NEWS

Drum to Cylinder conversion?

• 19 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #15 on: <01-31-13/0002:54> »
I guess if you wanted to do it the easy way then. Yeah, or electronic firing, if that can be added to SGs, oh wait... that's 2 slots, yeah, Sling, stock and shock pad, and a forgrip.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-31-13/0316:10> »
If you have a drum mag you already have a circular thing, so you can use that as the basis for an oversized cylinder.  You will probably loose some ammo capacity for the extra parts you need to install, but putting a cylinder mag inside a drum should be possible I think.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-31-13/0900:24> »
...  A shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun?

You've never seen an over-and-under before?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #18 on: <02-01-13/0309:24> »
I was actually proposing a drum (Clockspring) Magazine grenade launcher with an underbarrel masterkey, but yo dawg.
we heard you liked pump actions,
so we put a pump action on your pump action,
so you can shoot while you shoot.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #19 on: <02-08-13/0047:15> »
If you have a drum mag you already have a circular thing, so you can use that as the basis for an oversized cylinder.  You will probably loose some ammo capacity for the extra parts you need to install, but putting a cylinder mag inside a drum should be possible I think.
Depends on how the drum actually feeds into the weapon. If the bolt actually passes through a slot in the drum to chamber each round, then yes, the conversion to a revolver feed will be somewhat less complicated. It'll still be a lot of work.

However, if it's like most drum mags, the ammo feeds out of the drum into an extension piece, which means the chambering mechanism for those weapons are more or less the same type as you see that use standard stick magazines.

Heck, many real life drums can fit into standard magazine wells without modifying the weapon at all. Witness the Beta-C style drum mags that fit in many assault rifles. Or 50-100 round drums that can feed into pistols.

-k