NEWS

[SR5] All About Matrix Perception

• 63 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-06-13/1654:54> »
I don't think there's any reason you couldn't attempt to filter based on a piece of information - like looking for a pair of cybereyes that may or may not be present.

I'd agree with that.

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <09-06-13/1754:52> »
Sounds good to me. And to poor old Pete, of course!

This was pretty much the scenario we've had in our tutorial run two weeks back. Pete, aka Void, a guinea pig Technomancer in MCTs Hong Kong Research Lab is taking part in the Great Escape back in 2070, tried to hack the Cybereyes of a guy next room he's seen when we was wheeled past him for his testing.

I went along the same route you guys laid out there and Void (or to be precise, his Fault Sprite) did just that. Scan-searched for Cybereyes, marked them with 3 Marks and shut them down for good. Now he's facing the rest of the Security Guards running around with Tasers and Pistols, chasing him and his buddies.

Thanks guys!

One follow-up question: Being a high security Anti-Technomancer lab, nearly all of the security, including the wheelchair drone run on wired connections with no WiFi Matrix present in the lab. If Void manages to aquire the CommLink of Bob, could he potentially use the universal data cable to plug it into the next work station and open up a WiFi connection for him and his Technomancer buddies? Otherwise, it's pretty much impossible for Technomancers to hack a no WiFi Complex.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #62 on: <09-06-13/1942:17> »
Be nice and let them find a data tap somewhere.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-06-13/2056:54> »
Also, they could hack manually into a device and turn wireless on. Or force someone to do it. /shrug