowd at the pumps, back at Taco, to the rest of the group, and finally back at Baba Yaga. Then he stopped and spoke into his transceiver. "Uh..I.. Taco feels a little uneasy. He doesn't like the crowd over there. Um..I'm going to stay with Taco. I'll let the Fancy..uh Hornet do all the talking. If I have a question I'll text him...Will you send me a video feed of the meeting Baba?"

With that, Zippy turned around and looked sheepishly at the ground as he walked around the others back towards Taco. He smiled a weak little smile at Athena as he passed by. When he got back to Taco he popped the trunk and pulled out his 950 and a box of rounds. He pocketed 10 of the rounds in case he had to go on foot. If this guy tricks us, I'll make sure everyone's safe. I can do this... He climbed back into Taco, rested the rifle in the passenger side floorboard, and waited.

Zippy reached into the back seat and put his helmet on, and then he closed his eyes. He took a few deep breaths and let them out slowly while mentally counting down from 10 to 1. When he opened his eyes, Taco was quiet. The crowd still unnerved him, but as long as no one made a move towards the car, he focused solely on the feeds he was getting from his Comm. He was ready to snatch up his rifle at a moments notice or peel out and pick up the team. Whatever was needed, Zippy would be there. He took one more breath and flipped the visor down.
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/1343:46> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Laereth

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-09-14/0209:06> »
Athena stepped out of the car after arrival and took one earphone out to listen. She had realized by the look on her mom's face that this was not going to be a bonding moment. She slipped the knife back into the brace without looking and popped her earphone back in, activating the microphone on her commlink to listen to the environment around her. She glances at Hornet and then took a moment to calm herself. As she was trained to do, she dropped active counterspelling down on everyone and switched her perception to the astral plane. She had trained herself to maintain astral perception for long periods to watch for hostile magic.

Mom may not be warm and friendly, but at least she is present.

She falls in between Hornet and Baba, trying to look like she belongs.

Etiquette to fit in:
3d6t5: 0 [3d6t5=2, 2, 4]

Thought
Speech    
Astral
Matrix
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-09-14/0220:25> »
Big Slade's isn't quite as nasty inside as the exterior would lead you to believe, although the whole place does REEK of cigarettes. The door chime announces your arrival and none of the patrons seem to look up, each being too involved in their own business to care. Athena gets a couple odd looks from one or two truckers, but none that linger long enough to invite scrutiny. Off to the left of the entrance is a small counter with a grill, where several questionable looking foods are prepared and sold by a pair of middle aged dwarf women. To the right, shelves of various truck stop type products; chips, candy, motor oil, etc. Between them, a few feet back from the entrance is a small dining area with about 20 tiny tables with booths. Maybe 6 of them have someone sitting at them. A jukebox plays a lively country/rock/pop/dance tune that was popular about 6 years ago, but no one is dancing or even really nodding their heads. Dreary would be the best word to describe the place, all in all.

Facing away from you, you spot the red ballcap on the head of a man at one of the booths and approach him. His blonde hair and mustache can be seen as you get around the side and by the time he turns to face the three of you, the look of recognition on his face assures you that this is the man you're looking for. On the table sits a pair of mirrorshades. He's a human, who looks to be in his mid 30's wearing a brown jacket, blue jeans with holes in the knees and worn scuffed cowboy boots. An ashtray with about 10 cigarette butts in it sits on the table, as does a cup of coffee.

"Set down." he spits almost like one word, thick with his swamp-billy accent. Once the three of you are seated, he looks a tiny bit spooked as he does a bit of math. Then, directed at Baba Yaga, "Ah thought there's four a yeh. The fuck're yew trahna to pull, Bob?" He speaks quickly and quietly. That combined with his thick accent makes it more than a little tough to understand him. His left hand is in the pocket of his jacket at the moment.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-09-14/0247:23> »

>>Initiate Video Stream. . .
>>Contact: Zippy
>>Sending Stream

Baba quickly sends a few commands to her DNI and streams a visual to Zippy of everything her Cybereyes are seeing, including her own AROs and commands. The stream from her Americar's sensors is still in the bottom corner of her vision and she glances at it briefly before headed into the Truck Stop, walking with purpose. She keeps an eye out, looking everyone over for any weapons or cyber, before focusing her attention on the Johnson.

Perception Check: Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Visual 2 + Vision Enhancement 2: 16d6t5 10 8 Hit Limit

Baba sits with a stern look still on her face, eying the Johnson up and down. Zippy would be able to see the way her vision passes him over, lingering on any weapons he may have on him, or anything else she deems worth her notice. She does this quickly though, before looking him in the eye.

"Ah thought there's four a yeh. The fuck're yew trahna to pull, Bob?"

Baba looks at him with a neutral expression that bordered on a frown, looking almost put off for having to respond to such a stupid question.

"He's waiting in the car. If you got a problem with that, I don't care. I came here to talk business, so let's get down to it, shall we?" She states simply, opening her arms a bit in an invitation to start speaking.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-09-14/0301:55> »
@Ryo, pretty much everyone in here is packing something, though most are unarmored. No one appears to have any overt combat chrome or more than one weapon. Of the weapons, most are pistols. You're pretty sure the bald biker's girlfriend has a roomsweeper in her purse, but she's too busy inhaling her scambled "eggs" to look like a threat. The more you look around, the safer you feel here. These are just regular people with regular jobs, trying to make it and not get fucked with.

Baba looks at him with a neutral expression that bordered on a frown, looking almost put off for having to respond to such a stupid question.

"He's waiting in the car. If you got a problem with that, I don't care. I came here to talk business, so let's get down to it, shall we?" She states simply, opening her arms a bit in an invitation to start speaking.

He nods his head quickly. "Fair nuff." He takes his hand out of his pocket, bringing with it a battered meta-link with a faded wood grain decal on it. Sliding it across the table, he says "Burn job. Gotta be done by 5am tenaht. 25k a head. E'erything else's own the link. Deal?"
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-09-14/0309:50> »
He nods his head quickly. "Fair nuff." He takes his hand out of his pocket, bringing with it a battered meta-link with a faded wood grain decal on it. Sliding it across the table, he says "Burn job. Gotta be done by 5am tenaht. 25k a head. E'erything else's own the link. Deal?"

Baba stares at him a moment, wondering if he was actually going to say something coherent before realizing that was too much to ask for. She wasn't sure if he was offering to pay each of them 25k, or if he was implying that she was going to have to 'burn' some people, and that he was going to give her 25k per dead guy. The latter sounded like a swell job to her, but she doubted this bumpkin could afford that. It was probably the first one. So what did he mean by a 'Burn' job?

"I'm gonna have to check the 'link for details before I agree to that price, unless you want to be more forthcoming yourself." Baba replies, reaching for the commlink with her eye on the Johnson, seeing if he intends to stop her.