NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #510 on: <10-21-14/1447:24> »
It's all getting a bit dystopian... at least I hope that I'm portraying that flavour... this circus is a little more than it seems on the surface (no surprise there really right?!?)...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #511 on: <10-21-14/1453:31> »
@CT

It's all getting a bit dystopian... at least I hope that I'm portraying that flavour... this circus is a little more than it seems on the surface (no surprise there really right?!?)...

I like it!

So, in response to the clown giving us a hard time, I will perform my action and shoot him. I'm assuming I am most likely going first (although maybe not), but hell, it will be fun watching his companions looks of (hopefully) horror.

To reiterate, here was my action. I'll hold off on the IC post until I get the result of whether I killed this crazy clown or not.

Initiative: 15+3d6 30

Damn, just below 4 passes.

Action Pass 1 on Initiative 30:
Simple Action - Take Aim at the first Clown I see (+1 to Attack Roll)
Free Action - Call a shot to Vitals (-4 modifier to the shot, +2 DV as per page 196 of the Core Book of SR5) - For flavor, I think I'll put it located at his heart; a messy and terrifying wound to look at.
Simple Action - Shoot Enfield AS-7 in BF mode at the Clown - 11 Agility + Longarms 6 + 1 for Take Aim + 2 for Smartlink - 4 for Called Shot = 16 dice to Attack.

Shooting Enfield AS-7 at the first clown I see: 16d6t5 8 [5, 4, 1, 3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4] - Limited to 7 hits due to Accuracy.

The Clown takes a -2 penalty to his defense test, but not to the soak roll. DV 15P + Net hits, AP -5. 3 APDS rounds used in 24 round drum. 21 remaining in drum, 47 remaining total.

--------------

Speaking of drums, I spent 5 nuyen per drum as if it were a clip. A drum may be more expensive if you choose it to be. Whatever the cost, can I retroactively pay it so that I have drums for the shotgun?

Also, a lot of those numbers are just for me to keep track of ammunition, so that I can track my expenses and if I'm going to run out of ammo. They are not 100% necessary to the shot.

Edit: Another question to add. How long does it take to reset Progressive Recoil for this game? Normally it's a full Action Pass without shooting, which is fine by me. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any houserules.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #512 on: <10-21-14/1526:52> »
You're shooting burst fire at a clown behind a hostage???  I grant you I wasn't exactly clear about where everyone was in my rush to get an OoC/IC going... in the spirit of being overly generous (and covering up for the lack of description) I'll let you choose one who was reaching for a hostage rather than actually having one...so scratch one clown, more gore ensues, please do IC!

Drums and clips aren't a big priority for me so I will say for now they cost the same as a clip, they are certainly insignificant when compared to effectively 1000 nuyen per post!

No houserules...as this game was intended to allow multiple GMs it seemed easier to stick to RAW as far as reasonably possible...

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #513 on: <10-21-14/1532:22> »
Just to be clear, the errata and posts from freelancers have made clear that progressive recoil is cancelled if you take another action between shooting in a given pass. So, if you use a Complex Action 6-round Long Burst during your first IP, then you can Take Aim (Simple Action) and fire a 3-round Short Burst (Simple Action) during a second IP and not suffer from progressive recoil. If you were to then fire another Complex Action 6-round Long Burst in your 3rd IP, you would be suffering from the progressive recoil attributed to the 3-round burst since you didn't take an action between the two to cancel Progressive Recoil.
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/1534:19> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #514 on: <10-21-14/1620:53> »
@Aria - since your IC has referenced the speech I suggested in the OOC thread, I will just retcon it into my previous IC post for the sake of flow.

Next IC post is just fluff - though you've already ruled the juryrig a success, it likely won't be finished or game relevant until the whole combat is done.

But this Meg character is starting to creep Al out! She didn't seem like much of a threat before (and he has no idea about her connection with the seer), but now he's getting a bit wary of her…and yet with the rig about to run aground in a few seconds, he can do little but keep working and talk...

8-bit

« Reply #515 on: <10-21-14/1640:32> »
You're shooting burst fire at a clown behind a hostage???  I grant you I wasn't exactly clear about where everyone was in my rush to get an OoC/IC going... in the spirit of being overly generous (and covering up for the lack of description) I'll let you choose one who was reaching for a hostage rather than actually having one...so scratch one clown, more gore ensues, please do IC!

Drums and clips aren't a big priority for me so I will say for now they cost the same as a clip, they are certainly insignificant when compared to effectively 1000 nuyen per post!

