NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #390 on: <09-30-14/1602:10> »
Just FYI - "Lucifer" no doubt refers to Green Lucifer, regional leader of the Ancients.

Of course, Al can't hear the conversation, so no way to help out with that info…I think he's pretty well known in Seattle, though.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #391 on: <09-30-14/1656:13> »
Gold star for Al...if he cared about such things...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #392 on: <10-01-14/0201:30> »
And what is Oblique ready to pay? ^^

Yeah, I was pretty sure, Lucifer woul be their boss. But... I thought the metaphors were fitting ;)

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #393 on: <10-01-14/0812:07> »
Well... I'm gone till sunday with no internet nearby...
Richter would do his best to convince the Ancients that the performance as a "gift" for Lucifer plus the repaired bikes an a little bit of Reagents(1k drams?) should be enough to let us pass.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #394 on: <10-01-14/0843:53> »
Lol screw the bikes. Karma is a bitch.

"What happened to your bikes? Better call AAA".
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #395 on: <10-01-14/1152:25> »
I'm pretty sure this is going to devolve into a throwdown, even with our charismatic (leaders?) speakers. I find it highly unlikely that Oblique will cough up 50 thousand nuyen worth of reagents, and the Ancients are clearly pretty pissed off. I mean, this would be the best situation to fight in; they are split into two groups that both have extremely limited mobility, while we can see (or think we can see) all of them and can start shooting at the first signal.

Not that we would ever fight of course. Just pointing out that if we do, we have, in my mind, some pretty beneficial conditions.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #396 on: <10-01-14/1157:57> »
i know, i'm currently lolling at the idea that they hire a stack of people to protect them, then they cave straight away and begin asking their employer to cough up further for protection.
At present, what are we even achieving as protection? :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #397 on: <10-01-14/1200:41> »
i know, i'm currently lolling at the idea that they hire a stack of people to protect them, then they cave straight away and begin asking their employer to cough up further for protection.
At present, what are we even achieving as protection? :-)

I don't know. Ghost is all ready to fight (he's been incredibly bored just patrolling the trains), but he's not going to start firing when others want to try and negotiate something.

Currently, we haven't yet pissed off the entire gang of the Ancients and have not yet started a war with them that will last through most of this trip and beyond. Yet.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #398 on: <10-01-14/1202:02> »
<Shrug> I figure a protection crew is hired to provide advice and assistance to get form Point A to Point B in one piece. That may include making judgement calls at the appropriate points on paying tribute to powerful forces. If a dragon had showed up blocking the road, are we shooting it?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #399 on: <10-01-14/1205:53> »
<Shrug> I figure a protection crew is hired to provide advice and assistance to get form Point A to Point B in one piece. That may include making judgement calls at the appropriate points on paying tribute to powerful forces. If a dragon had showed up blocking the road, are we shooting it?

That depends on it's age and hardened armor value ...

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #400 on: <10-01-14/1409:59> »

lol, if we have a battery of railguns....maybe?! :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #401 on: <10-01-14/1503:13> »

They have an example in the hardened armor section of someone damaging a (very) young dragon with a damn pistol. APDS Rounds on an Ares Desert Strike is a total of -8 AP. More if I take a Bulls-Eye/Double Tab called shot; depending on how you interpret it, I can get -16 AP. They would need a whopping 27 Hardened Armor if I get 0 net hits to be able to completely block that shot. Hardened armor doesn't do anything if it's on the low end of the scale.

So, I don't know about everyone else, but I could probably damage one. The age and hardened armor value would be my only limiting factor against a dragon.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #402 on: <10-01-14/1521:10> »
Well we need Oblique's decision to move on. For all we know he's already planning to trade some of the cargo to Lucifer.

Still, they can eat me on the bikes.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #403 on: <10-01-14/1534:28> »

They have an example in the hardened armor section of someone damaging a (very) young dragon with a damn pistol. APDS Rounds on an Ares Desert Strike is a total of -8 AP. More if I take a Bulls-Eye/Double Tab called shot; depending on how you interpret it, I can get -16 AP. They would need a whopping 27 Hardened Armor if I get 0 net hits to be able to completely block that shot. Hardened armor doesn't do anything if it's on the low end of the scale.

So, I don't know about everyone else, but I could probably damage one. The age and hardened armor value would be my only limiting factor against a dragon.

Er, and the battery of spirits, quickened spells etc that even the smallest dragon would have available to them...!  Trust me, I made the mistake way back in SR2 of letting my players best a minor dragon, never again :D

I'd agree with that...he's not going to cough up 50K but IC on the way to keep you moving...

Trust me, the threat coming your way is going to be a damn sight more significant than ten out gunned gangers   8)
« Last Edit: <10-01-14/1536:21> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #404 on: <10-01-14/1544:59> »
hahaha, well last time I checked, you can't hack dragons. so i know what morgan would do :-) RUN!!!!!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor