NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #795 on: <10-10-15/2038:21> »
Hi there,

First of all, apologies, I've not read the 53 prior pages of this thread. Chummer 5 is a great piece of software, but I wonder if anyone can help or advise? When making an adept, I'm finding that when selecting adept powers, for those powers with multiple levels, the level selector is greyed out, and I cannot take more than 1 level of that power.

I assume I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks very much in advance...

You might have already gotten a response but I was having the same issue. What was borked for me was that the mentor spirit power came in at 0 ranks, when I raised that I could add in other powers as normal.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #796 on: <10-24-15/2121:50> »
Making a new character with hard targets in place.  Wanted to give her 'Adept Spell' and discount it (because way of the magician allows ALL adept powers (that are not increased reflexes) to be discounted, right?)

Chummer checks the checkbox, but doesn't modify 'Adept Spell's point cost. 

Is this a bug, or is there a line I missed that said 'Adept Spell' can not be discounted?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #797 on: <10-24-15/2226:46> »
I don't really see how a mystic adept taking the adept spell power would work fluffwise, but as far as Chummer code goes it's technically a bug as there's no adeptway discount key applied. Looks like there's a bunch of powers that are missing the values as well, so I'll have to sort that out.

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #798 on: <10-24-15/2233:43> »
I just updated Chummer5 via the automagic that happened when I opened it today, sadly all the machine pistols are now all listed by the name of "Chummer.ListItem" and clicking one of them causes it to generate an error.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #799 on: <10-24-15/2313:53> »
Try updating again, it should be sorted now. Slightly munged weapons.xml file.

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #800 on: <10-24-15/2337:35> »
Try updating again, it should be sorted now. Slightly munged weapons.xml file.

Works great after the quick update, thanks!

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #801 on: <10-25-15/0034:19> »
I don't really see how a mystic adept taking the adept spell power would work fluffwise, but as far as Chummer code goes it's technically a bug as there's no adeptway discount key applied. Looks like there's a bunch of powers that are missing the values as well, so I'll have to sort that out.
It's in the XML for the powers, not the Chummer code.  The <adeptway> anchor in the power is what Chummer looks to when you discount a power for an adept way.  Aside from the Improved Reflexes powers and those that cost a mere 0.25 power points, every power should have a value other than zero that is half of one level worth of the power due to the Magician's Way.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #802 on: <10-25-15/0041:38> »
I don't the think the bonuses from some the Gene mods are being calculated, ie - NEO EPO + 1 physical limit and +1 dice modifier to athletic skills, or Synch + 1 to perception

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #803 on: <10-25-15/1030:49> »
I don't really see how a mystic adept taking the adept spell power would work fluffwise,

In case you're actually interested, here's what me and my GM have agreed on:

Firstly, there's nothing in the rules saying that adepts (non-mystic) can NOT follow the magician's way
Secondly, the way the mystic adept rules currently work is that they're ALWAYS "magicians" first and adepts second (while in SR4 the player could chose where to lay the priority by splitting their magic), therefore it's currently NOT possible to make a mystic-Adept that is an Adept first, but also dabbles in spellcasting. You HAVE to get as much Magic as you want powerpoints, and THEN spend karma on the PPs...

In our headfluff, 'Adept spell' circumvents that, albeit at a high cost...  and discounting it via the magician's way makes sense in that regard.  It should also be noted that my GM allowed me to take it multiple times (once per spell), although only the first instance may be discounted.
Which, in the long run, means that this character can now chose between a powerpoint, a spell, or a metamagic any time she gains an initiate grade... Quite pricey, those spells, no?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #804 on: <10-25-15/1855:26> »
*Shrug* No skin off my back; you'd get some odd looks if you asked for it in my games, but that's neither here nor there. All eligible powers will be able to receive the discount in the next build.

Genemods don't seem to have been set up to do anything as yet. I'll get to them in the next build as well.

Also, useful PSA for those of you who print your character sheets to PDF:
To preserve the background colour formatting and such from the sheets, follow these steps.
Important PSA for people wanting to print to pDF directly from Chummer:

Open up Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon, and hover over Print.
Select Page Setup.
In the Page Setup dialog box, place a check in the Print background colors and images check box, and then tap or click OK.

I'm going to build in some code to automatically apply that setting when you print from Chummer later, but that won't be for a little while.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #805 on: <10-26-15/1757:24> »
Quick question. Is there an option in Chummer5 to not have the cost of raising stuff with karma multiplied during character creation, just staying at base karma cost?

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #806 on: <10-26-15/1803:54> »
Quick question. Is there an option in Chummer5 to not have the cost of raising stuff with karma multiplied during character creation, just staying at base karma cost?

The only costs that change between creation and career is the cost of Qualities, and those are more expensive in career.
Not sure what exactly your question was?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #807 on: <10-26-15/1805:36> »
So instead of the karma cost for a new attribute being 5 x new rating, it'd just be 5? No, there's no support for that.  Kind of an odd rule, really. Like a less restricted version of Sum to Ten or Priority.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #808 on: <10-26-15/1850:53> »
Yeah, my group uses the starting karma as character build points. Feels like it lessens trying to min/max priority points to eek as much out of the karma as possible. It's no biggy, just figured I'd ask!

odd

• Omae
« Reply #809 on: <10-28-15/0907:01> »
hmm cyberlimb attributes do not add up to dice pools?

I've noticed this too.  I think I remember the 4th edition having custom rules for how limbs are handled, but don't see in 5.

It also seems that customizations don't add to the availability?

I think this would fall under their issue #382, so I think they know about it.
« Last Edit: <10-28-15/1611:33> by odd »