NEWS

Into the Chaos (OOC)

• 974 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #450 on: <12-19-16/0251:38> »
As far as I know, that's wrong on two counts:
1) You may spot anything from any grid to any grid. The only difficulty is that you have a -2d if it involves different grids, and another -2d if one of the two grids is the Public one. A single net hit on a Matrix Perception roll allows you to know on which grid an icon is.
2) Hosts are on all Grids at once, but are not grids by themselves. While it's true that you can't see anything inside a Host from the outside, it's only for personas and files in there. Devices are, by definition, outside the Host. They may be slaved to it, but they exist outside of it. Hence, they are visible from outside the Host. The Host may try to hide them (Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] vs Sleaze + Logic thing), but it's not automatic.

Maybe it's something from old editions?
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #451 on: <12-22-16/1807:21> »
I'm not sure if this would alert the system but I'm sure my character would know.  But if jacking directly into the RCCs wouldn't alert the system I'll check out the host(s) to see what's in it/them

To access the Host, you need Marks: the RCC has none. The Persona, which was the result of the couple {RCC, Decker} had some, but without the Decker, no Persona, no Marks.
Since the RCC is directly connected to the Host it's probably not too difficult to get access to it, but it won't be a legitimate access in any case.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #452 on: <12-22-16/1809:25> »
Even if I jack into it directly?  Then it will be up to Wheely to get the info, all I have is bruteforce.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #453 on: <12-22-16/1811:03> »
If you Jack in directly, you form a new Persona (if you drop the one you currently have with your Deck /  'link). And that Persona doesn't have Marks.
If you just use the device (without forming the Persona), then you're just directly connected to the RCC, nothing more.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #454 on: <12-23-16/0143:03> »
There are wounded riggers connected to each RCC - you can directly connect t the RCC and sleaze/brute force a mark on the RCC and then try to understand what the rigger sees. 

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #455 on: <12-26-16/1143:52> »
Took me awhile but I finally found some artwork to show what Ayato looks like.  At least the image of what I believe he looks like.  I could be wrong in my interpretation.  Still looking for more art for everyone else.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #456 on: <12-26-16/1152:34> »
Nice.  I wonder what you will come up with for Simone.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #457 on: <12-26-16/1216:13> »
For Simone I had this image in mind but wasn't 100% sure.  I think you described her with longer hair but again, I'm not completely certain.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #458 on: <12-26-16/1325:32> »
Irris without her gear and in casual clothing.  Her eyes are supposed to be black if I remember correctly but I couldn't find anything that matched up to how you described her on my search.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wheely on the job in the bottom left corner with some random people.  I wanted to find one with him tinkering with some drones or driving a car but this still fit my interpretation as to how he looked.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #459 on: <12-26-16/1333:14> »
Nice, where did you find those?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #460 on: <12-26-16/1339:13> »
She has cybereyes so they can look like anything.  Irris isn't quite so striking as that TBH

― Lewis Carroll

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #461 on: <12-26-16/1342:27> »
Google images really.  I would type in a random string of keywords like Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Male, Female, Decker, Rigger, Sniper, Elf, Modern, Cyborg, Fantasy, Dark, Soldier, Mercenary, Assassin, Magic, Magic Sword, Etc, and put the word 'Art' or 'Concept Art' at the end of the string and browse from there until I found something that matched up to what I had in my head.

Finding an image for Kynos might be next to impossible but I'm still trying.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #462 on: <12-26-16/1350:24> »
Well I originally held this image in mind when I thought of her but I discarded it because it wasn't big enough and because the hair color felt off.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #463 on: <12-26-16/1359:51> »
That's the one I was thinking of yeah

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #464 on: <12-26-16/1502:32> »
Finding an image for Kynos might be next to impossible but I'm still trying.

Eh, not that hard with his armor:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

If you ignore the body, one of those would also fit quite well:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex