NEWS

[Resource] Homebrewed Cities & Locations for Shadowrun

• 63 Replies

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <01-24-15/0849:16> »
Minneapolis has been written up and added to the dropbox.  My thanks to Lethal Joke for his assistance!  :D
Travel the world; meet new people; crush them for all they are worth!

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-27-15/1651:30> »
I've tweaked the Minneapolis file - many thanks to Lethal Joke for pointing out some inconsistencies and errors!  :-[

Rotten_Emu

• Newb
  • Luctor et Emergo
« Reply #17 on: <02-17-15/0451:24> »
In a recent revival of my Shadowrun escapades I've been working with the United Netherlands from 3rd edition Shadows of Europe. As we're from the Netherlands it's been a lot of fun fleshing out the past 20 years in the SR universe. If you want I can share the information we've gathered and fleshed out for inclusion in this (in whatever form you like).
"I was told I would be working with professionals" - Every Mr. Johnson to ever hire my Shadowrunner

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <02-17-15/0518:10> »
That would be great - I'll send you a PM to discuss!  :)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #19 on: <02-17-15/1800:22> »
any news on the Manchester (UK) update?
Cheers mate
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <02-18-15/1213:39> »
Still in development, mate - these write-ups take me a while!  It's one of three that I'm working on......   :-[

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <02-19-15/0859:36> »
thats cool mate, thanks for your hard work!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <01-06-16/1449:31> »
Hi guys, apologies for having dropped off the scene for a while - real life caught up with a vengeance!!

Anyway, San Diego is now finally available within the drop box!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #23 on: <01-06-16/1526:32> »
First, I love this!  It is such a great GM resource :D

Now some feedback.  I was reading the Montreal file, and really liked it for the most part.  There were a few small areas where it looks like current status was copied forward, but where that doesn’t make a lot of sense.  (to re-iterate, in general this was excellent, but I thought I'd give feedback where I saw it)

Transportation Links
-   Via rail is a Canadian crown corporation, and would certainly have changed form in the SR timeline (for that matter would Quebec have maintained passenger train service out of the country during its isolationist period?).  I could imagine Quebec having beefed up its internal rail links as make work projects and business for Bombardier’s trains division, so there may be train service, but I think it should be different than it is now.
-   I’m pretty sure that the name of the Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport would have been changed.  For all that he was from Quebec, he was far from beloved of Quebec nationalists, so I’m pretty sure changing the airport name would have been one of the earlier acts of the Quebec Republic.  Possibly re-named after Rene Levesque?

Media / Entertainment
-   CBC and Radio-Canada would be long gone, they are a Canadian government owned corporation.
-   I suspect that the English language newspapers would be gone, given the loss of most Anglophones with money and the language restrictions.  For that matter—newspapers, really?

Elsewhere
-   There are a few other things (the botanical gardens, for example) where one might think that over the next 60 years, in a poor city, the status quo would not be maintained.  Always up to the author, but I would have liked to have seen a few less carry-forwards, and a few more new things.

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <01-06-16/2304:01> »
Hey Beta

Thanks for the feedback, and you've nailed my major problem - because I'm not local to many of these cities (I'm British), it's difficult for me to pick up on some of the local nuances such as Trudeau being unpopular, etc.  All of these have used existing source material where available, and I am a little loathe to deviate too far from the mainstream sources where information is canon - however, I will nip back and review Montreal based on your comments.

As for newspapers, fair comment - perhaps an electronic/AR newsfeed is more appropriate.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: <09-17-21/0614:27> by sidslick »

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <01-07-16/0933:34> »
Hi all,

Based on Beta's kind comments, I've made some minor tweaks to Montreal and re-uploaded the file to the dropbox.

Cheers
« Last Edit: <09-17-21/0615:01> by sidslick »

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <05-27-17/0124:26> »
Hi, if I may make a request?

I would like to see more CAS cities, specifically Texas but really any CAS sprawls would be good.

Take however long you need, I have all the other ones to use in the meantime.

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <07-15-17/0924:22> »
Apologies all,

I've been caught up with some serious work and real life family-related issues that have held me up for some time; I'm still wading (very slowly) through Merseysprawl (Manchester/Liverpool in the UK) and Europort (Rotterdam in the United Netherlands), but I have significantly less spare time at the moment.

AvatarBF - I've been tempted to do Houston, along with Atlanta, but I'm open to suggestions? If you are from that neck of the woods in real-life, I would appreciate a proof-read in the fullness of time......?

Thank you all for your patience!

Sid
« Last Edit: <07-15-17/0928:20> by sidslick »

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <07-15-17/2029:01> »
Out of pure curiosity, would you ever be interested in working on Halifax? Reason I ask is I've been working on my own rough notes for some time, since my 5E game is set there (and it's where I live). It has a lot of history, and is a major seaport with extensive shipyards, military presence, and Lockheed Martin has a facility here (which I believe becomes an ARES subsidiary, so say hello to ARES and Knight Errant).
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <07-16-17/1103:40> »
Hi Magnaric,

I'm always open to suggestions - I'd happily add Halifax to my to-do list of cities, especially if you have notes and are local (I can bounce drafts over to you to make sure I have the right "feel").  The only down-side is that it might take me a while as I wrestle with real life!!!!  ::)

Cheers

Sid
« Last Edit: <07-16-17/1105:44> by sidslick »