NEWS

Questions for Updated FAQ ***COMMENTARY***- June Edition

• 5 Replies

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« on: <06-19-14/1021:40> »
Since Bull has said that he will be editing the main post mercilessly, and that he wants that topic as a reference, I thought I would create a commentary  thread, so we can respond to one another without Bull's ire.

Rules for the main thread:
No speculation, no arguments, no discussion is allowed in this thread.  I will edit posts mercilessly and flat out delete posts that are not questions.  If you want to discuss something, start a new thread.  This is the only warning you get that I will do this.  I want this thread to remain a useful link for me to reference later, and 3 pages of discussion for every question does not help.

Please try and keep your questions to relevant FAQ material, and not Errata related when possible.  We'll try and deal with that elsewhere, and is more a General Shadowrun 5 thing than it is a Missions thing, and as such it's outside of my purview.

Bull

Rules for this thread:

Post whatever. Well, generally in response to the master thread that is at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16989.0
« Last Edit: <06-19-14/1025:27> by The Masked Ferret »
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-19-14/1023:49> »
Let me just start by criticizing every post in there individually, declaring that the answer to the question they ask is totally obvious, and ridiculing the poster. Yes, including my own post. There, now that's out of the way.
« Last Edit: <06-19-14/2102:05> by ZeConster »

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #2 on: <06-19-14/1028:22> »
May GMs literally throw the book at players who want to loot cyberware from corpses? :)

What is wrong with players looting cyberware from corpses? As long as they know an organ legger or some ghouls, it shouldn't be a problem.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-19-14/1028:55> »
Let me just start by criticizing every post in there individually, declare that the answer to the question they ask is totally obvious, and ridicule the poster. Yes, including my own post. There, now that's out of the way.

You stole all the fun! Now the thread can be closed: there is nothing to discuss :-)))
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-19-14/1110:22> »
May GMs literally throw the book at players who want to loot cyberware from corpses? :)
What is wrong with players looting cyberware from corpses? As long as they know an organ legger or some ghouls, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think it's the "ick" factor.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-20-14/0902:16> »
There are two problems that come to mind - one story-based, and one game-based.  From a story standpoint, getting a reputation of killing people and selling their parts is likely to have you chopped up for parts the first time you're on the losing end of a fight...and give you quite a bit of notoriety even if you avoid that.  From a game standpoint...SR module writers seem to love stuffing bad guys with Delta-grade cyberware.  Even though you sell it at the Used rate, 5 points of Delta-grade cyberware (the equivalent of 10 points of normal 'ware) is going to add up to major Nuyen.  It's the equivalent of letting the characters grab a high-end deck and fence it.

While my Missions character hasn't looted cyberware from a corpse, there was one piece of 'ware that was already removed and conveniently left on a table.  I consider that fair game.  My fixer gave the team 30% of the price for the Used 'ware (another piece of former Delta cyberware).  It was a relatively small amount of Nuyen (especially splitting the profits among the entire group), but any unexpected bonus to profits is welcome.