No houserules...as this game was intended to allow multiple GMs it seemed easier to stick to RAW as far as reasonably possible...

Oh, oops. I thought the hostages were like tied up, do you mean the clown is like physically holding a hostage in front of him to protect his body? Classic movie style? That makes more sense.

I will get an IC up saying that I shot one of the other clowns I guess, unless you want me to reroll the shot to shoot the very small target of his head that would not be covered by the hostage. Next time, I'll make sure to get all the details sorted out before shooting someone, sorry about that.

Edit: I guess I should note that burst fire is still fairly controlled due to the Gas-Vent 3 System, Foregrip, and Ghost's training. The Shotgun is also shooting slugs, which means that it's just as precise as a pistol shot, which is pretty accurate if fired well. You are right about the whole hostage thing though; gah, I feel like I screwed up so much.
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/1653:50> by 8-bit »

8-bit

« Reply #516 on: <10-21-14/1708:38> »
All right, IC is up. I tried to keep it fairly short and to the point, as combat is a fairly frenzied fest of emotions and actions that is note exactly conducive to long conversations. I took a little bit of leeway and had Ghost speak, even though I didn't have any actions left. If you want, I'll edit the post and remove the short speech that was in there.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #517 on: <10-21-14/1730:36> »
Style over substance every time :)

And don't worry about the shooting thing, as I said, my fault for not being clear. I appreciate players taking on some of the story, helps flow in pbp which is in danger of being soooo slow :P

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #518 on: <10-21-14/2302:09> »
Here's my skeleton of a background so far.

Born in Denver, Father left at an early age, raised by mother, was introduced by mother to Tialli Ichtaca, head of the Aztec religion in Denver. Mother died of violent causes, Alicia found refuge with the Aztec's, at some point realized she was awakened and was approached by the Snake. Having a thirst for knolwedge, she left Denver and began to work. Recently hitched a ride on a carnival train.

I'll flesh it out later, just wnated to make sure the skelton was good. Also, I realize that besides Spirits, my character isn't going to really be a combative character, is that a problem?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

8-bit

« Reply #519 on: <10-21-14/2315:22> »

Born in Denver, Father left at an early age, raised by mother, was introduced by mother to Tialli Ichtaca, head of the Aztec religion in Denver. Mother died of violent causes, Alicia found refuge with the Aztec's, at some point realized she was awakened and was approached by the Snake. Having a thirst for knolwedge, she left Denver and began to work. Recently hitched a ride on a carnival train.

I'll flesh it out later, just wnated to make sure the skelton was good. Also, I realize that besides Spirits, my character isn't going to really be a combative character, is that a problem?

Not a problem at all. As long as you don't feel left out during combat scenes, I'm sure we will find a way to get you interacting and roleplaying.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #520 on: <10-22-14/1714:58> »
Anyone else want to pitch in?  Otherwise I'll start on the next IC tomorrow...you might want to have thinned their ranks a tad before I do  8)

8-bit

« Reply #521 on: <10-22-14/1722:52> »
Well, I have no idea what Initiative everyone is acting on, so I can't exactly act out of order. Otherwise, sure, if the clowns aren't going to back down yet, I'll keep shooting them.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #522 on: <10-22-14/1752:29> »
Yeah, until we know what the initiative order is, its really hard to properly plan the combat turns. As it is, it's probably going to take me two turns just to find and locate an icon to act against so it won't affect me much but it would be really good to get a full combat order made up for your own clarity as much as everyone elses
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #523 on: <10-22-14/1918:30> »

Not a problem at all. As long as you don't feel left out during combat scenes, I'm sure we will find a way to get you interacting and roleplaying.

Combat is what Spirits are for.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #524 on: <10-22-14/1955:05> »
Ghost and Luz seem to be giving up no momentum it seems.

Luz will Take Aim (DP Bonus) and Push the Limit of her first Automatics roll, declaring a semi-auto shot to the vitals (brain pan).
14d6: [14d6=3, 5, 2, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2 Link =7 5 Hits
Push the Limit Edge Roll (5 -4DP for Called Shot, +1 for Exploding Dice on previous roll) 2d6t5: [2d6t5=6, 2] Link = +1 Hit

So 8 6 hits (unless you want a fresh roll considering it's edged) From the M23  (9P, -2AP) +2 DV for Vitals.

Out of curiosity, why did the title of this game thread change?
« Last Edit: <10-22-14/2013:58> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting