NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #855 on: <12-25-15/1628:25> »
...update.

Found a small oddity.   In looking at the character in Common Tab, I notice there is a value of "1" under Base Attribute score for Resonance yet the character is mundane and the fields for both Magic and Resonance are all greyed out.  Magic shows a "0" value so shouldn't Resonance be "0" as well?  Not sure if this is part of the issue.
« Last Edit: <12-25-15/1648:47> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #856 on: <12-25-15/2102:18> »
...update.

Found a small oddity.   In looking at the character in Common Tab, I notice there is a value of "1" under Base Attribute score for Resonance yet the character is mundane and the fields for both Magic and Resonance are all greyed out.  Magic shows a "0" value so shouldn't Resonance be "0" as well?  Not sure if this is part of the issue.

I have also noticed this whenever I make a character.  I always pick Sum to 10, so I'm unaware if this happens with other creation methods.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #857 on: <12-26-15/0124:19> »
...it also occurs when using the standard priority system as well.

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #858 on: <12-28-15/1634:00> »
Am running into an issue in both priority and sum to 10 builds when I try to increase Edge using karma. Raising a human from 2 to 3 edge takes 105 karma off my total. This only happens once I've spent my special attribute points.

I'm using the latest 5.178 release and re-downloaded and installed it today.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #859 on: <12-30-15/1633:52> »
...found a temporary workaround for now.  I build the new character in ver 178, then save just the build version, close .178, open the character up in ver .176 and then save her to Career Mode.  That sidesteps the Karma - Special Attribute glitch.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #860 on: <01-01-16/1806:34> »
..still having issues breaking skill groups after entering Career Mode. 

For example, when I increase a single skill (2 > 3), it deducts the karma properly and raises the skill's base rating.  However after I save and close the character, then open  it up later, I find the base skill is reset back to the original skill group rating level (2) while the Karma spent still shows as being applied to the skill increase in he Karma/Nuyen tab.

I tired setting both rules options to allow for breaking skill groups with Skill Points, but that doesn't help either.  Sort of frustrating as I only recently discovered I've been playing the character with lower skill ratings than she actually has.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #861 on: <01-27-16/1558:03> »
Okay, so I can't even start the thing up.

I've downloaded and set up the latest .NET framework, and I downloaded and set up Mono, and have even used the Mono control panel to start up Chummer5 - you know, 'mono Folder\Chummer5.exe'.  And I even placed the Chummer 5.178 folder INSIDE the Mono folder.  But it goes straight to 'Chummer has stopped working.'  This says to me that somehow I have something in the background - .NET or Mono, I guess - that just ain't set up right.  What am I doing wrong, here?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #862 on: <01-27-16/1725:40> »
From memory Chummer doesn't play nice with Mono, due to the limited support for Toolstrips? There were a couple of tickets for it a few months back, I think. Never really went anywhere.

OrionRex

• Newb
« Reply #863 on: <03-03-16/1755:28> »
I also cannot launch Chummer5, i just get a Unhandled Exception error under Wine with .NET 4.0 or a Missing Method and Unhandled Exception error under Mono. Can post Wine error output upon request.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #864 on: <03-03-16/1821:17> »
Versions after 5.178 need .Net 4.5.1, because I reaaaaaally can't be bothered trying to implement an update mechanism that doesn't depend on features from 4.5.1. Technically I guess you could fork it, comment out the 4.5.1-dependent updater code and change the build requirement to 4?

OrionRex

• Newb
« Reply #865 on: <03-03-16/2028:09> »
Thank you, swithced to .NET 4.5 and Chummer launches cleanly now.

For reference to anyone with Wine on Ubuntu should follow this guide for installing dotnet45: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=31023

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #866 on: <03-04-16/1113:55> »
I noticed in the current release build that the lifestyle modifier for dwarves and trolls don't apply properly on the lifestyle tab.  It is correct in the edit window but when you return to the tab it is only the base amount which throws your total karma off.  I was able to edit it in my character's xml though.

madness

• Newb
« Reply #867 on: <03-08-16/1602:51> »
Registered literally for this only (I couldn't find the thread on dumpshock for some reason).  When I attempt to open the options it gives me an error.

[spoiler]************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Classes\clsLanguageManager.cs:line 493
   at Chummer.frmOptions.SetToolTips() in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\frmOptions.cs:line 861
   at Chummer.frmOptions.frmOptions_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\frmOptions.cs:line 27
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
[/spoiler]

odd

• Omae
« Reply #868 on: <03-08-16/1603:53> »
Registered literally for this only (I couldn't find the thread on dumpshock for some reason).  When I attempt to open the options it gives me an error.

[spoiler]************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Classes\clsLanguageManager.cs:line 493
   at Chummer.frmOptions.SetToolTips() in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\frmOptions.cs:line 861
   at Chummer.frmOptions.frmOptions_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\frmOptions.cs:line 27
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
[/spoiler]

What version and OS are you using?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #869 on: <03-09-16/0116:24> »
Fixing the lifestyle stuff up now, not sure how I missed that originally. The key violation that madness reported would normally indicate that it's trying to read a string that's not present. I'd suggest deleting your Chummer directory completely and downloading it again, the en-us.xml file may be corrupted or outdated.

As far as Dumpshock goes, I hate the thread style there so I never check it. I'd personally prefer that issues be raised on the github anyway, but that's a whole other thing.