NEWS

Daisy-Chaining Devices, or How to be a Rigging Decker

• 3 Replies

Zastrozzi

• Newb
« on: <06-07-14/1339:51> »
Alright, so my current concept is to run a bit of a jack-of-all-trades character who is primarily a Decker, but also has a control rig and some utility drones. I really like the idea of hacking other people's vehicles and drones and using them against them,

The issue is that a Rigger wants to connect to the matrix through a RCC, while a Decker wants to use a deck. If I'm planning on being about 75% decker, would I be able to slave the RCC to my deck to get the best of both worlds? By my reading of the rules, a slaved RCC would still provide noise cancelling, sharing.
and parallel connections, but I'd be giving up the ability to jump from drone to drone without jumping out first.

In return, I can leave the comparatively huge RCC in the car and still have drones to provide overwatch and guard my back while I'm VR surfing and the rest of the crew is running elsewhere. Could I hack someone else's drone and connect it to the RCC network so it can benefit from the autosoft sharing? Do I have the whole thing wrong?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-07-14/1418:04> »
You can only form your persona on one device.
You need to reboot your deck if you want to form your persona on the RCC and vise verse.

If you want your persona to have attack and sleaze ratings you need to form your persona on the deck.

If you want to send the same message to multiple drones at once, jump between devices without first jumping out to VR or benefit from the noise reduction when you take matrix actions then you need to form your persona on the RCC.

You can probably still form a persona on a deck but slave your drones to a RCC (that share autosofts and cyberprograms with the autopilot programs running on your drones).

Booze

• Chummer
  • Johny Walker, the street name Booze came by itself
« Reply #2 on: <06-07-14/1418:19> »
Sadly i think there is no rules about it. If I remember right there was something like "You can have only one matrix persona at a time", but still it does not give a clear anwser.

But, there is no problem slaving a comlink to comlink or comlink to deck or comlink to rcc... The problem is there is no slaving comlink/deck/rcc to living persona. As i mostly play mancer in 5th ed. But if I am wrong i would gladly hear it  ;)

EDIT: I see Xenon was faster with the anwser.
« Last Edit: <06-07-14/1421:20> by Booze »
Booze's VU93 Profile
Im From EU, so my time zone is +7 from forum time, when you sleep I read ;)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <06-09-14/0828:37> »
A device is either a Master or a Slave. It cannot be both. You cannot slave the RCC to the Deck and still slave Drones to the RCC, meaning you cannot access the Noise Cancelling, Sharing and parallel commands functionalities of the RCC.

There's nothing, as far as I know, preventing you from commanding the RCC from the Matrix with your Persona made on your Deck, but you cannot daisy-chain slaving mechanisms.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!